Poor Conan

Old June 16th 05, 08:45 PM

Thanks Pam, well that's awful, what's wrong with people. If there is
anything I could do I will help. People have to speak up and be the
voice of these animals. They are so innocent and much deserving of
life! I don't get society. It's nice to finally find a group of people
with good hearts and similiar mind set.
Sure wish I could save all the kitties and other animals!
Jacquie

Old June 16th 05, 08:51 PM
Phil P.

wrote in message
oups.com...

KellyH wrote:
"Mary" wrote
I have appointments. Can someone maybe email Philip then post
a note in the rescue group to see if there are any rescuers in LA
who could help with leg work if we provide money?

I Googled and found a post where Phillip said "Orange County Animal
Shelter". I can't find a shelter in CA with that exact name, but there

is
one called Orange County Animal Care Services that could be it. Here's
their website: http://www.ocpetinfo.com/
I looked through the cat list and couldn't find one that looked like

Conan.

--
-Kelly

Can you call them, then maybe e-mail Conan's picture to identify him?

I have a few calls into Rolling Rescue, Flying Paws and SkyArk to arrange
transportation. I'm also awaiting a call from the Orange County Humane
Society- which I think might be the shelter.

These are the only shelters in Orange County that I could find. Maybe calls
from a few of us will get Conan a reprieve and stay of execution until we
get the transportation arranged.

If we find the cat, perhaps group members that live in the area could hold
the cat until transport is arranged.

Animal Shelters - Dana Point

Animal Rescue Foundation of Dana Point

PO Box 756, Dana Point, CA 92629
949 240-2899

Animal Shelters - Huntington Beach

Orange County Humane Society
21632 Newland St, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
714 536-8480

Animal Shelters - Irvine

Irvine Animal Care Center
6443 Oak Canyon, Irvine, CA 92618
949 724-7740

Animal Shelters - Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach Animal Shelter
20612 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
949 497-3552

Animal Shelters - Newport Beach

National Cat Protection Society
6904 W. Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92663
949 650-1232

Newport Beach City Animal Control
870 Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, CA 92660
949 644-3717

Animal Shelters - Orange

Orange County Animal Control
561 City Drive South, Orange, CA 92668
714 935-6848

Animal Shelters - San Clemente

San Clemente Animal Shelter
535 Avinda Fabricante, San Clemente, CA 92672
949 492-1617

Animal Shelters - Seal Beach

Seal Beach Animal Care Center Est. 1986
1700 Adolfo Lopez Dr, Seal Beach, CA 90740
562 430-4993

Old June 16th 05, 08:55 PM
Philip

Wendy wrote:
Thank God all people aren't like that. We had a horrible time with
URIs with the really early litters of kittens this year. If their
adoptive people had been like this we'd have them all back by now. I
just saw one girl at the vet last weekend with one of my former
fosters. The poor baby had her eye infection flare back up from the
stress of moving to her new home. I don't see her new mommy resenting
having to vet her and from what I heard the love the little kitty is
giving back is more than making up for the vet visits.

Thank God not all cats deteriorate so dramatically starting the second day
home or ... you *would* be getting cats back for exchanges.

The new kitten is quite ball of energy. He's already relieved himself in
the litter box, eaten well, and is checking out the back alleys of every
appliance and piece of furniture in one end of the house. This one does
chortle and roll his rr's. Funny. Quite a vocabulary too.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...ty/Kitten1.jpg

Old June 16th 05, 09:08 PM
Phil P.

"Philip" wrote in message
ink.net...
Wendy wrote:
Thank God all people aren't like that. We had a horrible time with
URIs with the really early litters of kittens this year. If their
adoptive people had been like this we'd have them all back by now. I
just saw one girl at the vet last weekend with one of my former
fosters. The poor baby had her eye infection flare back up from the
stress of moving to her new home. I don't see her new mommy resenting
having to vet her and from what I heard the love the little kitty is
giving back is more than making up for the vet visits.

Thank God not all cats deteriorate so dramatically starting the second day
home or ... you *would* be getting cats back for exchanges.

The new kitten is quite ball of energy.

Why did you adopt a kitten when you have one foot in the grave and the other
on a banana peel? You'll probably be dead before the cat is neutered.

"Euthanasia candidates" like you should adopt older, senior cats that might
not outlive you- or didn't you think about anything but your own decrepit
self?

Old June 16th 05, 09:08 PM
Phil P.

"Philip" wrote in message news:83fse.5239

Both the wife and I have been on synthroid for about ten years. Typical

age
related hypothryroidism. Wife needs 225 mcg while mine is 125 mcg daily

keep TSH in range.

Now that's a pair of "euthanasia candidates" for you!

Old June 16th 05, 09:09 PM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1118948341.e87419fff9022a9716cc300049abd385@t eranews...

wrote in message
oups.com...

kitkatluna wrote:
Mary wrote:
"Diane" wrote in message

In article ,
"KellyH" wrote:

I wish Conan wasn't on the other side of the country or I would get

him

into

the shelter I'm with.

Does anyone know that this story is true, or could it be trolling?
--

It's true. I wish it were a troll. And the worst thing is, this

asshole
Philip does not even see anything wrong with what he has done.

Maybe there is a way the folks on this group could band together and

get
in touch with the shelter? Pay for his health care until he is better?
If Philip would be willing to let us get in touch with them, I'd be

more
than willing to spend some money to help Conan.

I would. That is a good idea. Like putting the proverbial money where
the mouth is. I wonder if the shelter would let us "sponsor" Conan
until he is adopted, and pay all his expenses.

We need to get the name of the shelter. Who can do that?

I'm working on it but I could use some help. See my previous post with the
list of shelters in Orange County.

Phil

Old June 16th 05, 09:17 PM
Steve G

Mary wrote:
"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

(...)

Can you get the name of the shelter?

So, Phillip, how's about it? You've nothing to lose by giving us the
name of the shelter, no skin off your nads if someone else adopts
Conan, yes?

I'm guessing http://www.ocpetinfo.com/shelter.htm may be the place
(similar returns policy - but maybe many shelters have similar policy?
- and right part of the country). I see that Kitkatluna has a similar
idea, too.

S.

Old June 16th 05, 09:49 PM
ceb

"Steve G" wrote in
oups.com:

So, Phillip, how's about it? You've nothing to lose by giving us the
name of the shelter, no skin off your nads if someone else adopts
Conan, yes?

Is there any reason to suspect that Phillip isn't a troll?

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old June 16th 05, 09:59 PM
kitkatluna

Phil P. wrote:
"Mary" wrote in message
news:1118948341.e87419fff9022a9716cc300049abd385@t eranews...

wrote in message
groups.com...

kitkatluna wrote:

Mary wrote:

"Diane" wrote in message

In article ,
"KellyH" wrote:

[...]

Have you called any yet? I would put in a few calls but I also dont want
to inundate any one shelter and end up ****ing them off.