Moe is slipping away

Old December 19th 10, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
SJ

Default Moe is slipping away

wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:20:47 -0500, wrote:

Moe is a black shorthair, a rescue kitty of indeterminate age. He is
an adult, but not elderly. He has been sick for almost a year: runny
nose, sneezing, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, etc. We've spent a
fortune on vet bills and medications with no solid diagnosis. I spoke
to the vet yesterday and she said the only remaining option is a $400
sonogram, but she is reasonably sure that will only show intestinal
cancer, for which she has no treatment. We have reluctantly decided to
just keep him comfortable until the end.

Looks like today is the end. We let him go as long as he was able to
keep up his regular routine and didn't seem in pain. As of yesterday,
I marvelled that he was still on his feet, even still able to jump on
the counter. He is just skin and bones, no muscle at all. Today he is
down and unable to get up. I have a 3pm appointment with the vet to
help him on his way.

How wonderful for Moe to have had you as his helper and support.
No cat could ask for more. Condolences on your loss.. ... .
God bless you for having the courage to help Moe along the way.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Moe will have soared up to Heaven and will
be waiting for you at the end of the Rainbow Bridge........

Old December 19th 10, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
SJ

wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:20:47 -0500, wrote:
Looks like today is the end.

Old December 20th 10, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
barb

So sorry about Moe. I've been following this story as an owner of black
short hairs for many years. Their life spans are shorter than ours so that
we can take care of them their whole lives. Losing them is always a heart
break.

Barb