No cat has come for my vacancy yet

Old June 19th 12, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default No cat has come for my vacancy yet

I know for a fact that it should not be a black one.

I keep my cat food in my porch and Boyfie likes to accompany me to get it.
He can see out of it and there was a black cat strolling about his own
business over the road.
Boyfie immediately puffed up and was about to go out there and destroy. He
has never forgotten that black cat that bullied him, even though it has
moved away. OK KFC sorted it then, but no black cat can come near the house
now, since he is brave enough to fight for himself.
A poor little girlie black cat was just passing through the garden and he
jumped on her a while ago.
No black cats allowed here :-( which is a pity as I would quite like one.
Tweed

Old June 20th 12, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:25:39 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I know for a fact that it should not be a black one.

I keep my cat food in my porch and Boyfie likes to accompany me to get it.
He can see out of it and there was a black cat strolling about his own
business over the road.
Boyfie immediately puffed up and was about to go out there and destroy. He
has never forgotten that black cat that bullied him, even though it has
moved away. OK KFC sorted it then, but no black cat can come near the house
now, since he is brave enough to fight for himself.
A poor little girlie black cat was just passing through the garden and he
jumped on her a while ago.
No black cats allowed here :-( which is a pity as I would quite like one.
Tweed

I thought they went more by smell? My first two cats, Nico and Bushky,
were black. None since, except now Scooter is a true tuxedo cat so
he's mostly black. But we have at least three outdoor cats that are
black. Baby, who lives in a box on my stoop. Her mommy Jet (father
likey a pre-neutered Scooter). And Shave, who lives part-time with
Serene across the street. Plus a new reasonably skittish scrawny black
one that comes by irregularlry to check out the buffet.

Espy hisses at all of them from his perch by the window.
Old June 21st 12, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

I know for a fact that it should not be a black one.

I keep my cat food in my porch and Boyfie likes to accompany me to get it.
He can see out of it and there was a black cat strolling about his own
business over the road.
Boyfie immediately puffed up and was about to go out there and destroy.
He
has never forgotten that black cat that bullied him, even though it has
moved away. OK KFC sorted it then, but no black cat can come near the
house
now, since he is brave enough to fight for himself.
A poor little girlie black cat was just passing through the garden and he
jumped on her a while ago.
No black cats allowed here :-( which is a pity as I would quite like one.
Tweed

I thought they went more by smell?

Boyfie only has to see a black cat and he goes crazy, he had bad experience
with one. Which he has never forgotten and probably never will.

Old June 23rd 12, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

So much for some people saying cats don't remember things. I know they do.
And they hold grudges.

Jill

Old June 23rd 12, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
I know for a fact that it should not be a black one.

I keep my cat food in my porch and Boyfie likes to accompany me to get it.
He can see out of it and there was a black cat strolling about his own
business over the road.
Boyfie immediately puffed up and was about to go out there and destroy. He
has never forgotten that black cat that bullied him, even though it has
moved away. OK KFC sorted it then, but no black cat can come near the house
now, since he is brave enough to fight for himself.
A poor little girlie black cat was just passing through the garden and he
jumped on her a while ago.
No black cats allowed here :-( which is a pity as I would quite like one.

Are there rescue groups or classifieds you could check to adopt a friend
for Boyfie?
Old June 25th 12, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

He has not forgotten that black cat that made his life a misery and he holds
a grudge against any black cat he sees.
Any black cat he sees isn't the one that did it as he moved away but he
hates any black cat now.
Boyfie is usually kind about letting anycat go through his garden. but not
black ones, he will fight them and he is not a fighter normally.

Old June 25th 12, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

He has not forgotten that black cat that made his life a misery and he holds
a grudge against any black cat he sees.
Any black cat he sees isn't the one that did it as he moved away but he
hates any black cat now.
Boyfie is usually kind about letting anycat go through his garden. but not
black ones, he will fight them and he is not a fighter normally.

It's ironic, because his heroic defender was also a black cat. OK, a
tuxedo, but she was mostly black. (I often call Licky my "black cat"
even though he has some white.)

--
Joyce

"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene
Old June 27th 12, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

He has not forgotten that black cat that made his life a misery and he
holds
a grudge against any black cat he sees.
Any black cat he sees isn't the one that did it as he moved away but he
hates any black cat now.
Boyfie is usually kind about letting anycat go through his garden. but
not
black ones, he will fight them and he is not a fighter normally.

It's ironic, because his heroic defender was also a black cat. OK, a
tuxedo, but she was mostly black. (I often call Licky my "black cat"
even though he has some white.)

Yes, Kitty FC was mostly black, but he knows the difference. He worshipped
her but he knows a black cat that looks like Marley when he sees one and now
he is a big boy no cat that is totally black will set foot in his garden
otherwise *fight*
Boyfie is not a cat that will normally fight at all, he's quite a pacifist.
Marley picked on him really badly so unfortunately any black cat gets it.
Marley bullied him continually in his own garden and came in the house after
him. Luckily Kitty sorted that one out.
Marley has moved away now, but Boyfie does not know that. He truly hates
black cats. They are all Marley to him and now he can fight for himself,
instead of letting Kitty do it for him, just let a black cat step one paw on
his property. Fight.