[Very OT] Measuring IR radiation density

Old June 21st 05, 06:53 AM
Yowie

Default [Very OT] Measuring IR radiation density

Ok, this is so *totally* off topic, but you never know if you don't ask, so
I'm asking.

Does anyone know where I can get an instrument that will measure the
infrared radiation density in the 0.8 to 1.5 micrometre wavelength band that
can measure up to 1.5 megawatts per square metre?

I don't expect anyone to know the answer, but heck, someone just might.

Yowie
(yes, its for work)

Old June 21st 05, 07:42 AM
Hopitus

Call a radiation physicist (local Universitiy or large hospital can refer
you) who can probably tell you where to buy such a dosimeter.

Old June 21st 05, 02:01 PM
Ted Davis

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:53:03 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

Ok, this is so *totally* off topic, but you never know if you don't ask, so
I'm asking.

Does anyone know where I can get an instrument that will measure the
infrared radiation density in the 0.8 to 1.5 micrometre wavelength band that
can measure up to 1.5 megawatts per square metre?

I don't expect anyone to know the answer, but heck, someone just might.

Yowie
(yes, its for work)

http://www.sphereoptics.com/ There are others, but there really
isn't enough information (or for that matter industry terminoligy - I
think you are asking about illuminance).

--
T.E.D. )
Old June 21st 05, 06:10 PM
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
Ok, this is so *totally* off topic, but you never know if you don't ask,
so
I'm asking.

Does anyone know where I can get an instrument that will measure the
infrared radiation density in the 0.8 to 1.5 micrometre wavelength band
that
can measure up to 1.5 megawatts per square metre?

I don't expect anyone to know the answer, but heck, someone just might.

Yowie
(yes, its for work)

swoon Yowie you are so brainy!
(sorry no use at all but had to say so)

Tweed

Old June 22nd 05, 03:11 AM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"Yowie" wrote in message
Ok, this is so *totally* off topic, but you never know if you don't ask,

so
I'm asking.

Does anyone know where I can get an instrument that will measure the
infrared radiation density in the 0.8 to 1.5 micrometre wavelength band

that
can measure up to 1.5 megawatts per square metre?

I don't expect anyone to know the answer, but heck, someone just might.

Yowie
(yes, its for work)

Yowie,

As soon as I read this post this afternoon, I called Joe hubby (who is out
of town right now). He is the northeast manager for a company who
manufacturers flow meters and gauges. Unfortunately, he doesn't do anything
nuclear/radiation related. His meters measure liquids, gas, air, etc.
However, if you still need help, ping me in here because he can find a rep
in your area to help you...

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau

Old June 22nd 05, 04:46 AM
pmendhall

"Yowie" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get an instrument that will measure the
infrared radiation density in the 0.8 to 1.5 micrometre wavelength band

that
can measure up to 1.5 megawatts per square metre?

If you try http://www.pyrometer.com, it looks like they may have the kind of
instruments you are looking for.

Phil, Diane's Hubby