Cat brought home bird--what kind is it?

Old May 27th 05, 05:00 AM
223rem

Default Cat brought home bird--what kind is it?

Non-graphical pics this time

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

and

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird25px.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird37sd.jpg
Old May 27th 05, 05:29 AM
jacquie0

223rem wrote:
Non-graphical pics this time

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

and

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird25px.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird37sd.jpg

Is this the same cat that killed the baby bunnies?
Old May 27th 05, 05:47 AM
223rem

jacquie0 wrote:
223rem wrote:

Non-graphical pics this time

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

and

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird25px.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird37sd.jpg

Is this the same cat that killed the baby bunnies?

Yes. I apologize on her behalf.
Old May 27th 05, 09:20 AM
-L.

223rem wrote:
Non-graphical pics this time

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

and

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird25px.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird37sd.jpg

Hard to tell from the photographs. I see the facial stripes - are
there wing bars of any kind?

My guess would be a warbler or a finch but I can't tell without seeing
the bird first-hand and discerning if the color on the face is from
blood or is true coloring, size, etc.

-L.

Old May 27th 05, 01:31 PM
223rem

Niel Humphreys wrote:
"223rem" wrote in message

jacquie0 wrote:

223rem wrote:

Non-graphical pics this time

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

and

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird25px.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird37sd.jpg

Is this the same cat that killed the baby bunnies?

Yes. I apologize on her behalf.

Cool cat.

Having a cat helps you learn about the local wildlife!
Old May 27th 05, 01:46 PM
Victor Martinez

223rem wrote:
Non-graphical pics this time

Thanks!

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

A young starling?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 28th 05, 07:49 PM
Hopitus

Over the years, we've had "bird-hunters" (that was way back before we
decided not to let cats out) but they always finished off the "good eats"
before we got home and only something like bird feet would be on front
steps! However, when we lived in Bay Area, CA, my sister's cat, who lived
next door to us w/her, would purloin half-cooked BBQ meat off other tenants'
balcony grills and I would find it on my doormat when I came home from work
@ 8 am.....YinYang was providing for his extended family, although he would
never be delighted to have us hold him. Cats have strange logic.

equalizer wrote in message
On Fri, 27 May 2005 04:00:13 GMT, 223rem wrote:

Non-graphical pics this time

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

and

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird25px.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird37sd.jpg

It's a DeadBird. HTH.

eq

Old May 28th 05, 10:33 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Hopitus" wrote in message
Over the years, we've had "bird-hunters" (that was way back before we
decided not to let cats out) but they always finished off the "good eats"
before we got home and only something like bird feet would be on front
steps! However, when we lived in Bay Area, CA, my sister's cat, who lived
next door to us w/her, would purloin half-cooked BBQ meat off other
tenants' balcony grills and I would find it on my doormat when I came home
from work @ 8 am.....YinYang was providing for his extended family,
although he would never be delighted to have us hold him. Cats have
strange logic.

Who was it in here who posted about how their cat stole the neighbor's
Thanksgiving turkey? It was one of the funniest stories I've ever read. My
crew sticks to trying to feed me bugs. They love to watch bats at dusk, and
birds any time, even though magpies, mockingbirds, and such tease them
whenever they're in their kitty jail.

Pam S.

Old May 29th 05, 01:24 AM
L Sternn

On Fri, 27 May 2005 12:31:11 GMT, 223rem wrote:

Niel Humphreys wrote:
"223rem" wrote in message

jacquie0 wrote:

223rem wrote:

Non-graphical pics this time

http://img30.echo.cx/my.php?image=tunabird12gb.jpg

and

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird25px.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/my.php?image=bird37sd.jpg

Is this the same cat that killed the baby bunnies?

Yes. I apologize on her behalf.

Cool cat.

Having a cat helps you learn about the local wildlife!

Not to mention killing it.