Megan DOES Live in a 1-bedroom Apt. With 20-some cats.

Old June 16th 05, 12:48 AM
Philip

daddypop wrote:
wrote:
Steve wrote:
Again, no-one has provided words from 't
horses mouth as it were.

Don't explain nothing to these clowns.

Your dealing with hostile people who have missed their calling in
life.

They should take all this hostile energy and put it to BETTER use,
like the war against drugs, and rape, and crime...

you know, help build a better tommarrow.

I'd bet my last dollar that Mary would trade places with you in the
drop of a hat. She's just jealous because your doing what you imagined
youi wanted to do. Your having all the fun.

Don't you feel the least bit wrong, or anything like that.

If your house is small, I'm sure your already planning a larger place

Maybe an old farmhouse, converted into a rescue or something...
if that's what you want to do.

Mary should help you in this. Mary's got a computer, she has the power
to write grants and find the money that could help you in something
like this.

I doubt very seriously that Brian would lie about something like this.

Even if..Even if...your house was trashed and stinking, at least your
trying, and I'd rather have a cat live in a stink house, than wander
from garbage can to garbage can with his little belly swollen looking
for a crust of bread.

WHOA, pardner.

TRYING is *not* good enough.

You have to succeed otherwise ... you had better recognize early your
failing and then hand off to those who will succeed.

A case in point was some woman out in northern Los Angeles earlier this
year, caring for some 80+ cats in her *house* ... well intentioned but ...
FAILING to provide a healthy environment for so many cats.

Old June 16th 05, 12:51 AM
kitkatluna

Philip wrote:
daddypop wrote:

wrote:

Steve wrote:

[...]

Agreed. I just do not think that Megan is a hoarder. I *do* think that
25 cats or whatever is a lot. Too many? Not for me to decide. I've
looked at her pix though and they seem to be happy, playful kitties.
Just lots of them. I could never live like that. I'd probably die of an
asthma attack.

I digress...
Pam
Old June 16th 05, 12:57 AM
daddypop

Philip wrote:

WHOA, pardner.

TRYING is *not* good enough.

You have to succeed otherwise ... you had better recognize early your
failing and then hand off to those who will succeed.

A case in point was some woman out in northern Los Angeles earlier this
year, caring for some 80+ cats in her *house* ... well intentioned but ...
FAILING to provide a healthy environment for so many cats.

I had to goto court today, and because I hold a license in a particular
field, they considered me an expert; what I said was the law in their
eyes.
It made 100% difference for a lady paying or not paying a 12,000.00
note.

Megan has a certificate or license, this says she has gone forward to
her peers and said, look what I am doing.

This is besides the point, Mary is brilliant, she's creative, I just
believe she could help build her up, rather than use buzz words like,
borderline, and janitor.

Old June 16th 05, 01:08 AM

"Mary" wrote:

Yes, you're right. Most single women who clean houses for a living
live in large houses. Or four-bedroom apartments.

I better check what my house cleaner lives in - she sure charges
enough :-)

My previous cleaner quit the business so she and her husband could
open their fishing lodge which apparently was their lifetime dream.

-mhd
Old June 16th 05, 01:40 AM
Philip

daddypop wrote:
Philip wrote:

[...]

When I first started visiting this forum, Mary was my first kill file
occupant ... day 2. She is too volatile and abusive to trust much of
anything she says. In 7 years of using Usenet, I have NEVER killfiled so
many people in such a short time as here. I can find all the useful
information she has to offer elsewhere and without the abusive guff.

Old June 16th 05, 01:40 AM
Philip

kitkatluna wrote:
Philip wrote:
daddypop wrote:

wrote:

Steve wrote:

[...]

The true test of how many cats is enough is: Invite a neighbor in for
coffee. Watch their reaction to seeing the number of cats you have. Take
note of their reluctance to sit on anything upholstered. Watch their face
for wrinkled nose or flinching eyes.

I'm convinced many "cat people" have a high tolerance to kitty smells and
dander. When you are a cat fancier, it is really difficult to be objective
about the level of care you are providing.

Our house will be a one cat home again tomorrow. Conan's replacement comes
home for the first time.

Old June 16th 05, 01:43 AM
Justin L

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:40:28 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

snip
Our house will be a one cat home again tomorrow. Conan's replacement comes
home for the first time.

Wow, you gave up on him already?

That was fast.

Poor cat.
Old June 16th 05, 01:48 AM
daddypop

Philip wrote:

The true test of how many cats is enough is: Invite a neighbor in for
coffee. Watch their reaction to seeing the number of cats you have. Take
note of their reluctance to sit on anything upholstered. Watch their face
for wrinkled nose or flinching eyes.

I'm convinced many "cat people" have a high tolerance to kitty smells and
dander. When you are a cat fancier, it is really difficult to be objective
about the level of care you are providing.

Our house will be a one cat home again tomorrow. Conan's replacement comes
home for the first time.

I wonder what Noah would think about all this?

Congratulations on your forthcoming cat! I know you guys are excited.
(just don't lock your keys in the car)

Old June 16th 05, 01:57 AM
Phil P.

"Justin L" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:40:28 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

snip
Our house will be a one cat home again tomorrow. Conan's replacement

comes
home for the first time.

Wow, you gave up on him already?

That was fast.

Poor cat.

You shouldn't be surprised. He said disable cats are 'euthanasia
candidates'. When he adopted Conan, I said I hope the cat never gets sick
or else the cat is a gonner. Sure enough he 'returned' the cat because he
had a URI.

Phil