Adopt This Great Cat!

Old June 27th 05, 09:58 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:24:15 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here. He has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be "re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him to
you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I will ask my sister if she is
interested. She rents the basement of my parent's rental home, so the
landlord is no problem. And I am already supplementing cat food and
litter while she looks for a second job.
--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 27th 05, 02:34 PM
Alison

"Mary" wrote in message
We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here.

He has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be

"re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him

you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you

are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

Mary,
Bless you for rethinking this. Lets see what happens. I will post
this to other newsgroups and forums .
Alison

Old June 27th 05, 03:18 PM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message
We have a gorgeous young male red tabby, neutered and vetted here. He has
been at the shelter a bit too long for comfort and will be "re-evaluated"
this Wednesday, June 29th. The shelter does euthanize cats.

We will not only pay his adoption fee but will find a way to get him to
you--if you can convince us that you can provide a good home to him.

He is in Orange County, California. It does not matter where you are.

Tell us why you would provide the best home for Conan!

I've been outta touch for a few days- litter of panleuk kits and a CRF
crash. I thought this was a done deal? What happened? I don't have time
to read all the posts.

Since he'll be coming from a shelter, if all else fails, we can take him and
find him a good home- but I'm on the East Coast which is a long flight. If
we can get him to Newark, Laguardia, JKF, or Teteboro Airports we'll pick
him up. He'll be safe and well taken care of for as long as it takes to find
him a good home.

As a last resort, we can transport him via a cross country relay.

Did you contact Sky Ark
http://www.skyark.org/

and

Flying Paws?
http://flyingpaws.org/information_on...ing_for_fl.htm

If you need to contact me, email me (topcat(at)maxshouse.com) I can't read
ng on my cell.

Phil

Old June 27th 05, 06:48 PM
Stacey

I posted this to the wrong thread. Here it goes again:

I have quietly been following this thread about Conan and saw he still needs a
home.

A good friend of mine recently lost her 17 year old maine coon mix to CRF. She
has another cat and didn't want to get another one, but she has noticed her
other cat has gotten lonely ans she misses a big cat to hold and cuddle. She
hasn't been quite ready to get another cat, but has been open to when it
happens. I told her about Conan and she asked me to send her the contact
information. IS Conan still available?

My friend lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. She owns her own home and has a
yard with fruit trees. She gave her cat with CRF the best of care and helped
him cross when he told her it was time.

Thank you,

Stacey

In article , Alison says...

Old June 27th 05, 07:22 PM

Hi Stacey,

Great. That could work out fine. Yes, I believe he is still available
and he could be flown up to the Bay Area easily enough.

Here's pictures of the kitty:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../P1010174a.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010153.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010147.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010142.jpg

I live in the Bay Area and I do some adoption counseling, so I could
certainly do a phone interview and report back to the group
so we'll know somebody has met the person.

She would need to decide quickly that she wants to do this and get in
touch (she can e-mail me, I guess), as have a quick deadline here.

Thanks!

Tracy

Old June 27th 05, 07:24 PM
Mary

"Stacey" wrote in message
I posted this to the wrong thread. Here it goes again:

I have quietly been following this thread about Conan and saw he still

needs a
home.

A good friend of mine recently lost her 17 year old maine coon mix to CRF.

She
has another cat and didn't want to get another one, but she has noticed

her
other cat has gotten lonely ans she misses a big cat to hold and cuddle.

She
hasn't been quite ready to get another cat, but has been open to when it
happens. I told her about Conan and she asked me to send her the contact
information. IS Conan still available?

He is, but I am not sure he is the cuddly type. He is a big, 14-pound boy
who is very athletic and loves to jump. Also, he is a "nipper," according to
the man who adopted him then returned him to the shelter when he got
a cold. Do you think your friend can handle or would want a cat that
tends to get a bit rough? If she had a Maine Coon, she is used to a big
cat, but does she want one that is not so much cuddly as ver active?

My friend lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. She owns her own home and

has a
yard with fruit trees. She gave her cat with CRF the best of care and

helped
him cross when he told her it was time.

Thank you,

Stacey

She sounds just lovely, Stacey. Let her know about the things I have
mentioned. Anyone who wants to can adopt this cat, but they have
to do it by the end of the day tomorrow, June 28th, as he is being
re-evaluated on the 29th and may then be euthanized. His information
has been posted here as far as the shelter where he is and his animal
number, but to make it easy you may email me and I will send it to
you to give to her if she thinks she wants him.

Thank you so much for trying to help us, Stacey.

Old June 27th 05, 07:26 PM
Wendy

"Stacey" wrote in message
[...]

I think you better check with Phillip (as much as I hate checking with him
for anything). I got the impression that Conan wasn't the snuggle-bug type.
If he's an independent sort then he might not be the best match for your
friend who is looking for a cat to "hold and cuddle". I may have the wrong
impression which is why I even mentioned good old Phillip.

Old June 27th 05, 07:36 PM
Stacey

Hi Mary,

I saw my friend yesterday and we were talking about her cat. She told me the
story about when his mother (who she owned) had him and he was old enough to
find a new home she adopted him out to an elderly lady. A few weeks later she
had to return him because he was treating her like another cat and climbing all
over her. I think she would be used to owning a rambunctious cat.

I will pass on the information to her though.

Stacey

In article , Mary says...

Old June 27th 05, 07:37 PM
Dan M

I live in the Bay Area and I do some adoption counseling, so I could
certainly do a phone interview and report back to the group
so we'll know somebody has met the person.

She would need to decide quickly that she wants to do this and get in
touch (she can e-mail me, I guess), as have a quick deadline here.

Thanks!

Tracy

And if air transport didn't work out I could drive Conan a hundred miles
or so towards SF if someone else could pick up the relay from there. I'd
just have to do so by Saturday.

Dan
Old June 27th 05, 07:46 PM
Mary

"Wendy" wrote in message
news

"Stacey" wrote in message
[...]

No, you're right, Wendy. Conan is one of those "all-boy" cats!

great..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 June 16th 05 08:00 AM
Otis and the Great Pyrennes Susan M Cat anecdotes 19 June 14th 05 03:55 PM
Great site for cat lovers The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 May 8th 05 10:13 AM
The Great Cockroach Caper CatNipped Cat anecdotes 59 April 22nd 05 01:47 AM
About to adopt a shelter Manx Meghan Cat health & behaviour 14 December 20th 03 05:51 PM