My excellent nurse kitties

Old September 26th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default My excellent nurse kitties

"Jo Firey" wrote

I feel a bit like that guy from the American folk tale who took the many
year nap. But still feeling to fuzzy to recall his name.

Wasn't it Rip Van Winkle?

Old September 29th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Our kitties tend to be excellent snugglers, especially on the bed. But
they usually just find a clear spot on the bed and curl up. Since last
weekend, though, I've been fighting off a bad case of the flu. Unlike
previous times I've had the flu, this time it seems to be characterised
by powerful stomach cramps so I'm spending a lot of time in bed.

I guess the kitties can tell I haven't been feeling well. When Amelia
comes up on the bed, she curls up right next to my stomach or my back,
pressing against me. If I adjust my position, she adjusts hers as well,
keeping contact with me. And Sammy boy goes all-out. I sleep on my
side, so Sammy climbs up on which ever side is on top, curls up, and
purrs up a storm. There's nothing like having one kitty curled up
against your stomach purring powerfully, with a second kitty curled up
on your side adding his purrs. And they will stay there for hours.

What dedicated nurse-cats!
Old September 29th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Tyrone has been a nurse cat for me, too. My tumors have been growing
rampantly, and it's like he knows. He cuddles up to me on the side that
hurts worse and his body warmth feels so nice and comforting. I sleep most
of the day, now and he's never far from me. It's so nice to have him there.

kili

Old September 29th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:10:18 GMT, "kilikini"
yodeled:

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Mine are sending you extra, extra purrs.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 29th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:54:09 -0700, Dan M yodeled:

[...]

Isn't it wonderful? I don't think there's anything in the world as
comforting as having a purring kitty beside you (or on you).

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 29th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

kili

Old September 29th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:54:09 -0700, Dan M wrote:

[...]

Awwwwww. Feel beter soon, Dan!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old September 29th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

I'm glad they are there for you and hope you are starting to feel better.

My two are worthless. I've been feeling lousy. They've been busy else
where. (This may be why I was looking at cats at PetSmart)

I didn't get up this morning except to put out food and water and open
doors. Now being deaf you can miss things. When I finally got up about
noon, I found the field across the street had been leveled and the house
next door to it has had the roof removed. Even all the debris cleared up
and hauled off. The cats have taken up stations and decided to become
construction supervisors.

I feel a bit like that guy from the American folk tale who took the many
year nap. But still feeling to fuzzy to recall his name.

Jo

Old September 29th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs that you start to feel better.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old September 30th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sue

Jo Firey wrote:

I feel a bit like that guy from the American folk tale who took the many
year nap. But still feeling to fuzzy to recall his name.

Jo

Rip Van Winkle. Not far from me. Catskill mountains, I believe