question about antibiotic (Enrofloxacin-Baytril) dosage

Old August 14th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nadia N.

Default question about antibiotic (Enrofloxacin-Baytril) dosage

Riannon via CatKB.com wrote:

Humans are *not* supposed to drink milk while taking antibiotics - but I
don't know if that would also apply to animals.

Yes, that's what I've been told too. That's why I asked the vet. But
Baytril is an animals-only antibiotic. Maybe it's different... Still,
I've been holding off on giving him any milk until a few more hours have
passed since his latest antibiotics pill. If I can get him to drink some
water with his food, I won't risk giving him the milk.

Agree with Catnipped - Fancy Feast is kitty crack; also Sheba (in the plastic
square container)

Riannon

I wish I could find either of these here in Spain. All I've seen in the
stores is Whiskas, Friskies, Purina One, as well as some brands I've
never heard of, like Felix and Brekkies. I might just have to buy one of
everything and hope he likes at least one. If he ever gets out from
under the bed, that is.

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old August 14th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Nadia N." wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

I know this must be stressful for you both. Mine have never turned down
Fancy Feast - and since it was bought out by Purina, they changed the
ingredients to make it healthy too. Here's the nutritional information I
got from Purina: http://www.possibleplaces.com/Fancy%5FFeast%5FValues/.
And believe me, *nothing* stinks as good as Fancy Feast (I have to rinse
out the cans before I put them in the kitchen garbage pail)! ;

No Fancy Feast in pet stores or grocery stores in Spain, unfortunately
:-( I found Whiskas and Friskies, as well as some store brands. We'll see
how he likes the Whiskas tonight. If he doesn't like it, I'm going on a
cat food shopping spree tomorrow morning.

Ah, well, then I'd just advise something as smelly as possible - they seem
to like that! ; When they're sick it's not so important *what* they eat,
just that they *do* eat. Have you tried the water from a can of human tuna?
I wouldn't advise that normally because of the salt and mercury content, but
a limited amout, just to get some liquids down him, wouldn't hurt.

At least he's not in pain and running to the litterbox every 5 minutes. It
just broke my heart to see him panting and hissing with pain on Tuesday.
So if I have to force pills down his throat so he'll get better, we'll
both just have to endure it for a little while...

Yeah, there's nothing as heartbreaking as seeing a loved one in pain - I'd
rather bear the pain myself!

Thanks again Catnipped. You've been a great help, both in providing useful
advice and in keeping my spirits up :-)

Well, it sounds like you have a handle on things, all I can do at this point
is cheer you on and send my clowder's healing purrs along with my well
wishes.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 14th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nadia N.

CatNipped wrote:

Ah, well, then I'd just advise something as smelly as possible - they seem
to like that! ; When they're sick it's not so important *what* they eat,
just that they *do* eat. Have you tried the water from a can of human tuna?
I wouldn't advise that normally because of the salt and mercury content, but
a limited amout, just to get some liquids down him, wouldn't hurt.

Good idea, I'll have to add human tuna to my shopping list for tomorrow.

Thanks again Catnipped. You've been a great help, both in providing useful
advice and in keeping my spirits up :-)

Well, it sounds like you have a handle on things, all I can do at this point
is cheer you on and send my clowder's healing purrs along with my well
wishes.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Purrs and good wishes greatly appreciated :-)

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety

antibiotic dose for cat Jerry Cat health & behaviour 8 April 8th 08 02:17 PM
antibiotic question PatM Cat anecdotes 2 December 28th 06 06:12 AM
Baytril Francis Cats - misc 2 February 8th 06 01:36 AM
Antibiotic in his eye [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 6 June 13th 05 07:36 PM
Enrofloxacin vs Orbafloxacin ? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 48 November 21st 03 07:48 PM