(Hoomin note) Friend in Wisconsin needs help!

Old May 26th 04, 08:35 AM
Batson

Default (Hoomin note) Friend in Wisconsin needs help!

Hello cat lovers, I need your help!!!!

I have a friend in Oshkosh Wisconsin that is in a desperate situation. She
recently had to move her rescued animals from South Carolina to Oshkosh and
in a horrible turn of events, they were seized by the local Humane Society.
She has dedicated her life to these animals and intended to adopt most of
them out as soon as she was able. They also took her own personal pets as
well as some that were going to be adopted by her family members. The local
news cast was totally false, the animals were not all sick (as seen by
viewers on the newscast) and she is NOT an abuser in any way shape or form!
She sells things she makes for hoomins and cats on eBay and gives 100% to
take care of the dogs and cats she finds abandoned. This lady is the real
thing. She is honest and a true animal lover. She needs all the love and
support and any help we can give her. If there is anyone on this list or
anyone who knows anyone near there who can help in any way, please email me
directly. I am in Oregon so there is only so much I can do for her. I have
written to the Oshkosh Humane Society and the WBAY t.v. station telling them
about the integrity of this woman and berating the news station for not only
getting it wrong, but for not getting both sides of the story, but I guess
that's what they are all about anyway.

Please let me know as soon as you can if there is anyone out there in
Wisconsin who needs a just cause to support!

Thanks,

Renée in Oregon ^..^ with 4 cats purring hard for sumhoomin to help

Old May 28th 04, 09:33 PM
Mary Lu

Batson wrote in message
[...]

According to WBAY tv, the woman had 37 cats, 6 dogs, and a rabbit.
They also said that some of the animals were not in good shape. The
city of Oshkosh has a web site and it lists its ordinances but I could
not get into the section on animals. I hope it works out for her and
the animals.
Old June 8th 04, 09:18 AM
Batson

om...

Batson wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to be so long in getting back to you. As for what has been said about
the animals, the director of the Humane Society, Joni Gieger, has made
several false statements to the press. So far 20 cats have been killed by
them. They "supposedly" had Feline Leukemia, my friend had all of her
animals tested and vaccinated so that was a horrendous waste of the newly
donated funds they begged from the public and such a horrible thing to do to
healthy cats. Only a few had upper respiratory infections before they left
S.C. which was easily treatable with anti-biotics. The animals were left
with plenty of food and water in a temporary safe environment with plans the
NEXT day to get them to the promised homes awaiting them. The press saw a
story, the "Humane" Society saw a chance to get some $$$ so they slandered
and lied and killed innocent animals to get sympathy. The animals endured a
frightening 6 hour chase from the police and Humane Society workers to get
them into cages. My friend could have done it in 20 mins without scaring the
poor animals to death. There was no search warrant (illegal seizure????) and
the charges the D.A. wants to bring against my friend are all FALSE. She
will be getting a lawsuit together to sue several parties involved.
Personally I hope they all lose their jobs and get replaced with people who
are in this business for the care and welfare of animals and not for what
they can gain for themselves.
As you can tell even from as far away as Oregon, I am very involved in this.
There are several of my friends animals listed on the OAHS petfinder site.
Some of her family members have applications in to adopt the animals that
were supposed to be theirs in the first place. This whole thing is a huge
tragedy and in the end (besides my friends and her families broken hearts)
the animals are the ones who are suffering needlessly. The governor of
Wisconsin has been notified of this atrocity and hopefully he will do
something about it, though that's not too likely. I have written letters to
the Oshkosh Humane Society and the WBAY TV station. No response from either
one but I didn't expect it. At least they know not everyone believes their
lies.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and yes, I too hope everything works
out for the animals and their "former" owner.

Renée