Buster's precious

Old January 31st 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Buster's precious

Buster has a new toy, a plastic lid ring, which basically has the same
function as a milk jug ring, but being from a jar of cat treats, is
larger.

When I was opened the jar, I twisted it a bit so that it will "sit up"
when placed on the floor, instead of it laying flat. I intended it to
amuse the kitties for a few minutes, but I didn't think that Buster
would become so taken with it.

For the past week, Buster's been keeping me up at night playing hockey
with it. He also carries it wherever he goes, and sometimes cries and
whines at it for no apparent reason. Usually he'll just sleep cuddled
up next to it, so meatloaf in front of it, staring at the ring as
though communing with it.

This isn't the first plastic ring of this type I've tossed the cats,
but according to Buster, this one's special.
Old January 31st 10, 07:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Buster has a new toy, a plastic lid ring, which basically has the same
function as a milk jug ring, but being from a jar of cat treats, is
larger.

When I was opened the jar, I twisted it a bit so that it will "sit up"
when placed on the floor, instead of it laying flat. I intended it to
amuse the kitties for a few minutes, but I didn't think that Buster
would become so taken with it.

For the past week, Buster's been keeping me up at night playing hockey
with it. He also carries it wherever he goes, and sometimes cries and
whines at it for no apparent reason. Usually he'll just sleep cuddled
up next to it, so meatloaf in front of it, staring at the ring as
though communing with it.

This isn't the first plastic ring of this type I've tossed the cats,
but according to Buster, this one's special.

It sounds as though your subject line is spot on.

Joy

Old January 31st 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

In more ways than one. "Buster's" could be a possesive (which is how
I read it at first). This could earn him the nickname "Gollum". Or it
could be a contraction for "Buster is." And he is!

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
Old January 31st 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:

Joy wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

How astute of you! The kitties are very precious to me. I'm awfully
worshipful of them, and I can't even conceive of ever being without
them.
Old January 31st 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 31, 12:38*am, Takayuki wrote:
Buster has a new toy, a plastic lid ring, which basically has the same
function as a milk jug ring, but being from a jar of cat treats, is
larger.

When I was opened the jar, I twisted it a bit so that it will "sit up"
when placed on the floor, instead of it laying flat. *I intended it to
amuse the kitties for a few minutes, but I didn't think that Buster
would become so taken with it.

For the past week, Buster's been keeping me up at night playing hockey
with it. *He also carries it wherever he goes, and sometimes cries and
whines at it for no apparent reason. *Usually he'll just sleep cuddled
up next to it, so meatloaf in front of it, staring at the ring as
though communing with it.

This isn't the first plastic ring of this type I've tossed the cats,
but according to Buster, this one's special.

It is clearly the One Ring. Be prepared for an adventurous future.

--
Will in New Haven
Old January 31st 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
[...]

Rather than "One Ring to lead them all" this could be "One Ring to feed them
all", since it came off a jar of cat-treats

Jill

Old January 31st 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

[...]

On those occasions that Buster cannot be found, you can just figure that
he is wearing the Ring...

--
John F. Eldredge --

Old January 31st 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Will in New Haven wrote:
[...]

If it gets all chewed up, I'm going to toss it into the fires of Mount
Doom. That, or the trash.

It's actually more likely that he'll whap it under a bookshelf or
something and come whining "Lost, my precious is lost!"
Old January 31st 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"John F. Eldredge" wrote:

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:38:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Rather than "One Ring to lead them all" this could be "One Ring to feed
them all", since it came off a jar of cat-treats

Jill

On those occasions that Buster cannot be found, you can just figure that
he is wearing the Ring...

Hehe. He was hiding in plain sight with it before, meatloafing his
stripey self in the slitted sunlight filtering through the blinds,
making me almost step on him.
Old January 31st 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

"John F. Eldredge" wrote:

On those occasions that Buster cannot be found, you can just figure that
he is wearing the Ring...

Hehe. He was hiding in plain sight with it before, meatloafing his
stripey self in the slitted sunlight filtering through the blinds,
making me almost step on him.

Evolution at work...

Joyce

--
Hi, this is the Sylvia stress reduction hotline. At the sound of
the beep, repeat after me: "This week, let someone else strive for

TOO precious!! Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 2nd 06 08:59 PM
Precious cat just had kitties NEED ADVICE mljack04 Cat health & behaviour 9 November 8th 06 10:51 PM
Ping my Precious my Love! whitershadeofpale Cat health & behaviour 5 September 29th 05 09:33 PM
Ping My Precious, My Love daddypop Cat health & behaviour 8 June 14th 05 02:50 PM
Goodnight Astra, my precious little man The Mermaid Cat health & behaviour 6 September 14th 04 08:39 PM