How long can you keep opened canned food?

Old February 15th 06, 05:34 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default How long can you keep opened canned food?

"John Doe"

Seems you find trolls everywhere you go and at times start to act like them
when you get there ...

Old February 15th 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..

"John Doe"

Seems you find trolls everywhere you go and at times start to act like

them
when you get there ...

John is worse than a troll, he's an asshole with a capital "A."

Old February 15th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I only leave food out for an hour or so to get to room temperature or
zap in the microwave for 10 sec or less. I feed only 1/2 teaspoon at a
time per cat and dole it out for about 2 hours as they empty the bowls.
Evenings I give a full teaspoon. My cats have dry to graze on during
the day. Fresh water and clean bowls are a must and the food lives in
the fridge until feeding time. Transfer food to a plastic container
with a tight lid, don't leave in the can. Easier to zap that way as I
use stainless wet food bowls. Various flavors because they are easily
bored, but same brand name all the time to keep nutrition constant.
Try "Only Natural Pet" for the most complete foods.

Trolls are encouraged everytime someone attacks them, see Operant
Conditioning Principles.

Morgen the Cat Whisperer
a href="http://www.for-the-love-of-cats.com/"For the Love of Cats/a

Old February 15th 06, 06:03 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"AlexZ" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:

: Um. I assumed the OP meant in the refrigerator.

Well, my question was in three parts-

"How long can I keep opened canned food if it is:
1. Left in a plate for her to eat? (apartment temp 60 deg F)

Well, what if you left some meat out on the table that you had cooked?
How long would you feel safe eating it? A couple of hours? All day?

2. In a tightly closed can in the room? (apartment temp 60 deg F)

Why would you do this if you have a refrigerator?

3. In a tightly closed can in the refrigerator?"

Two days, max. Don't take chances with your cat. Ever
eat spoiled food? One time I did, as my CAT had knocked
the refrigerator cord out of the outlet and I was busy and did
not notice. Anyway, if you ever eat spoiled food you will learn
not to take any chances. Just don't take any chances!

Old February 15th 06, 06:28 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" wrote in message

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..

"John Doe"

Seems you find trolls everywhere you go and at times start to act like

them
when you get there ...

John is worse than a troll, he's an asshole with a capital "A."

He is a ****ing asshole that followed me over to a non cat group and posted
I was a troll

Old February 15th 06, 06:28 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"John Doe"
ASSHOLE AND A STALKER

Old February 15th 06, 06:29 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"John Doe"

CAREFUL HE IS A STALKER

Old February 15th 06, 06:47 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"John Doe"

STALKER AND A TROLL BEWARE FOLLOWS YOU TO OTHER GROUPS AND INSULTS THEM AND
POST BS ABOUT THEM

HE NEEDS A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE

Old February 15th 06, 07:07 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NMR" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..

"John Doe"

Seems you find trolls everywhere you go and at times start to act like

them
when you get there ...

John is worse than a troll, he's an asshole with a capital "A."

He is a ****ing asshole that followed me over to a non cat group and

posted
I was a troll

"****ing asshole" works for me. If I were the netcopping type I might
complain to his ISP if I were you. [If I were you and if you were the
netcopping type ... you know what I mean.]