Update - Hushpad, bad news

Old June 28th 04, 12:48 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
news:3fHDc.119185$eu.49874@attbi_s02...
Why, oh why, can't people follow directions?

Poor hushpad.

Old June 28th 04, 01:00 AM
Sherry

Sorry about Hushpad. He'll get a second chance, though. Sometimes it just
happens that way. There's a loving home out there somewhere for a great cat
like that.

Sherry

Old June 28th 04, 01:11 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:48:01 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"KellyH" wrote in message
Why, oh why, can't people follow directions?

Poor hushpad.

TuTu and I shall pray and purr for Hushpad to find a
peaceful loving home. MLB

Old June 28th 04, 02:23 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
Why, oh why, can't people follow directions?

Poor hushpad.

TuTu and I shall pray and purr for Hushpad to find a
peaceful loving home. MLB

Me too. I thought she was off to a good start, but I guess not. I hope this
time she might be with a foster parent who enjoys her affectionate nature.

Old June 28th 04, 03:03 AM

Kelly wrote:
I advised the people to keep them
separate at first, then do a gradual
introduction. Apparently, Hushpad
attacked the dog, gave him some nasty
scratches on his face. The little girl got in
the middle of it, and also was scratched.

I'm really sorry to hear this. The reality is that people just don't
seem to pay attention. I think that it's very important to not only give
people detailed instructions about doing introductions, but do it in
writing and go over it with them in person.
What is equally if not *more* important, is to make sure people
understand what can and often WILL happen if these instructions are
*not* followed, along with what to do if disaster strikes. I think often
we're so busy explaining what to do that we forget the importance of
telling people what NOT to do.

Whenever I help someone do an introduction, I always stress that it's
better to be safe than sorry, and moving too fast is generally a recipe
for disaster. I also explain that there are exceptions where
introductions happen quickly and without any problems, but they are
rare. Taking chances, rushing and ending up with a disaster is stupid
(and yes, I am blunt on that point), when simply being patient and
taking a couple of weeks to ensure things go smoothly is the sensible
thing to do and ensures better than good odds that you'll have success.

I also make sure people know to never, ever, ever get in the middle of a
fight, and to instead grab the nearest pillow, chair cushion, or
whatever and get it between the animals, then herd one away.

Even though this home didn't work out for Hushpad, I would like to think
of it as a blessing in disguise and believe it just means there is a
*better* home for her just around the corner.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing