does your cat twitch while sleeping?

Old April 23rd 05, 10:07 PM
Karen

in article ,
at wrote on 4/23/05 3:47
PM:

SnooziCat
Sleepsack

What! is a SnooziCat Sleepsack?

Old April 23rd 05, 10:33 PM
Karen

in article .net, Diane L.
Schirf at wrote on 4/23/05 3:57 PM:

In article .com,
wrote:

y cats sleep in a SnooziCat
Sleepsack. It is great sleeping bag for cats.

I couldn't find this using Google. Can you post a link for it?

Also, I wanted to start a thread -- it'd be great if we could name some
of our favourite cat products. Most of the stuff I've bought I've
learned about through this group, and I'm always interested in seeing
what other people buy, especially online. (We have only a mom-and-pop
type pet store, and I don't drive.) Gives me ideas, and may give others
ideas, too.

I tell you what, it turns out the Panic Mouse is about as good as plunking a
kid in front of a TV set. Pearl will come bug me at night when I am grading
and can't take time to play. I turn that baby on and she is totally content.
She may play a bit but sometimes, she just sits and watches it. Seems
perfectly content for 1/2 to an hour. By then I can usually do some real
playing but even if we can't, she goes to bed peacefully. Both she and Sugar
play, play with it too. I bought it a long time ago, but Grant and Sugar
seemed not that impressed. I put it away for several years. I was going to
give it away, but it has become a prime entertainment toy, so it stays. If I
recall, at the time I bought it I had another interactive toy called the
Magic Wand or something like that that Sugar played with all the time. It
died finally though and they do not make them anymore, so she seems to enjoy
this in its place.

Of course, cat trees. Never bought a one they don't use.

Nip sticks are the best catnip toy I've ever bought. Last forever and the
cats adoere them. Wrestle witht he sausage ones.
http://www.fullcircleherb.com/default.html
Serious. Best ever toy.

Old April 24th 05, 07:17 AM
-L.

--
http://www.slywy.com/

I don't buy anything on-line, but
there are a few products I recommend...

Cat Dancer - the best all-around cat toy under $5.00
Precious Cat Cat Litter (http://www.preciouscat.com)
Groomax nail clippers

Most of my bedding I buy on clearance at discount stores or second-hand
at Goodwill (because in general they are softer and less expensive). I
often will take a wooden or coardboard box and line it with a fresh,
clean cushy blanket and inevitably, one of the cats claims it. But
Peewee is too big for most cat beds, and Mimi prefers a box, anyway.

I have sort of found what works for one cat may not for the next...

-L.

Old April 24th 05, 05:07 PM
-L.

Cathy Friedmann wrote:
1- Double-doored pet carriers - the kind w/ both front & top-loading

doors -
the top door makes it *much* easier to get a recalcitrant cat in &

out of
the carrier.

I second this. With that I would NOT recommend the soft-sided carrier
like the Sherpa. It is nearly impossible to get an upset cat into one,
and most people who work at vets' offices hate them for that reason.
Plus, they are nearly impossible to clean.

-L.

Old April 24th 05, 06:55 PM

Ditto. We have a Sherpa carrier and a hard-sided carrier, and one of
our two is a semi-feral wild cat who has defeated the efforts of
shelter workers and vet techs to case her when she doesn't want to be
cased. I have an EASIER time getting her into the Sherpa than any hard
case I've owned ....

Old April 24th 05, 11:07 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 23 Apr 2005 04:57:23p, Diane L. Schirf wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
thlink.net):

Also, I wanted to start a thread -- it'd be great if we could
name some of our favourite cat products. Most of the stuff I've
bought I've learned about through this group, and I'm always
interested in seeing what other people buy, especially online.
(We have only a mom-and-pop type pet store, and I don't drive.)
Gives me ideas, and may give others ideas, too.

Each of the below listings is from the cats POV. I'll list duds
that I've bought following favorite list.

Favorite cat furnitu
-Two large sturdy cats trees (one purchased online, one purchased
in a store)
-2 carpetted 2' tall covered condos (for scratching mostly, though
the kittens like playing inside of them, too)
-Various scratching posts and mini perches, including a post my dad
made years ago that I just have him recover from time to time
-Window perches that attach to the very slender window sills

Beds:
-We have many cat beds, but the most favorite are blankets folded
up on the bed, the couch, or just the floor

Toys:
-laser pointer - all time favorite interactive toy
-Play -n- squeak mice are the favorite play alone toy
-Felt micey toys that rattle (best if marinated in catnip)
-Socks filled with catnip
-Felt toys that don't even make a sound but are easy to fling
around (this surprised me as being such fun!)
-Turbo scratcher (a must!)
-Da Bird
-Crinkle toys (balls, a bird)
-ice cubes on the kitchen floor - the sound makes the kittens come
running the same way a can opener will other cats

Water dispenser:
-Drinkwell fountain - it sat unused for a while, but the kittens
love it and they've even gotten the older 2 to drink from it

The dud list:
-Cheese Mountain - purchased online, you can google it
-Panic mouse - though the kittens liked it and broke it. The older
cats didn't like it after a day
-The Drinkwell almost made it to this list until the kittens, now
its a must-have even though its hard to clean
-Remote control mouse - it doesn't work on carpets and my only non
carpetted floors are the kitchen and the bathrooms

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old April 25th 05, 01:59 AM
Karen

I have to add the Zoom Groom. Man, that thing works and the cats are sooooo
in nirvana when you use it.