Holly has gone to the bridge (June 1, 1995 - Aug. 2, 2013)

Old August 2nd 13, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Holly has gone to the bridge (June 1, 1995 - Aug. 2, 2013)

I had to make the painful decision to put Holly to sleep this morning. She
had a very rapidly-growing cancer located in her liver, intestines, and
other organs. There was no sign of a tumor 3 months earlier (although she
had been losing a great deal of weight), but a large mass was seen during
her checkup today. Her liver had been pushed to the other side of her body,
and she was throwing up (projectile vomiting) several times a day. I did
not want to make the selfish decision to force her to keep going just so I
could have her with me. I hope I made the right decision, but I wanted to
spare her the pain that she would have been facing. I have always
considered this to be the final act of love for our beloved pets, and I hope
I made the right decision.

I am heartbroken, and I keep breaking down in tears. We celebrated her 18th
birthday on June 1.

MaryL

Old August 2nd 13, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:01:31 -0500, MaryL wrote:

[...]

What can I say but: "Rise up slowly, Angel...."It's hard tp let you go...

She wil never be forgotten by those who loved her. MLB
Old August 2nd 13, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mary, we will purr and pray for Holly's safe journey to the RB.
She will be happy there.

Lily & her mama

Old August 2nd 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

I know it takes courage to make that decision, but you know it was best
for her. (It's too bad we can't make the same decision for ourselves,
when faced with similar circumstances.)

Old August 2nd 13, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

{{Hugs}} for your broken heart. Purrs for her swift trip to the Bridge, and cuddles to Duffy for his broken heart too.
Old August 2nd 13, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_9_]

MaryL wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry, purrs for your broken heart. Be at peace knowing Holly
won't suffer.

Bobble

Old August 2nd 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

For Holly, beloved of Mary and Duffy:

DESDEMONA'S FAREWELL TO EARTH(S L Smith)
Farewell familiar Earth, I am no longer prone
To Earthly gravity which weighs down frail flesh and bone
My soul is lighter than the feather which on the scales of justice lies
And now I dance on sunbeams beyond Earth's cloud-studded azure skies
A far more sad farewell I bid to those who loved me well
For while I dance light-pawed in paradise, my absence brings them hell
Do not prolong your sadness, for I know that ere too long we'll meet again
And you can rest assured that I'm gone far beyond all suffering or pain
Do not feel guilty, or think that I have felt betrayed
Because you had to lend a helping had to ease me towards my grave
And do not feel that you betray me when you take a new cat to your heart
You will need mortal feline company to fill the time while we remain apart
Farewell familiar Earth, I am no longer prone
To the pain of age, and cancers which in my flesh had grown
Now I dance on sunbeams beyond those broad cerulean skies
And betimes I will gaze down upon you, with gentle, loving, emerald eyes
Old August 2nd 13, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Holly Pictures:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/4688583