Anyone remember........................

Old December 5th 05, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Anyone remember........................

BlueBird ? Or maybe Cheryle ? Well, she sure remembers all of you !!!!!
I've got to admit that you are a pretty hard bunch of people to forget !!!!
And I mean that in a nice way in case anyone wonders. (BTW, before you
wonder if I've forgotten how to spell and stuff like that, my computer
crashed a while ago and the guy who got it back up and running........
Well, that's a long story. Let's just say that I no longer recognize my own
computer !!! One of the many things that were removed was my Spell Checker
!! So, sorry about all the typos.) I'm no longer able to get to the
computer very often any more. I keep hoping that will change and I'll be
back able to come play with all of you again. I'm not giving up on that
dream. I have two newsgroups that I hold dear and would like to be able to
stay in touch with. This one is at the top of that short list. (G)

I think that Joy probably kept you all up with the saga of Little Bit and
the fact that she lost her battle with Kidney Failure on Feb. 11th, 2005 at
about 8:15 AM She made it a year and 4 months longer than the vet ever
thought she could live !! In fact, after the fact he told me that when he
told me she would maybe make it 4-5 days it was a BIG stretch. He didn't
expect her to make it through the ride home and I only lived about 5 minutes
from his clinic. I put her on, according to instructions from my herbalist,
Tammy, the alternative meds. She made a remarkable turn around very quickly
too. Of course there were a lot of prayers that went up for that tiny
little cat !!!! God gave her back to me for that remarkable year and 4
months. We were always very bonded and close, but those last months were
even more so. I was so blessed to have that extra time with her to say good
bye. It took me a few weeks before I was able to even think about getting a
new kitten/cat. Grief for Little Bit just kind of over whelmed me. Thank
goodness with the help of God, a lot of special friends and the fact that
home is not home for me without a kitten or cat. I'd have 5-6 of them if I
were able. Instead God blessed me with a 10 week old feral cat who was
rescued by the Friends of Ferals here in Alabama. She went to a foster home
after being thrown away along with her brother at the tender age of only 2-3
weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was only due to God's protection that she
made it to be rescued. I'll tell you more about the amazing story of Shadow
if I'm able to stop in again in the near future. She is black as was Little
Bit, except she is totally black. No white or silver at all on her as most
black cats have. I wanted so to send you a picture of her, but I know you
don't do that here in this newsgroup. So I'll settle for just telling you
about her. It took her two days, I think or maybe less, for her to decide
that I was 'safe' and she climbed up into my lap. From that day to this she
has never stopped staying a close to me as she can get, even at night when
we sleep. Nor has she stopped making me laugh !!!!!! I've never had a cat
in all my years of having cats that played like she does...... almost 24/7
!!!!! She goes from one thing to another and plays with every single toy
I've ever bought over the years..... even those that none of the other cats
liked ! But naturally her very favorite toy is the FREE white plastic
strips that you tear off the top of plastic bottle of say orange juice. She
throws them all over the place and then proceedes to 'stalk' them !!!! You
know how dangerous a plastic tear strip can be ! LOL She is smart as a
whip too. She taught herself to 'fetch'. She will start out by throwing
the strip, stalk it and then bring it to me by laying it right at my feet.
She loves it best when we are in the bedroom (funny as Little Bit loved that
room the very best too). If I head even in the direction of the hall that
goes to my bedroom, she flies down the hall and into the bedroom, jumping
into the middle of the bed. She loves playing 'fetch' in there. She will
go at it for an hour, if I don't wear out. She runs and gets it, lays it
near me and I will 'shoot' it across the room flicking it kind of like boys
used to with marbles with the thumb and middle finger. You should see her
face when it lands on the dresser, inside the dirty clothes hamper etc.....
places either she can't get to or isn't supposed to go !!!!!!! Anyway, I've
jabbered long enough. Besides the pain is beginning to tell me to get back
to bed. On the subject of Shadow I could go on for hours and do when
allowed to do so. Sorry to carry on so.

There is so much that has happened since we last talked I'd never catch up.
I just needed to send a post to all of you to tell you how much I've missed
all of you. I especially want to tell all of you how you absolutely MAKE my
holidays with your cards and letters !!!!! You cover my walls and when I
have days like today when I start falling into the dark hole that the
holidays usually bring because they bring back the grief of losing my son -
I just look at my walls which tell me that I'm cared for by so very many
online friends !!!!!!. I miss him so during the holidays. Well, always,
but it's more so during the holidays which are supposed to be for families.
So I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing what you
special people do best....... you're supportive !!!!!! I'm blessed to be
even a small part of this newsgroup even though I can't get here any more.
Heck this message took 6-7 sittings before I finally got it done. Oh yes,
and please ignore the typos as I don't have my Spell Checker due to problems
beyond my control.

I wanted to tell all of you, no matter what holiday you are celebrating,
"Happy Holidays !! And may 2006 ( however can it be 2006 already ????) be
even better for all of you than 2005 was !!!!" Gotta
go...............................

Love ya,
Cheryle
aka BlueBird

Old December 5th 05, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I wanted to tell all of you, no matter what holiday you are celebrating,
"Happy Holidays !! And may 2006 ( however can it be 2006 already ????) be
even better for all of you than 2005 was !!!!" Gotta
go...............................

Love ya,
Cheryle
aka BlueBird

Bluebird, it's GREAT to hear from your again! We've been following closely
every report that Joy has relayed to us, and we all miss you.

We grieve with you for Little Bit, and it's absolutely wonderful that
you've got Shadow now. Please remember that we are all thinking about you
and sending our comforting purrs.

Dan
Old December 5th 05, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 01:12:39 -0600, "Bluebird"
wrote:

[...]

BlueBird -- so great to hear from you! I hope you can as more often
in 2006.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old December 5th 05, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bluebird" wrote in message
BlueBird ? Or maybe Cheryle ? Well, she sure remembers all of you !!!!!

Bluebird! Its so good to see you here! I was really sad to here about Little
Bit when she went to Rainbow Bridge. She was a fighter, and so are you! But
its also good to hear that Shadow was sent to look after you so quickly
after Little Bit left.

Your faith & love for life not to mention your dogged (or should that be
catted) determination not let things get you down is an inspiration.

*Hugs* & *Purrs*

Yowie

Old December 5th 05, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dear Cheryle, thank you so much for telling us about how you have been.
We have missed you, but we know you cannot stay long at the computer. So
the update you wrote is even more special. We are very happy to hear
your kitties are taking such good care of you.
We are sending lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for you to be able
to stay at the computer for a bit longer each day,
Polonca and Soncek

Bluebird wrote:

BlueBird ? Or maybe Cheryle ? Well, she sure remembers all of you !!!!!
I've got to admit that you are a pretty hard bunch of people to forget !!!!
And I mean that in a nice way in case anyone wonders. (BTW, before you
wonder if I've forgotten how to spell and stuff like that, my computer
crashed a while ago and the guy who got it back up and running........
Well, that's a long story. Let's just say that I no longer recognize my own
computer !!! One of the many things that were removed was my Spell Checker
!! So, sorry about all the typos.) I'm no longer able to get to the
computer very often any more. I keep hoping that will change and I'll be
back able to come play with all of you again. I'm not giving up on that
dream. I have two newsgroups that I hold dear and would like to be able to
stay in touch with. This one is at the top of that short list. (G)

snip

Old December 5th 05, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bluebird wrote:
snip
I wanted to tell all of you, no matter what holiday you are
celebrating, "Happy Holidays !! And may 2006 ( however can it be 2006
already ????) be even better for all of you than 2005 was !!!!" Gotta
go...............................

Love ya,
Cheryle
aka BlueBird

Hi, Bluebird, I'm glad you're still able to post occasionally. I'll be
mailing a card to you tomorrow, I hope you have a wonderfull 2006.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 5th 05, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon 05 Dec 2005 02:12:39a, Bluebird wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I wanted to tell all of you, no matter what holiday you are
celebrating, "Happy Holidays !! And may 2006 ( however can it be
2006 already ????) be even better for all of you than 2005 was
!!!!" Gotta go...............................

Happy holidays to you too! Thanks for the story about Shadow and
that's so amazing that LB did so well for so long on alternative
meds. I'd sure like to hear about her treatments some time!

Take care!

--
Cheryl
/another one, and now I can add another spelling of this name to the
Old December 6th 05, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

nice to hear from you and your new kitten!!! sorry about Little BIt :^( I'm
so glad she's sent you a new baby though....pictures please!!!!

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

"Bluebird" wrote in message
BlueBird ? Or maybe Cheryle ? Well, she sure remembers all of you !!!!!
I've got to admit that you are a pretty hard bunch of people to forget

!!!!

Old December 6th 05, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bluebird! Great to see you back again. Stay tuned when you can.
I'm so sorry about Little Bit but happy that Shadow found you. I know ya'll
make a happy "couple".
Take care!
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe