Rusty going to TED, purrs please

Old February 13th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Rusty going to TED, purrs please

This morning I noticed Rusty walking around with his tail down.
I have never seen him like this over the years.
He seems out of sort. I patted him and he screamed
at me and bared his teeth when I touched his tail area.
He has never done that to me. So I called the vet and
get an appt. for this morning. Now I am really worried and
shaken. Don't know whether I can get him in his carrier in his
agitated state. Hope he doesn't scream his head off on the taxi ride
TED.

Please purr for us. Thanks

Winnie
Old February 13th 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Winnie wrote:
This morning I noticed Rusty walking around with his tail down.
I have never seen him like this over the years.
He seems out of sort. I patted him and he screamed
at me and bared his teeth when I touched his tail area.
He has never done that to me. So I called the vet and
get an appt. for this morning. Now I am really worried and
shaken. Don't know whether I can get him in his carrier in his
agitated state. Hope he doesn't scream his head off on the taxi ride
TED.

Please purr for us. Thanks

Winnie

Lots of purrs on the way for Rusty.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 13th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Hope everything works out for the very best and Rusty can be treated
quickly. Let us know.
Charleen

Old February 13th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

This morning I noticed Rusty walking around with his tail down.
I have never seen him like this over the years. He seems out
of sort. I patted him and he screamed at me and bared his teeth
when I touched his tail area. He has never done that to me. So
I called the vet and get an appt. for this morning.

That sounds exactly like my Zeke when he broke his tail near
the base. In the end all it needed was painkillers and it
healed in a few weeks. (It can sometimes be worse, so you
certainly do need to get him to the vet).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old February 13th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Feb 13, 9:39*am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

That sounds exactly like my Zeke when he broke his tail near
the base. *In the end all it needed was painkillers and it
healed in a few weeks. *(It can sometimes be worse, so you
certainly do need to get him to the vet).

How did he broke his tail? Was he put in a cast?
I am getting good at pilling Rusty. But I don't know if I can pill him
if he starts screaming at me.

I am wondering whether it is arthritis as Rusty is 14 going on 15
years old.
Rusty and I seem to share the same ailments and I have a bit of
arthritis.
I am leaving for the vet in about half an hour. The vet clinic is
closed on weekends
and Monday is a holiday so I don't want to wait.

Winnie
Old February 13th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Winnie" wrote in message
This morning I noticed Rusty walking around with his tail down.
I have never seen him like this over the years.
He seems out of sort. I patted him and he screamed
at me and bared his teeth when I touched his tail area.
He has never done that to me. So I called the vet and
get an appt. for this morning. Now I am really worried and
shaken. Don't know whether I can get him in his carrier in his
agitated state. Hope he doesn't scream his head off on the taxi ride
TED.

Please purr for us. Thanks

Winnie

Purrs on the way.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old February 13th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

[ tail hanging straight down, seems very painful around the base
of the spine ]
That sounds exactly like my Zeke when he broke his tail near
the base. *In the end all it needed was painkillers and it
healed in a few weeks. *(It can sometimes be worse, so you
certainly do need to get him to the vet).

How did he broke his tail? Was he put in a cast?

We never found out how. Trapped it in something maybe? There
were no other injuries.

It didn't need a cast, just the painkillers/anti-inflammatories.

He actually seemed to have more movement in his tail after it
healed than before it happened.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Old February 13th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Update: Rusty going to TED, purrs please

On Feb 13, 8:48*am, Winnie wrote:
This morning I noticed Rusty walking around with his tail down.
I have never seen him like this over the years.
He seems out of sort. I patted him and he screamed
at me and bared his teeth when I touched his tail area.
He has never done that to me. So I called the vet and
get an appt. for this morning. Now I am really worried and
shaken. Don't know whether I can get him in his carrier in his
agitated state. Hope he doesn't scream his head off on the taxi ride
TED.

Please purr for us. Thanks

Winnie

Just got back from TED. An X-ray was taken and there was no breakage
or
disc degeneration on the tail. TED thinks it is the soft tissue. He
felt the tail carefully and found one spot swollen. Anti-inflammatory
drops were prescribed. TED said
Rusty may vomit a bit from the anti-infommatories. Pooping may be a
bit painful from squatting.

Thanks for the purrs.

Winnie

Old February 13th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Winnie wrote:
On Feb 13, 8:48 am, Winnie wrote:
[...]

Glad it's not worse, still sending purrs for Rusty's recovery.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart