Woodchuck under trailer

Old May 16th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Woodchuck under trailer

I've been filling chuck holes. Last couple days, I've filled three
tunnels under my trailer skirting. Two holes in the ground behind the
trailer.

Today there is a new hole. About 4 inch diameter. I ran the garden
hose into the hole, and turned on for about five minutes. No signs of
filling up. So, it must be a pretty big cavern.

Being in a trailer park, it's not legal to shoot. I called the park
office, and now I'm on the list to use the Havahart trap. They trap
and release.

Have checked out several web pages. They suggest coyote or fox urine
(and have some for sale) or various types of trap. All for sale.

Any cheap and easy answers come to mind?

Here is a typical picture I found on the web:

http://www.nps.gov/acad/flow/pix/woodchuck.jpg

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Old May 16th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Have checked out several web pages. They suggest coyote or fox urine
(and have some for sale) or various types of trap. All for sale.

Any cheap and easy answers come to mind?

Found a site that suggested rags soaked in ammonia.
http://www.livingwithwildlife.org/wi...woodchuck.html

Not sure what ammonia costs, but could vinegar work instead. At least
here there are large bottles of vinegar available (for pickling cucumber
for example) at fairly low costs. Not wine vinegar but vinegar made of
spirits, not sure if it's also called just vinegar...

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old May 16th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine K." wrote in
:

Not sure what ammonia costs, but could vinegar work instead. At least
here there are large bottles of vinegar available (for pickling
cucumber for example) at fairly low costs. Not wine vinegar but
vinegar made of spirits, not sure if it's also called just vinegar...

Ammonia might be even cheaper - they usually run about the same.

Chak

--
Our country has been hijacked by a bunch of religious nuts. But how easy
it was. That's a little scary.
Old May 16th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Any meat eater urine should work. You could try your own. I would suggest
peeing into a container and sprinkling it in the area.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

.

Old May 16th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ann wrote:
Any meat eater urine should work. You could try your own. I would suggest
peeing into a container and sprinkling it in the area.
Ann

Cat urine? He could chuck litter box offerings down the woodchucks
burrows...

Old May 16th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine K." wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Have checked out several web pages. They suggest coyote or fox urine
(and have some for sale) or various types of trap. All for sale.

Any cheap and easy answers come to mind?

Found a site that suggested rags soaked in ammonia.
http://www.livingwithwildlife.org/wi...woodchuck.html

Not sure what ammonia costs, but could vinegar work instead. At least here
there are large bottles of vinegar available (for pickling cucumber for
example) at fairly low costs. Not wine vinegar but vinegar made of
spirits, not sure if it's also called just vinegar...

Ammonia is also easy to find and reasonably priced. Just avoid the "sudsy"
variety.

Jo

Old May 16th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Chakolate wrote:

Ammonia might be even cheaper - they usually run about the same.

Chak

But then you'd probably have every cat in the neighborhood peeing there
as well. Have you ever noticed how much cat urine smells like juniper?

Pam S. who's allergic to juniper and hates the smell of it
Old May 16th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote:

Have you ever noticed how much cat urine smells like juniper?

Absolutely! To me, Juniper smells like cat pee would smell, if cat pee
smelled good.

Joyce
Old May 16th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine K." wrote in message

Found a site that suggested rags soaked in ammonia.
http://www.livingwithwildlife.org/wi...woodchuck.html

Not sure what ammonia costs, but could vinegar work instead. At least here
there are large bottles of vinegar available (for pickling cucumber for
example) at fairly low costs. Not wine vinegar but vinegar made of
spirits, not sure if it's also called just vinegar...

Do you mean white vinegar? Here they come in 4L jugs. I add vinegar
to my wash to acidify it as per my doctor's instruction for my sensitive
skin. You can also use it for cleaning, and unclog pipes together with
baking soda.
Very handy to have around.

Winnie

Old May 16th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Today there is a new hole. About 4 inch diameter. I ran the garden
hose into the hole, and turned on for about five minutes. No signs of
filling up. So, it must be a pretty big cavern.

It may be a mama having her her babies in there; pls keep that in mind if
you're considering trapping.