Adopt This Great Cat!

Old June 27th 05, 08:07 PM
Stacey

In article , Mary says...

"Wendy" wrote in message
news

"Stacey" wrote in message
I posted this to the wrong thread. Here it goes again:

I have quietly been following this thread about Conan and saw he still
needs a
home.

A good friend of mine recently lost her 17 year old maine coon mix to

CRF.
She
has another cat and didn't want to get another one, but she has noticed
her
other cat has gotten lonely ans she misses a big cat to hold and cuddle.
She
hasn't been quite ready to get another cat, but has been open to when it
happens. I told her about Conan and she asked me to send her the

contact
information. IS Conan still available?

My friend lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. She owns her own home and
has a
yard with fruit trees. She gave her cat with CRF the best of care and
helped
him cross when he told her it was time.

Thank you,

Stacey

I think you better check with Phillip (as much as I hate checking with him
for anything). I got the impression that Conan wasn't the snuggle-bug

type.
If he's an independent sort then he might not be the best match for your
friend who is looking for a cat to "hold and cuddle". I may have the wrong
impression which is why I even mentioned good old Phillip.

No, you're right, Wendy. Conan is one of those "all-boy" cats!

I emailed my friend the photos and called her to let her know they were waiting
for her. I told her about his personality too. I don't want to pressure her as
she still misses her cat, but she IS getting ready to think about getting
another one and definately wants a boy cat. I figured it was worth a shot to
let her know about Conan.

I hope this works out. If it doesn't would Dan still be able to foster him?

Stacey

Old June 27th 05, 08:10 PM
Philip

Wendy wrote:
"Stacey" wrote in message
[...]

Consider this: Conan never "nipped" me during 6 days of forced feeding,
2-3x's a day. He did bite me on the second day when I rolled him on his
back to trim his claws. But he didn't know or trust me enough on the second
day so ... I was as much at fault for testing him too soon. I have never
owned a cat who didn't take a nip at me on occaision. Comes with the turf.
Better than a scratch any day of the week, especially for an elderly person
(all of us have more fragile skin).

Speaking of nipping ... the kitten Omar has started to "play-fight" which
includes some nipping and holding onto my finger with his mouth. Cute
little baby teeth. While he's holding onto my finger, he'll start making
sounds from growling to yowling. Funnier than hell! :^D

Old June 27th 05, 08:10 PM
Philip

Dan M wrote:
I live in the Bay Area and I do some adoption counseling, so I could
certainly do a phone interview and report back to the group
so we'll know somebody has met the person.

She would need to decide quickly that she wants to do this and get in
touch (she can e-mail me, I guess), as have a quick deadline here.

Thanks!

Tracy

And if air transport didn't work out I could drive Conan a hundred
miles or so towards SF if someone else could pick up the relay from
there. I'd just have to do so by Saturday.

Dan

Oh fer gawdsake, Dan. It's 410 miles / 8 hrs drive time from OC Shelter to
downtown SFO. Come on ... you need a road trip. Get the Rescue Babes to
cover your gas money!

Old June 27th 05, 08:17 PM
Dan M

Oh fer gawdsake, Dan. It's 410 miles / 8 hrs drive time from OC Shelter to
downtown SFO. Come on ... you need a road trip. Get the Rescue Babes to
cover your gas money!

Actually, if it wasn't coming up on July 4th I'd love to do just that! I
love that drive, and would enjoy taking Conan for a road trip. If I
wasn't obligated to drive a truck full of fireworks out to Banning on
the 4th for my brother, I'd jump on the chance.

If the airlift doesn't work, I'll see about arranging a road trip after
the 4th.

Dan
Old June 27th 05, 08:32 PM

I sent an email to my sister last night, and got this reply.

********

Yes! What's the little guy's name? And do you now if he's indoor only
or what? Either way, yes! He's beautiful, I love marble kitties, and
of course since Booper, I love Orange Boys : ) ,what can I say.

Call me when you're up to give me the details.

Old June 27th 05, 08:37 PM
Dan M

I emailed my friend the photos and called her to let her know they were waiting
for her. I told her about his personality too. I don't want to pressure her as
she still misses her cat, but she IS getting ready to think about getting
another one and definately wants a boy cat. I figured it was worth a shot to
let her know about Conan.

I hope this works out. If it doesn't would Dan still be able to foster him?

Stacey

No, unfortunately I can't. I've got four more kitties than the landlord
allows, and my Harri kitten just got out of the hospital - I don't want
to expose her to the strain of a stranger kitty in her house.

I have contacted a local no-kill shelter, though, to see if they could
care for Conan for a few days. If the airlift doesn't work, I'm hoping
to move Conan into a local no-kill until we can arrange either a run to
SF or a local adoption.

Dan
Old June 27th 05, 08:43 PM
Philip

Stacey wrote:
Hi Mary,

I saw my friend yesterday and we were talking about her cat. She told
me the story about when his mother (who she owned) had him and he was
old enough to find a new home she adopted him out to an elderly lady.
A few weeks later she had to return him because he was treating her
like another cat and climbing all over her. I think she would be used
to owning a rambunctious cat.

I will pass on the information to her though.

Stacey

I would NOT call Conan a "rambunctious" cat. Now kitten Omar IS rambunctious
during the 06:00 and 19:00 crazies. Omar will reach out his paw, touch your
nose, and then ask "What's that?"

Old June 27th 05, 08:43 PM
Philip

Dan M wrote:
Oh fer gawdsake, Dan. It's 410 miles / 8 hrs drive time from OC
Shelter to downtown SFO. Come on ... you need a road trip. Get the
Rescue Babes to cover your gas money!

Actually, if it wasn't coming up on July 4th I'd love to do just that!
I love that drive, and would enjoy taking Conan for a road trip. If I
wasn't obligated to drive a truck full of fireworks out to Banning on
the 4th for my brother, I'd jump on the chance.

If the airlift doesn't work, I'll see about arranging a road trip after
the 4th.

Dan

Well, I can't do it on Wednesday (not that anyone asked me to) because I've
got a hot furniture move to Lake Havasu on Wednesday, 600+ round trip.

Old June 27th 05, 08:48 PM
Mary

"Stacey" wrote in message
In article , Mary says...

"Wendy" wrote in message
news

"Stacey" wrote in message
[...]

Dan can't foster him, as he has several cats and one is recuperating from an
illness now.

Old June 27th 05, 09:07 PM
Mary

From: "Mary"

IS Conan still available?

He is,

Does this mean that Charlie opted out (or was opted out)
of the adoption?

No. Charlie still wants him and Rhonda is still trying to find a
way to fly him. However, it seems someone (see thread "Mary S.
Misrepresented ..." above) called Katherine the shelter manager
and told her that Charlie is a monster, so Katherine may be
backing out of what she told me yesterday. I have a call in to
her now, she has my home and cell phone. So we will see.
The larger point is, anyone who walks in today can adopt
Conan. He has not been reserved or his adoption fee paid
yet because we have not been sure we could A) transport him
or B) find him a local home or foster home.

great..... Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 June 16th 05 08:00 AM
Otis and the Great Pyrennes Susan M Cat anecdotes 19 June 14th 05 03:55 PM
Great site for cat lovers The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 May 8th 05 10:13 AM
The Great Cockroach Caper CatNipped Cat anecdotes 59 April 22nd 05 01:47 AM
About to adopt a shelter Manx Meghan Cat health & behaviour 14 December 20th 03 06:51 PM