Article: Cat who put owner in hospital from bite wounds to be destroyed.

Old May 11th 04, 11:21 AM
Mary

equalizer wrote in message
On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:28:35 GMT, Laura R.
wrote:

circa 7 May 2004 21:52:12 -0700, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Sethran ) said,
Again, I don't personally recommend declawing period. But dealing
with a cat with this issue is something most people can't really
imagine. It is a real organic problem. My vet has compared it to
living with a paranoid person who isn't on medication. I have lived
with such a person and that's actually a pretty good comparison. You
never know what's going to be the new monster this time around.

Good lord, you and I have had the same life! ;-)

***KNOCK*** ***KNOCK*** ***KNOCK*** "Let me in!! I've
Chaaaaaaaaaaaanged!"

Hahahaha!!!!!
Seriously, though, my parents' cat does the misdirected aggression
thing, but only with *me*. We don't know the cat's origins (he was
found wandering around a highway rest area), but there is something
about me that triggers it in this cat. He is the only animal I've
ever encountered in my life that reacted badly to me (and this
includes animals that were supposedly "vicious" who I had nuzzling me
within minutes), and he has, on several occasions, *chased* me
through my parents' house. What triggers it in him? Besides my
presence, of course, we have no idea. I have certainly never abused
the big fat rat *******. :-)

Laura

---

Old May 11th 04, 11:25 AM
Mary

equalizer wrote in message
On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:49:31 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"Laura R." wrote:

I have certainly never abused
the big fat rat *******. :-)

Gnarly's daughter (who my Mom raised from kittenhood) hated me so much

that
the sound of my voice--or maybe it was my smell, or both-- made her hiss.
She liked to hide under my mother's covers. I just walked in the room to
care for my mother and this bed lump hissed and SPIT.

Oh, man, that's funny!

---

Yep, and here I was her "savior" and all. I adopted Gnarly pregnant and flew
with two of her kittens across the country so that my mom and sister might
adopt them. And that is how the one little beast thanked me! On the bright
side, it made my mother laugh at a time when she had little to laugh about,
as she was very ill. I would just walk around the bed to get medicine or
ANYTHING and the bed lump would start. She was not, however, brave enough to
come out of the covers. I think she inherited her Mama Gnarly's
less-than-stellar kitty intellect and cowardice.

---