Disturbing News

Old April 22nd 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Disturbing News

if we have to anser for that, i suspect you and i will live next door in the
after life... even if it is so true.

Lee
"outsider" wrote in message
. ..
"tanadashoes" wrote in

Thank you. I know I should have snipped this, but it bears repeating.
There is NO PROOF that Alan is harming those cats in any way. I met
Alan last year, when he knew that there was a limited time left for
Christy, and that person would NEVER harm her beloved friends. Please
either find proof and contact the authorities or stop maligning a
person's reputation. In other words, either put up or shut up.

Pam S.

I would hate to have to answer for all the times I told one of my cats
they
were retarded.

Old April 22nd 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

outsider wrote in
:

Oh S**t! You're bald??!

Kojak and Captain Picard had big female followings. Makes me want to go
shave my head.
Old April 22nd 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"TFM®"

"Jack Campin -
She didn't know she had it until they did her blood work at Mayo.
They found her liver enzymes were astronomically high. Then they
discovered she had hemochromatosis. She told me that they then
called her and told her that she had brought it on herself by
drinking. I don't know if that's the case or not.

It's an inexcusably vicious and misleading way to describe the
situation. Haemochromatosis is a genetic syndrome which is
worsened by alcohol, but at a level that would not be a problem
for most people. Since most folks with haemochromatosis don't
know they've got it, it's ridiculous to blame them if they drink.

Allen, you're welcome to stick around here if you want our friendship
and support.

There were times when she was scheduled to talk to her doctors that she
specifically requested that I not be present.

She told me she didn't want me to hear what they said.
I can only assume that she felt ashamed.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'll be as nice as the company allows me.

TFM®

I'll be nice. How are you holding up these days?
I know you're still grieving over her loss and if you need to talk,
I'm at .
And again, I apologize for the hardh words,
and judging you without knowing things. Yes, losing someone near and dear
to you can make you ..IDK the right word,,,
I sent Christy 2 get well cards to the hospital, don't know if she got them
and I asked
for your home address, caught major hell for that because I wanted you to
know how much Christy was loved and how much you are still cared about. You
don't know me from Adam, but I mean well, and get slapped alot for it, but I
get over it and go on.
It was a kitty card...did you get it or ...I guess it doesn't matter.
But the sentiment is still there.

Kyla

Old April 22nd 09, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default A few questions about Christy

"Cheryl"

Yeah, you did. You don't post much about yourself online here and
neither
do I. Thinking out of the box, as they say, there are many others in
this ng
who are very different from me, that way. I live mostly in the RL
dimension
and not in cyberspace...that's why I have trouble thinking of names on
a PC
as real live people....unless I communicate wth them using any of the
five
senses (forget smell and touch, LOL). I am not criticizing those who
are far
more into cyberlife and cyberfriends than I am..I am just not one of
them.
However...you don't have to be one to share the cat fanatic gene. To
quote
Merle H...."when you're runnin' down my kitties, hoss you're walkin'
on the
fightin' side of me" but you're a calm, logical thinker........

========================

Yeesh, I can't even quote your post correctly, but you seem to be looking
down your nose at a lot of people with that malformed paragraph. Just
curious, do you think that someone who posts more than you do lives in the
cyberworld, whatever that is?

No matter what you wrote here, you put down a
lot of people in at least 2, possibly 3 categories. Congrats. Death
sucks. It brings out the worst in people left behind.

Thank you Cheryl...I was thinking the same thing. She loves to look down
her nose at me, as a lot of others do as well, but, if they get too
annyoing, they just go into my Killfile.

Kyla.

Old April 22nd 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"TFM®" wrote in message
. com...

As it is, she did too little too late.

She was my best friend and my soul mate.
Whether she drank too much doesn't matter. She was the sweetest, kindest
person I've ever met. She would do anything for anyone. She always had
a smile and a kind word.

And yet here you are telling us her most private things. I don't get you.
If you're angry with her for speeding up her death, I think you need to go
talk with someone, face to face, like a therapist or support group. Then
again, maybe this is how you're dealing with her death. I sure know I was
angry with everyone and everything after my son died. I will just stop
reading the Christy posts for my own peace of mind. I hope you will too.
I'm also going to have to stop thinking about her cats because I can't do
anything about that either.

She shared a lot of things with this newsgroup and others.
I don't think I'm violating any of her wishes.

A lot of things got dragged out in some heated arguments on the other NG, so
what.

Am I tarnishing her memory? Certainly no more than her family did with the
memorial website.

One story that was repeated to me was the one of her mother saying,
"Christine Ann. You're so ugly. Your hair is so straight."

Yes, I know it's only one side of the story. But it was repeated to me with
such regularity that either it was true or she believed it was.

I met her mother and sister and father and brother. With the exception of
her father, they're all total assholes. They lived to put her down.

There's a reason her father left her mother in Wisconsin and moved to
Washington. Same reason Kili left Wisconsin and headed west.

Her mother is a bible thumping bitch.

I believe in God, I don't believe in religion or preaching.

I should end this rant now and just let this go.
Some of you folks have been really nice. Others I can forgive.
If you choose to hold a grudge, that's your problem, not mine.

--
Aloha Nui Loa,
TFM®

Old April 22nd 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

"Stormmee" wrote in message
ones own pain does NOT give permission to inflict pain on another, it
would be like me expecting you to send me money foor a better speech
reader just because i need a new one,.. no thanks, i will either work it
out or do without, your pain is no less valid,

Ones own pain sometimes blinds one to the pain of others.

TFM® - I'm not Confucius, but I try.

Old April 22nd 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

hopitus
On Apr 21, 5:59 pm, bastXXXe

I live mostly in the RL dimension and not in cyberspace...that's why
I have trouble thinking of names on a PC as real live people...

That's a problem a *lot* of people have online. It's easy to forget
that there's a real live human on the other end of your communication,
and just think of them as "a bunch of words on a screen". In fact, I
have sometimes heard people refer to online communications in exactly
that way: "Why are you getting so upset about the stuff you read on
that email thingie? It's just a bunch of words on a screen."

But it's not. A real person wrote those words. Just because we're using
a technology that's younger than we are to convey our messages, doesn't
mean it's not real. I'm mentioning the relative age because I think
that's what it's about for a lot of people. If they didn't grow up with
a certain way of communicating, there's something about it that always
seems artificial to them. They don't realize that the very things they
consider to be "real" forms of communication, eg, the telephone, were also
once new technologies, which caused the same amount of suspicion and
bemusement that online communication does now.

Did Merle Haggard really have a song about people running his cats over?
Or was that a paraphrase?

--
Joyce ^..^

No. A paraphrase by me. I would not attempt to explain Merle Haggard
to someone from Boston.

FYI, Joyce is not from Boston!
Besides, what's the matter with Boston, Mz Mile High?
Hi Joyce
Kyla

Old April 22nd 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"TFM®"

"tanadashoes"

"Yowie"
Having watched the two youtube videos,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFURD5dp_QU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCHIZQmiOY

all *I* see is two cats who seem to be enjoying the outside, and male
voice that seems to hold them in some affection.

Since when was it a crime to let cats outside? When was calling a cat
'Retard' considered abuse?

I know that two youtube videos is hardly the 'whole story' but there is
nothing in those videos to suggest that the owner of those cats is in
any way abusing or neglecting them. They look like healthy happy cats
that have a good relationship with the person behind the camera to me.

If folks have any concrete evidence that Alan is abusing and/or
neglecting the cats, then it needs to be reported to the authorities,
not posted about here. Despite personal opinions of him and his
character, posting to a public newsgroup implying he is an animal
abuser is innapropriate at best and libellious at worst.

Yowie

Thank you. I know I should have snipped this, but it bears repeating.
There is NO PROOF that Alan is harming those cats in any way. I met
Alan last year, when he knew that there was a limited time left for
Christy, and that person would NEVER harm her beloved friends. Please
either find proof and contact the authorities or stop maligning a
person's reputation. In other words, either put up or shut up.

Once again, thank you.

I have nothing but love for those little critters who own me (or at least
think they do)

TFM®

Yes, thank you Pam.
Alan, they probably give you a lot of comfort and laughs I'll bet.
That's what they're there for. I thought of you on your plane ride to
Maui with Christy's ashes

The worst trip of my life was from the funeral home back to our home.
I had her remains in the seat beside me with my hand on them the entire
time. I kept talking like she was actually there.

I talked to her when I was spreading her remains in the waters of Maui.

For lack of a better term, I'm crying like a bitch as I type this.
I loved her so much.

Whenever I come home from work these days, Puakea Makana (Gift of the pale
white flower) runs to meet me. Then comes Chloe, the retard.
Pua brought me a rather large lizard this afternoon, but Chloe saw fit to
take it.

It was a good thing. I'm not big on lizards.

Pronunciation key
Puakea = Poo ah kay ah
Makana = mah kah nah

--
Aloha Nui Loa,
TFM®

Old April 22nd 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Apr 21, 1:44*pm, wrote:

I have not to this day had the sllightest interest in what Kili died
of.
As a 30-year vet of hospital work, however, I have dear friends who
have died of alcoholism and know that they do not decide to "kill
themselves" by drinking themselves to death.

Hoppi,

I should have kept my mouth shut, I deleted 4 really crude messages to
Jill before I took an Ambien and lost my inhibitions and posted what I
did. I did not explain myself well when I did post. My mother died
of emphysema. She killed herself by smoking. As an intelligent woman
she made a decision to smoke knowing it would kill her. That's what I
meant by what I wrote and yes, if your friends were intelligent enough
to know that drinking can lead to liver degeneration then your friends
did make a decision to drink themselves to death. This decision is
different from the one my bipolar brother made when he sat in his car
and killed himself but not by much. I'm going back to lurking now, I
just wanted to clarify what I meant by what I said about making a
decision to kill oneself.

Julie