Willow has cancer :(

Old September 27th 05, 09:38 PM
M Elizabeth

Default Willow has cancer :(

The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which indicated
lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does not respond well
to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via Lucotran (?) an oral
drug. She will also be getting shots of Prednisone as the oral tablets
aren't helping incredibly well. Life expectancy is one to two years. I'm a
bit shattered right now.

Old September 27th 05, 09:51 PM
Christina Websell

"M Elizabeth" wrote in message
The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which indicated
lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does not respond
well
to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via Lucotran (?) an oral
drug. She will also be getting shots of Prednisone as the oral tablets
aren't helping incredibly well. Life expectancy is one to two years. I'm
bit shattered right now.

This is sad news, but you did suspect that something was seriously wrong,
didn't you? This is the time to make her remaining time count while she is
well. Do everything she likes, give her treats and yummy food, spoil her
and cuddle her.
I'm so sorry about the news, but in 1-2 years you can definitely make her
life happy.
[[[hugs]]]
Tweed

Old September 27th 05, 09:52 PM
CatNipped

"M Elizabeth" wrote in message
The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which indicated
lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does not respond

well
to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via Lucotran (?) an oral
drug. She will also be getting shots of Prednisone as the oral tablets
aren't helping incredibly well. Life expectancy is one to two years. I'm

bit shattered right now.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. We're sending mega purrs your way. I
wish there were something more I could do to comfort you.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 27th 05, 09:58 PM
M Elizabeth

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

I did, I did think there was something seriously wrong, but I had the slight
hope that it was something like IBD. Its just a shock to have it confirmed.

Old September 27th 05, 09:58 PM
Karen

On 2005-09-27 15:38:41 -0500, "M Elizabeth" said:

The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which indicated
lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does not respond well
to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via Lucotran (?) an oral
drug. She will also be getting shots of Prednisone as the oral tablets
aren't helping incredibly well. Life expectancy is one to two years. I'm a
bit shattered right now.

Oh I am SO sorry Purrs to both of you. I hope you can keep her
comfortable a long time. HUGS.

Old September 27th 05, 09:59 PM
M Elizabeth

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"M Elizabeth" wrote in message
The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which

indicated
lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does not respond

well
to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via Lucotran (?) an oral
drug. She will also be getting shots of Prednisone as the oral tablets
aren't helping incredibly well. Life expectancy is one to two years.

I'm
bit shattered right now.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. We're sending mega purrs your way. I
wish there were something more I could do to comfort you.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thanks for the purrs...just knowing this group is here and that everyone is
so supportive, is comforting.

Old September 27th 05, 10:13 PM
Shiral

I'm very sorry to hear that Willow is so ill, Elizabeth. Purrs to you
and your family and to Willow. It did sound as if there was a serius
problem somewhere, but I'm sorry it's the big C. Give Willow all the
love you can, she'll need it, poor dear.

Melissa

Old September 27th 05, 10:42 PM
Adrian

M Elizabeth wrote:
The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which
indicated lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does
not respond well to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via
Lucotran (?) an oral drug. She will also be getting shots of
Prednisone as the oral tablets aren't helping incredibly well. Life
expectancy is one to two years. I'm a bit shattered right now.

I'm so very sorry to hear that. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 27th 05, 10:42 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:38:41 -0400, "M Elizabeth"
yodeled:

The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which indicated
lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does not respond well
to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via Lucotran (?) an oral
drug. She will also be getting shots of Prednisone as the oral tablets
aren't helping incredibly well. Life expectancy is one to two years. I'm a
bit shattered right now.

I am so sorry. Peace and comfort for both of you.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 27th 05, 10:47 PM
Nan

wrote:

The biopsies of her stomach and small intestines came back which indicated
lymphoma in both areas. It is the type of cancer that does not respond well
to radiation therapy, but is better controlled via Lucotran (?) an oral
drug. She will also be getting shots of Prednisone as the oral tablets
aren't helping incredibly well. Life expectancy is one to two years. I'm a
bit shattered right now.

I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Willow.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the felinity felines

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.