After Family's Car Wreck, Cat Waits Week In Median & Is Rescued

Old February 12th 05, 03:03 AM
Robert Cohen

Default After Family's Car Wreck, Cat Waits Week In Median & Is Rescued

I saw a remarkable kitty story in the actual Atlanta newspaper last
week, but can't yet find it at their:

www.ajc.com

while here is a version i saw via google research at the free republic
forum:

copyrighted by the free republic 2005

"ATTENTION CATLOVERS: A lady caller to the Boortz show this morning
shared the following (I'm winging this from memory):
Her son was on the way to the Atlanta airport yesterday when he saw a
cat cringing in the median of the expressway. Traffic and weather would
not permit him to stop so he called Animal Control or the Humane
Society (I can't remember which) and was advised that since the cat did
not appear to him to be injured, they would not respond.

After arriving at the airport, the man persuaded someone to call and
report an injured cat in the freeway median. A response was promised.

Still concerned about the cat, the man later in the day called his mom
and asked her to drive down the freeway to see if the cat had been
picked up. It was still there.

The mom called the police and explained the situation. They went to the
site, retrieved the cat and reported back to the mom with a phone
number on the cat's collar.

The mom dialed the number several times but without an answer. That
evening a man called her and asked why she had been calling his pager
number. She explained and, after a long pause, the man--in
Colorado--told her what had happened. His wife who almost a week
earlier had been returning to Colorado from Florida had been involved
in a car wreck along the freeway. The family cat that had been in the
car could not be found after the wreck.

Now almost a week, lots of icy rain, several freezing nights and
thousands of passing cars later and thanks to a passing stranger who
cared about such things, a cold, wet and very frightened but patient
kitty is flying back to Colorado to be reunited with its family.

Neat story, huh?"

Old February 12th 05, 04:56 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Robert
Cohen at
wrote on 2/11/05 8:03 PM:

[...]

Wow. I'm so glad people cared.

Old February 12th 05, 10:55 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very glad to hear this story had a happy ending! Thanks for posting
it.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip His wife who almost a week

Old February 13th 05, 01:14 AM
hobbs

Neat story indeed! I'm crying my eyes out, I'd like to know WHY they
couldn't respond, even if the cat wasn't injured, it was in real and ever
present
danger of being injured or killed, I hope its owner was ok, I am so happy
for the poor kitty, that it is back homewith its loving family, I bet that
guy was surprised when he found out why the lady had been ringing him. And
brickbats to the society whichever it was, for not responding to a call for
help to a terrified animal in danger. Jean.P.

Old February 13th 05, 01:47 AM
Stormin Mormon

Restores my confidence in Hoomans. Wish all were as noble.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old February 13th 05, 02:09 AM
Christine Burel

Thank you for this story, Robert; so glad for the happy ending and the
people who took the time to care.
Christine

Old February 13th 05, 02:48 AM
Robert Cohen

Here's something additional I just recalled:

The Atlanta newspaper article--I now recall--also said that a couple of
(freight shipping?) employees of Delta Airlines paid for the
cat-in-cage flight to Colorado.

Old February 13th 05, 04:12 AM
Gabey8

God bless the man, his mom, the cat, AND the family that was reunited with
the cat.

It's so nice to read about a happy ending to a story like this.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old February 13th 05, 04:00 PM
Adrian

Robert Cohen wrote:
Here's something additional I just recalled:

The Atlanta newspaper article--I now recall--also said that a couple
of (freight shipping?) employees of Delta Airlines paid for the
cat-in-cage flight to Colorado.

There are more good people than bad in this world, it's just the bad get
more publicity. Those Delta Airlines employees have the satisfaction of
knowing they did the right thing.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.