Pardon My Absence and Purrs to All (Mostly OT)

Old April 2nd 09, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Pardon My Absence and Purrs to All (Mostly OT)

My oldest brother and his girlfriend arrived Sunday morning to pick up the
furniture from [my] house after my mother's death. Things haven't exactly
gone smoothly. Let's just say I'd reserved a rental truck (think UHaul) but
when circumstances required me to put it off for a day they'd already rented
the truck I'd reserved. (No, I wasn't charged for it.) I was calling an
alledgedly National toll-free number. They found a truck some 250 miles
away for me to pick up (round trip)... you've got to be kidding me.

Long story short, I did find a different rental company (NO THANKS, I don't
need suggestions! It's Settled!). I can pick it up any time I want. They
know what the meaning of RESERVED is, unlike the other place. But because
the weather down here has been nuts (torrential rain) I don't know if that
will be tomorrow (I sincerely hope so) or Friday.

Poor Persia, of course, freaked out when they arrived on Sunday. She hid
under the bed. She ventured out a couple of times, as far as the living
room (which is right outside of my bedroom), only to dash back in. There
has been a lot of packing of dishes and tchotchkes going on which is quite
noisy. And my brother is taking the bedroom set Persia [I've] been sleeping
on since she got here last May.

This morning I moved the night stands out of the room, and a bench by the
windows. (I moved the cedar chest over by the windows so she can still get
up and look out.) The dressers are going. She was hunkered under the bed,
WTF is going on? I keep apologizing to her and talking to her soothingly.
This is soooo disrupting her life.

Just wait until we break down the bed she hides under. I'll have to shut
her in the bathroom. The bed from the other room and a night stand for a
lamp will (temporarily) be moved into my room until I go and get my own
furnishings. The poor kitty girl has a few more days of this to endure.

Purrs for everyone. I don't know when I'll get back online again.... maybe
next weekend.

Jill

Old April 2nd 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for Persia, and for you. I know this is even harder on you than it is
on Persia. Your life has already been considerably disrupted, and it
continues to be so. That means you have all your own stress, plus your
concern about Persia.

(((((((Jill))))))))

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 2nd 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

You sure have had a lot to bear, Jill - we'll be thinking of you and Persia
and sending soothing purrs. Hope things go smoothly and quickly so you can
get your lives back together again.
Christine

Old April 2nd 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Poor Persia. To her its just a major disruption of her domain with no
explanation. Not to mention I'm sure the whole procedure has made her
mommy a bit tense and not as reassuring as usual.

At least us humans have the advantage of knowing some things just have
to be got through to get them over with.

Won't Persia be amazed when some of your/her things arrive from
Tennessee?

Jo

Old April 2nd 09, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message
Poor Persia. To her its just a major disruption of her domain with no
explanation. Not to mention I'm sure the whole procedure has made her
mommy a bit tense and not as reassuring as usual.

At least us humans have the advantage of knowing some things just have to
be got through to get them over with.

Won't Persia be amazed when some of your/her things arrive from Tennessee?

Jo

She will indeed be surprised! She'll have her pyramid bed back (I was
so stupid not to think to bring it with me.) At least she won't have to be
boarded this time when I go away. My neighbor will be doing reciprocal cat
sitting

Jill

Old April 2nd 09, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Mega purrs for you and Persia to have a quiet life again.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 2nd 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Jofirey" wrote in message
Poor Persia. To her its just a major disruption of her domain with no
explanation. Not to mention I'm sure the whole procedure has made her
mommy a bit tense and not as reassuring as usual.

At least us humans have the advantage of knowing some things just have
to be got through to get them over with.

Won't Persia be amazed when some of your/her things arrive from
Tennessee?

Jo

She will indeed be surprised! She'll have her pyramid bed back (I
was so stupid not to think to bring it with me.) At least she won't
have to be boarded this time when I go away. My neighbor will be doing
reciprocal cat sitting

Jill

That's sweet - but since her cats go outside, please stress to her that
Persia is declawed (was that way when she chose to live with you), so
therefore she does not go outside. Period. Exclamation Point.

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old April 2nd 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

She knows! She also knows she'll never even see Persia. She'll see the
food bowl, the Drinkwell fountain (which I'll clean well before I leave) and
the litterbox. That's about the only evidence that I'm actually owned by
Persia

Jill

Old April 7th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

snip
Jill