OT - Babies update

Old August 21st 05, 01:42 AM
Snittens

Default OT - Babies update

Hi all,

Baby Beatrix is home and doing great. Ainsley is still in the NICU. She
has recovered from her initial issues of respiratory distress and blood
loss, however another problem was discovered. She has very little thyroid
function and this is causing her to be sluggish, slow to respond, not
interested in feeding, trouble regulating body temp. She had an ultrasound
yesterday that showed an underdeveloped thyroid gland, and will have a
nuclear medicine scan Monday to investigate further. She was started on
synthroid two days ago and is already improving. Ainsley will now eat most
of her bottle herself (the rest goes in a feeding tube) and was taken off
the warming lamps yesterday.
Please keep her in your thoughts. I still lurk while Bea is sleeping but
haven't had time to post.

--
-Kelly

Old August 21st 05, 02:00 AM
Candace

Snittens wrote:
Hi all,

Baby Beatrix is home and doing great. Ainsley is still in the NICU. She
has recovered from her initial issues of respiratory distress and blood
loss, however another problem was discovered. She has very little thyroid
function and this is causing her to be sluggish, slow to respond, not
interested in feeding, trouble regulating body temp. She had an ultrasound
yesterday that showed an underdeveloped thyroid gland, and will have a
nuclear medicine scan Monday to investigate further. She was started on
synthroid two days ago and is already improving. Ainsley will now eat most
of her bottle herself (the rest goes in a feeding tube) and was taken off
the warming lamps yesterday.
Please keep her in your thoughts. I still lurk while Bea is sleeping but
haven't had time to post.

Kelly, I'm very sorry little Ainsley is having these problems. I'm
glad her first issues have resolved but sorry she isn't home with you
yet. I will certainly keep all of you in my thoughts.

Candace

Old August 21st 05, 05:13 AM
Kitkat

Snittens wrote:
Hi all,

Baby Beatrix is home and doing great. Ainsley is still in the NICU. She
has recovered from her initial issues of respiratory distress and blood
loss, however another problem was discovered. She has very little thyroid
function and this is causing her to be sluggish, slow to respond, not
interested in feeding, trouble regulating body temp. She had an ultrasound
yesterday that showed an underdeveloped thyroid gland, and will have a
nuclear medicine scan Monday to investigate further. She was started on
synthroid two days ago and is already improving. Ainsley will now eat most
of her bottle herself (the rest goes in a feeding tube) and was taken off
the warming lamps yesterday.
Please keep her in your thoughts. I still lurk while Bea is sleeping but
haven't had time to post.

Good thoughts and purrs for Ainsley and all of you. She and I can be
synthroid sisters.

Thinking of you!
Pam, DH, Luna and Dudley
Old August 21st 05, 10:13 AM
-L.

Snittens wrote:
Hi all,

Baby Beatrix is home and doing great. Ainsley is still in the NICU.

snip

We miss you around here, but understand what your priorties are.

Give those babies lots of love from us.

-L.

Old August 22nd 05, 01:33 AM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:42:02 -0400, Snittens wrote:

Hi all,

Baby Beatrix is home and doing great. Ainsley is still in the NICU. She
has recovered from her initial issues of respiratory distress and blood
loss, however another problem was discovered. She has very little thyroid
function and this is causing her to be sluggish, slow to respond, not
interested in feeding, trouble regulating body temp. She had an
ultrasound yesterday that showed an underdeveloped thyroid gland, and will
have a nuclear medicine scan Monday to investigate further. She was
started on synthroid two days ago and is already improving. Ainsley will
now eat most of her bottle herself (the rest goes in a feeding tube) and
was taken off the warming lamps yesterday.
Please keep her in your thoughts. I still lurk while Bea is sleeping but
haven't had time to post.

We are still purring for you and the babies. May the road ahead be
smooth. MLB

Old August 27th 05, 05:07 AM
Rhonda

Yeah, that's great that Beatrix is home!

How is Ainsley doing? What did the PET scan show? I hope it's nothing
serious. I'm glad the other problems have been fixed.

Keep us updated,

Rhonda

Old August 27th 05, 05:13 AM
-L.

Rhonda wrote:
Yeah, that's great that Beatrix is home!

How is Ainsley doing? What did the PET scan show? I hope it's nothing
serious. I'm glad the other problems have been fixed.

Keep us updated,

Rhonda

I don't know if Kelly is able to read/post much - Ainsley is home now,
and both babies are doing wonderfully. She will have her DH for
another week before he has to return to work.

-L.

Old August 27th 05, 07:17 AM
Candace

-L. wrote:

I don't know if Kelly is able to read/post much - Ainsley is home now,
and both babies are doing wonderfully. She will have her DH for
another week before he has to return to work.

That's great news! I'm happy for her.

Candace

Old August 27th 05, 11:52 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On 26 Aug 2005 23:17:26 -0700, "Candace" wrote:

-L. wrote:

I don't know if Kelly is able to read/post much - Ainsley is home now,
and both babies are doing wonderfully. She will have her DH for
another week before he has to return to work.

That's great news! I'm happy for her.

Candace

There's a guy who is gonna be real glad to get back to work.

I don't understand why people reproduce. My instincts take me as far
as the urge to copulate. Beyond that, it's a blank, a mystery. I
have never wanted to deal with kids. They are incredibly demanding
and expensive. And how do you know you won't raise the next Scott
Peterson? Look at what those poor people got out of a lifetime of
parenting.

I guess Scott Peterson felt about the same way I did about being a
family man. His problem was he skimped on cement, or he'd be a free
man today with a bimbo here and another one there.

Just my thoughts, FWIW.

Charlie
Old August 27th 05, 11:00 PM
Kitkat

-L. wrote:

I don't know if Kelly is able to read/post much - Ainsley is home now,
and both babies are doing wonderfully. She will have her DH for
another week before he has to return to work.

-L.

Thanks for another update, Lyn. I was thinking about Kelly last night
and was going to post and ask how she was doing.

Kelly, if you are out there...hugs!

Pam & furry crew