Update on Rusty's eating

Old June 24th 05, 07:11 PM
W. Leong

Default Update on Rusty's eating

I had a hunch Rusty doesn't like his 'soup' so thin meaning I added
too much water to his food. Sure enough he ate his food
straight from the can when I offered it to him. I will give him some
extra water in an eye dropper. He normally get his water from
what I add to his food and hardly drinks.
What a relief. I was also concerned as I think his regular vet is on
vacation. I do have another vet who saw him once last Christmas. But I
rather Rusty sees the vet who has taken care of him for the last 10 years
and is very familiar with his history.
Another thing I am keenly
aware of is his current prescription food I/D is not for urinary
problems. He developed diarrhea from the last prescription food
for urinary crystals. Nothing helped till he switched to I/D and so
the vet said to stay on it.

Thanks for all the purrs. Really appreciate it.

Winnie

--
Winnie

Old June 24th 05, 07:49 PM
Karen

It's really most important that it is high quality (which that is) and the
water intake, so I wouldn't worry about the i/d. It really helped us when I
just put bowls of water around. The general consensus in my house is that
the BEST water dishes are in the bathroom, by the BIG window where they pass
or lay frequently and by the couch where I usually am.

Old June 25th 05, 03:21 AM
CatNipped

"W. Leong" wrote in message
I had a hunch Rusty doesn't like his 'soup' so thin meaning I added
too much water to his food. Sure enough he ate his food
straight from the can when I offered it to him.

I was going to say that to your earlier post - Bandit is the same way when I
try to add water to her food. I got a Drinkwell fountain to try to
encourage her to drink more, but she's still borderline on her labs. I'm
thinking of syringing her water too.

I will give him some
extra water in an eye dropper. He normally get his water from
what I add to his food and hardly drinks.
What a relief. I was also concerned as I think his regular vet is on
vacation. I do have another vet who saw him once last Christmas. But I
rather Rusty sees the vet who has taken care of him for the last 10 years
and is very familiar with his history.
Another thing I am keenly
aware of is his current prescription food I/D is not for urinary
problems. He developed diarrhea from the last prescription food
for urinary crystals. Nothing helped till he switched to I/D and so
the vet said to stay on it.

Thanks for all the purrs. Really appreciate it.

Winnie

Da nada! Thanks for your!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Winnie

Millie Update (was Post-spay not eating) Darkchild Cat health & behaviour 30 September 17th 04 02:26 AM
Cat not eating update Paul O. Cat health & behaviour 40 August 22nd 04 10:20 PM
Weeble & Fearsome Foursome update Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 27 June 14th 04 10:52 PM
Update on Mysti Aerlinn Cat anecdotes 7 March 11th 04 06:28 PM
Cat not eating wdo Cat health & behaviour 15 September 11th 03 05:36 AM