Cat got scared and keeps attacking wife and other cat

Old February 7th 04, 07:15 PM
Cat Protector

I agree with the other posters. Don't put this cat to sleep simply because
of a small problem which can be easily solved.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"L.S." wrote in message
om...
We have to cats (tiki and bailey) and although they are indoor cats we
usually let them out in our fenced in backyard everyday. Two nights a
go both cats where out and we were sitting inside and we heard the
loudest scream we ever heard from a cat. We thought the cats were
being attacked by another cat or some animal and my wife kind of
panicked and run straight towards the noise (it was dark) and probably
scared the cats even more. She got bitten pretty bad in the hand and
scratched up all over. The smaller cat, Tiki, is fine but the bigger
one, bailey, a siamese (and something) female would not let us near
her. We had her in the bedroom for the night (I slept in there as
well) and she seemed to have calmed down, she slept next to me. The
next morning we let her out of the bedroom and she imediately attacked
the other cat while screaming like a banshee ( and this scream is like
nothing I ever heard before, much louder), the smaller cat is faster
and escaped on to the kitchen cabinetts. While our Siamese was chasing
the the smaller cat she sprayed pee and also defacated on the floor
and then hid in the bedroom.
At this point she's OK with me, very loving actually, but will get
bushy tail and start running towards my wife as soon as she sees her,
I had to shoo her away from my wife today with a broom. And she will
attack the other cat on sight. She's always been pretty social, always
hangs around where we are and observes the goings on. She may hiss
occasionally when she gets irritated (when I try to clip her nails)
but she has never been anywhere close to this,
she is like a different cat.
Anyway I feel that we cannot trust this cat anymore, my wife really
loves the smaller cat more, it's her baby who sleeps in her arm every
night.
So I will call the vet and spca tomorrow and get some advise but at
this point I don't know what to do except put her to sleep. It so
unfair because this behaviour was brought on by something external (we
do not even know what is was that attacked our cats in the yard) but
if we cannot trust her with the smaller cat (and ourselves) bailey may
have to go. I do not know if we could try to give her away when she
behaves like this.
Any advise?

Thanks / LS

Old February 7th 04, 07:19 PM
Cat Protector

You are a disgusting troll. You had your cat put down simply to shift the
blame to someone else. I think that is dispicable and so are you. What you
are doing is animal abuse and I hope you get nailed for it!

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"L.S." wrote in message
m...
I just have a hard time dealing with criticism and I had to release my
frustration somewhere. As I said we liked our other cat a lot more
anyway so
I do not really feel bad about it. Luckily we live somewhat in the
country side so I was able to take care of it myself without the vet.
Tomorrow we're going to the local shelter to get a new cat.

/LS

Old February 7th 04, 07:21 PM
Cat Protector

No Candace, just another troller who advocates killing cats so he can get
his kicks.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" wrote in message

Oh, I thought your cat was dead. Surprise, surprise.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye

other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old February 7th 04, 08:47 PM
Karen M.

Cheryl wrote:
Laura R. wrote in on 05
Feb 2004:

snicker Let me know how the vet responds. :-)

Will do. Grrr.. I still haven't had even a second to call. Work is
totally nuts right now. Barely time to go pee let alone make personal
calls. Glad this isn't a total emergency.

Must share. I think Bonnie's issue with Shadow is jealousy. I pay a lot
of attention to him, and while I pay a lot of attention to Shamrock and
Bonnie, I sort of dote on Shadow. I think it finally got to her because
tonight she climbed up on my lap for THE VERY FIRST TIME EVER. ) From a
little feral scared of everything, to a one year old now who has discovered
she likes the attention she gets sitting on my lap. I was so tickled that
she was sitting on my lap of her own free will that I almost burst out
laughing and probably would have scared her off.

Hurray for you Cheryl! You're such a good mommy!!!

Karen