Megan DOES Live in a 1-bedroom Apt. With 20-some cats.

Old June 18th 05, 03:58 PM
PawsForThought

Meghan Noecker wrote:
It just doesn't make sense to me. How can somebody love an animal, and
then get rid of it, without any remorse or anything. And because of a
cold?

I think Phillip looks at cats as objects, and certainly not beings with
needs, wants and feelings. Look at his first post about Conan and it's
quite obvious what a ****head this guy is:

""Ok ... I found a cat. Not the Bengal kitten or like tempered orange
tabby kitten I was after but ... that's what happens when you go
shopping the Bargain Bin."

Lauren

Old June 18th 05, 05:14 PM
Mary

"Candace" wrote

There's so much sadness in the world that, really, anytime one
contributes to it, it really harms everyone. I know that sounds hokey
and it's the middle of the night but it's true. All the animals that
have crappy, unloved lives...we owe it to them and everyone to not
compound that pain but to make life better for as many beings as
possible.

Not hokey. Just true, for anyone with a living heart.
Many people become hard-hearted over the years.
I guess some are born that way. I have struggled
not to.

Old June 18th 05, 05:19 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...
Candace wrote:
There's so much sadness in the world that, really, anytime one
contributes to it, it really harms everyone. I know that sounds hokey
and it's the middle of the night but it's true. All the animals that
have crappy, unloved lives...we owe it to them and everyone to not
compound that pain but to make life better for as many beings as
possible.

Candace

Rubbish. There is so much happiness and joy in this world when you

choose
to see it.

...and ignore the suffering and unhappiness of others. Life must be grand
for you- not being inconvenienced or burdened with a conscience or
compassion.

I bask in the happy things--my own deep satisfaction and happiness
with the life I have built, among other things. Part of what makes
me happy is trying to alleviate suffering for other creatures when
I can.

Old June 19th 05, 05:36 AM
Rhonda

Philip wrote:

Meghan Noecker wrote:
snip

I cannot imagine somebody having a cat in their home for 10-14 days
and then just returning them as if it was no big deal.

It should make you wonder about what you DON'T know. Has it occured to you
that a short ownership time makes objective choices less difficult?

That didn't occur to me, for one. It still doesn't occur to me.

Rhonda

Old June 19th 05, 07:41 AM
Meghan Noecker

On 18 Jun 2005 02:53:55 -0700, "Candace" wrote:

That's very sad, Meghan. Did he die from complications of his surgery
or what happened? How terribly awful but I'm glad he had you for his
last days.

He seemed to be improving until the last few days and then was
vomiting and had diarrhea. He went back to the vet several times, and
started to improve with that too. And then he suddenly got worse late
at night. We did not do a necropsy, but we suspect that we either
missed an internal injury or he was sick previously.

He was tested for the standard diseases before we did the surgery. But
he did have worms and was severely underweight. So, there could have
been something else. It is also quite possible that the stress and
oof changes were nough to make him sick, and he just didn't have
enough left to fight it. He was longer than Maynard (who weighed 9
1/2lbs, yet he weighed only 6lbs. You could feel more detail in his
skull than I knew existed before then. He really was a walking
skeleton with fur.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 19th 05, 07:42 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 04:36:35 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Philip wrote:

Meghan Noecker wrote:
snip

I cannot imagine somebody having a cat in their home for 10-14 days
and then just returning them as if it was no big deal.

It should make you wonder about what you DON'T know. Has it occured to you
that a short ownership time makes objective choices less difficult?

That didn't occur to me, for one. It still doesn't occur to me.

Apperently, he missed my point. Even 2 weeks is enough time to totally
bond with an animal. I guess he just isn't the bonding type.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography