(?)

Old October 29th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default (?)

Is there something about cats can eat dog food but dogs shouldn't eat cat
food. Or, the other way around. Sadie won't eat her food but loves the dry
cat food.
She will only eat wet food and I really would like her to eat dry but she
won't eat dry dog food and I have tried three kinds.

Old October 29th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Granby"
Is there something about cats can eat dog food but dogs shouldn't eat cat
food. Or, the other way around. Sadie won't eat her food but loves the
dry cat food.
She will only eat wet food and I really would like her to eat dry but she
won't eat dry dog food and I have tried three kinds.

I've heard 'something' about that, but I can't remember what it was.
Call a TED and ask, would be my advice.
Kyla

Old October 29th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:34:15 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

Is there something about cats can eat dog food but dogs shouldn't eat cat
food. Or, the other way around. Sadie won't eat her food but loves the dry
cat food.
She will only eat wet food and I really would like her to eat dry but she
won't eat dry dog food and I have tried three kinds.

Cats should not eat dog food because the protein and mineral balance
is all wrong.
Old October 29th 08, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Daniel Mahoney

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

Is there something about cats can eat dog food but dogs shouldn't eat cat
food. Or, the other way around. Sadie won't eat her food but loves the dry
cat food.
She will only eat wet food and I really would like her to eat dry but she
won't eat dry dog food and I have tried three kinds.

Cat's shouldn't eat dog food as their sole food source because dog food
doesn't contain taurine, which cats require in their diet. As far as
dogs eating kitty food, the only concern I can think of would be whether
the calorie content was ok. If she just snacks on cat food and still
eats her canned dog food I would think she'd be fine.
Old October 29th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I am going to get some Kibble dog food, mix it with the cat food, more the
same size bits, and try that in the evening. It is only a snack, when O T
or Piglet nudge the dish to the edge of their little table so Sadie can get
to it!

As I heard her crunching, I just got concerned because I thought I
remembered something about one food not being good for one animal.

I hate those CRS days.

Old October 29th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Thank you, I am going to combine some other dog food with it to try and
convince her it is good stuff.