A frog worth its cost

Old September 25th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default A frog worth its cost

A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely sofa for
$20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his looks, and I like real frogs a
lot, but I wouldn't have bid on this frog without a better reason. I bought
the frog in hopes of ending Tommy's habit of splashing water out of his bowl
onto the floor. My guess was that the frog would save me a lot of mopping up
after Tommy. It has done a commendable job of that.

See pic for details:

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...cdate=20060924

Old September 25th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Pat wrote:
A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely sofa for
$20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his looks, and I like real frogs a
lot, but I wouldn't have bid on this frog without a better reason. I bought
the frog in hopes of ending Tommy's habit of splashing water out of his bowl
onto the floor. My guess was that the frog would save me a lot of mopping up
after Tommy. It has done a commendable job of that.

The frog is very cute, but I don't understand how it stops Tommy from
splashing the water. Well, good thing it does, anyway!

Old September 25th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Marina" wrote

The frog is very cute, but I don't understand how it stops Tommy from
splashing the water. Well, good thing it does, anyway!

I think it works because it occupies so much of the space in the dish that
he can no longer get his paw in there properly to splash the water out.

Old September 25th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote

The frog is very cute, but I don't understand how it stops Tommy from
splashing the water. Well, good thing it does, anyway!

I think it works because it occupies so much of the space in the dish that
he can no longer get his paw in there properly to splash the water out.

It looks as though it would keep him from getting his face in there to get a
drink.

Old September 25th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Joy" wrote

It looks as though it would keep him from getting his face in there to get
a drink.

Well, it doesn't stop him or any of the others. They do have to angle their
heads slightly, but I don't suppose that is hurting them in any way.

Old September 25th 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely sofa

for
$20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his looks, and I like real frogs a
lot, but I wouldn't have bid on this frog without a better reason. I

bought
the frog in hopes of ending Tommy's habit of splashing water out of his

bowl
onto the floor. My guess was that the frog would save me a lot of mopping

up
after Tommy. It has done a commendable job of that.

See pic for details:

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...cdate=20060924

Tyrone is famous for knocking over the water dish so I bought one of those
non-tippable ones. Right, like that worked. My solution was to give him
his own water glass on top of a table. He loves it and no more splashing!
Pua's got her own glass, too. Chloe prefers drinking out of the water dish.
Go figure.

kili

Old September 25th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Pat wrote:
A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely
sofa for $20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his looks, and I like
real frogs a lot, but I wouldn't have bid on this frog without a
better reason. I bought the frog in hopes of ending Tommy's habit of
splashing water out of his bowl onto the floor. My guess was that the
frog would save me a lot of mopping up after Tommy. It has done a
commendable job of that.

See pic for details:

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...cdate=20060924

I like it :-) I think you're mistaken who's sofa it is, I'm quite sure it
belongs to Abelard. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 25th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Pat wrote:
A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely sofa for
$20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his looks, and I like real frogs a
lot, but I wouldn't have bid on this frog without a better reason. I bought
the frog in hopes of ending Tommy's habit of splashing water out of his bowl
onto the floor. My guess was that the frog would save me a lot of mopping up
after Tommy. It has done a commendable job of that.

See pic for details:

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...cdate=20060924

Very cute. That looks like the kind of frog that sits on your kitchen
counter and holds the dish scrubber. Make sure it's kept really clean,
though. I'm sure mold will build up otherwise. I'm glad it works.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old September 26th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Jane wrote:
Pat wrote:
A small item I acquired at the recent auction where I got my lovely
sofa for $20 is a hollow ceramic frog. I liked his looks, and I like
real frogs a lot, but I wouldn't have bid on this frog without a
better reason. I bought the frog in hopes of ending Tommy's habit of
splashing water out of his bowl onto the floor. My guess was that
the frog would save me a lot of mopping up after Tommy. It has done
a commendable job of that.

See pic for details:

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...cdate=20060924

Very cute. That looks like the kind of frog that sits on your kitchen
counter and holds the dish scrubber. Make sure it's kept really
clean, though. I'm sure mold will build up otherwise. I'm glad it
works.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

That certainly is what the frog is intended for! I'd be buying a slightly
larger water bowl so the cats don't have to do contortions with their little
necks in order to get a drink.

Jill

Old September 26th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote
Jane wrote:
Pat wrote:
[...]

They only have to contort a bit when the water level is way down. They also
have a Pet-Mate fountain in another room which never gets splashed. They
like having water available in more than one location. I do plan to get a
slightly bigger dish for their kitchen water but a higher priority right now
is one more covered litterbox.

I have to do this kind of stuff gradually as the budget allows. I usually
need other stuff more than the cats need the non-essentials that they get,
and yet I end up spending money on them and putting stuff for me on hold.
Like, I sure could use a new carbon steel wok. I haven't had a wok since
before I moved to Arizona. It's been over 20 years. And I love to cook in a
wok. Was looking at them in Walmart last week. They had the right size. But
I won't get one until I have the yard cat-proofed so the masters can go
outside safely, since there's more stuff I'll have to buy for the fence.