missing cat

Old September 30th 03, 01:00 AM
Don

Default missing cat

Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially over
night. We just don't know what to do. We hope she will find her way
home. We live is a large development. Needless to say we are feeling
sick.

Old September 30th 03, 01:37 AM
LauraK

Some how my indoor cat got out today. We looked all over the
neighborhood and cant find her. She has never been out, especially over
night.

Are you sure she got out or can you just not find her in the house?
I panicked once after moving into a new house. I'd been in the yard and came
back and the screen door had blown open. My indoor-only cats, who had been
sitting by it, were no where to be seen. I called and searched and asked and
finally went home after a couple of hours. Went in and searched the house,
finally looking under the bed. There they were, huddled together in the middle,
apparently terrified that something would come in and get them.
Look again and look around the edges of the house, in shrubs, under things,
etc. Don't expect her to come to you if she's outside for the first time and
scared.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

Old September 30th 03, 01:50 AM
Don

All is well, she has returned. She was gone for about 5 hours. Came to
back door and started screaming.....We are so happy...........

Old September 30th 03, 07:08 AM
LauraK

All is well, she has returned. She was gone for about 5 hours. Came to
back door and started screaming.....We are so happy...........

So glad you found her! I love happy endings.

Old October 1st 03, 12:13 PM
Mary

The last time I did that my cat was hiding in my linen closet and
someone had shut her in. I hope you have just such a happy ending.

Old October 1st 03, 11:18 PM
Cheryl

In ,
m. L. Briggs composed with style:

Thank you so much! I think every cat owner would do well to read
this
story . It is heartbreaking when a pet gets lost.

I know! I was amazed by the story when it was first posted, too.
So many good suggestions were given, but the OPs trick was so original
and worked, to boot. lol

I wish I knew more about computers to find a story I would like to
re-read. Again, thank you. MLB

Google groups is pretty easy to use. http://groups.google.com and go
to "advanced search", put in the criteria the best you remember it and
if you remember the group it was originally posted in it helps narrow
down the results.

Old October 2nd 03, 05:40 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:18:17 -0400, "Cheryl"
wrote:

In ,
m. L. Briggs composed with style:

Thank you so much! I think every cat owner would do well to read
this
story . It is heartbreaking when a pet gets lost.

I know! I was amazed by the story when it was first posted, too.
So many good suggestions were given, but the OPs trick was so original
and worked, to boot. lol

I wish I knew more about computers to find a story I would like to
re-read. Again, thank you. MLB

Google groups is pretty easy to use. http://groups.google.com and go
to "advanced search", put in the criteria the best you remember it and
if you remember the group it was originally posted in it helps narrow
down the results.

Thanks again, I'll give it a try. MLB