Afghanis blame the U.S. for violent cats

Old August 14th 03, 01:59 AM
Gary

Default Afghanis blame the U.S. for violent cats

Afghanis blame the U.S. for violent cats

http://www.afghanistan.org/news_detail.asp?15997

Old August 14th 03, 08:46 PM
Ricky

In article , says...
Afghanis blame the U.S. for violent cats

http://www.afghanistan.org/news_detail.asp?15997

LOL! These people can't resist reminding us how utterly primitive they
are. With Canadian troops pouring into Afghanistan, we'll soon read that
their towns and villages are being attacked by vicious hordes of killer
beavers.

Ricky

Old August 15th 03, 06:15 PM
LeeAnne

Too funny - it reminded me of a story I saw on one of those Real TV type
shows where a town (in the UK I think) was being terrorized by a loose
lion -- people were petrified of it, people had seen it, big, nasty lion.
Turns out it was about a 20 lb house cat that was completely blonde/buff/tan
in color. It was funny to me since the 'lion' looked just like my Max.

LeeAnne

Old August 15th 03, 06:44 PM
Gary

LeeAnne wrote:

Too funny - it reminded me of a story I saw on one of those Real TV type
shows where a town (in the UK I think) was being terrorized by a loose
lion -- people were petrified of it, people had seen it, big, nasty lion.
Turns out it was about a 20 lb house cat that was completely blonde/buff/tan
in color. It was funny to me since the 'lion' looked just like my Max.

LeeAnne

I once worked in a small (exotic) pet shop in a small town. We had a baby bear.
It once got loose. By evening time, it had grown to a full size grizzly, and
there was a posse out hunting it. Meanwhile, any child could have walked off
with that little bear. )

Gary

Old August 17th 03, 06:43 PM
Smokey Stover

Gary wrote in message ...
LeeAnne wrote:

Too funny - it reminded me of a story I saw on one of those Real TV type
shows where a town (in the UK I think) was being terrorized by a loose
lion -- people were petrified of it, people had seen it, big, nasty lion.
Turns out it was about a 20 lb house cat that was completely blonde/buff/tan
in color. It was funny to me since the 'lion' looked just like my Max.

LeeAnne

I once worked in a small (exotic) pet shop in a small town. We had a baby bear.
It once got loose. By evening time, it had grown to a full size grizzly, and
there was a posse out hunting it. Meanwhile, any child could have walked off
with that little bear. )

Gary

It's funny all right, but wonder if it's a hoax. My searches for a town
called Qoochi turned up nothing except a bunch of newspapers that picked
up the story, even one in Japan!

Fact or fiction, it's a hoot.

Old August 18th 03, 03:03 AM
Gary

Smokey Stover wrote:

It's funny all right, but wonder if it's a hoax. My searches for a town
called Qoochi turned up nothing except a bunch of newspapers that picked
up the story, even one in Japan!

Fact or fiction, it's a hoot.

The song itself may not refer specifically to any one place, but it's a fairly well
known fact that *some* Asians eat cats and dogs.

I once worked in a small coastal town in Louisiana. The work I did involved a driver,
so we had a full week together. In this time, he related to me how the arrival of the
Vietnamese, within a year, caused them to have to close down their little animal
control department. The Vietnamese, it seems, had eaten every stray cat and dog they
could find, and within a year, there were none for the dog catcher to catch.

Gary