It only took him 8 years to figure out

Old December 6th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

Default It only took him 8 years to figure out

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:42:03 +0800, badwilson wrote:

Hurray, Vino has finally figured out how to puke up hairballs! He had
done it once before, years and years ago, but since then he would just
do this wheezing cough all the time but swallow it all down in the end.
I always noticed a lot of hair in his poops when scooping the litterbox.
But recently, he spat up a very compact tube of hair. And then another
one, and another one. In the last 2 weeks he has done it about 5 times.
It is getting warm here and he is shedding quite a bit, probably because
he put on a very thick coat over the winter. He hadn't experienced any
cold temps in 5 years while we lived in Thailand.
Anyway, now that he is outputting the hair from the front, they are no
longer showing up in the litterbox. And the wheezing coughing has
completely stopped. Yay :-)

If you brush him every day, he should have fewer hairballs. It must feel
awful trying to chuck them up.

Old December 6th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old December 6th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Hi! Oh, we are enjoying it very much, definitely feels like home
already.
Vino likes having access to the outside via the fully fenced backyard.
But naturally he has developed an obsession with the front yard now. It
was only a matter of time before that happened. There are a few cats in
the neighbourhood which run around out there with bells on their
collars. Vino hears them and goes nuts rushing from front window to
front window. But I never let him out the front door and he hates me
for it! Oh well, can't have everything ;-)
Oh yeah, we are in Margaret River, about 3 hours south of Perth.

Old December 6th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chakolate

"badwilson" wrote in news:4tmi08F14fhhbU1
@mid.individual.net:

Anyway, now that he is outputting the hair from the front, they are no
longer showing up in the litterbox. And the wheezing coughing has
completely stopped. Yay :-)

It takes a good cat slave to appreciate good hairballs. :-)

Chak

--
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I
usually make the right decision.
Old December 6th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"badwilson" wrote:
Hurray, Vino has finally figured out how to puke up hairballs! He had
done it once before, years and years ago, but since then he would just
do this wheezing cough all the time but swallow it all down in the end.
I always noticed a lot of hair in his poops when scooping the litterbox.
But recently, he spat up a very compact tube of hair. And then another
one, and another one. In the last 2 weeks he has done it about 5 times.
It is getting warm here and he is shedding quite a bit, probably because
he put on a very thick coat over the winter. He hadn't experienced any
cold temps in 5 years while we lived in Thailand.
Anyway, now that he is outputting the hair from the front, they are no
longer showing up in the litterbox. And the wheezing coughing has
completely stopped. Yay :-)

Five hairballs in two weeks! That's so much. It must feel goood to
chuck those out. I imagine that much hair would be dangerous if he
weren't a shorthair.

Old December 6th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"badwilson" wrote in message
Hi! Oh, we are enjoying it very much, definitely feels like home already.
Vino likes having access to the outside via the fully fenced backyard. But
naturally he has developed an obsession with the front yard now. It was
only a matter of time before that happened. There are a few cats in the
neighbourhood which run around out there with bells on their collars.
Vino hears them and goes nuts rushing from front window to front window.
But I never let him out the front door and he hates me for it! Oh well,
can't have everything ;-)
Oh yeah, we are in Margaret River, about 3 hours south of Perth.
--
Britta

Oooh luvverly!! Lol Bruno sounds just like ours; I have to step over a furry
orange doormat just to get in the door as they are so eager to watch the
action!! Fortunately our council is very good with educating and encouraging
responsible pet ownership, so I see very few cats or dogs wandering around,
and the few I do see are obviously 'accidental' escapees rather than
habitual wanderers...which is a change from the cities down south where it's
open door policy!
I'm glad you are enjoying your new life, hope it all continues to go well
for you all

--
Excuse the typos. I have a lapful of purry Siamese. In the process of my
writing this, they have

Old December 6th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

badwilson wrote:
Hurray, Vino has finally figured out how to puke up hairballs! He had
done it once before, years and years ago, but since then he would just
do this wheezing cough all the time but swallow it all down in the end.
I always noticed a lot of hair in his poops when scooping the litterbox.
But recently, he spat up a very compact tube of hair. And then another
one, and another one. In the last 2 weeks he has done it about 5 times.
It is getting warm here and he is shedding quite a bit, probably because
he put on a very thick coat over the winter. He hadn't experienced any
cold temps in 5 years while we lived in Thailand.
Anyway, now that he is outputting the hair from the front, they are no
longer showing up in the litterbox. And the wheezing coughing has
completely stopped. Yay :-)

LOL! Well, congratulations, I guess.

Old December 6th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

He gets plenty of brushings. It is difficult though because he has to
move along while being brushed so I have to pretty much crawl on my
hands and knees and follow him around with the brush. There's only so
much of that I can take!