Brando is Home

Old June 3rd 05, 08:23 PM

Default Brando is Home

Getting him in at 8:30 am was impossible for me, but DH was going to
be up anyway. I kept waking up, though, to make sure he got out in
time to catch the bus. Then, of course, I couldn't sleep from
worrying about Brando. Needless to say, I got very little sleep
yesterday.

DH got him there fine. I got up about 11:00 or so and called to vet's
to see how he was doing. They hadn't even started the dental yet!
Arggghhh! I had to wait several more hours to find out if he was
okay.

I had to go see my pulmonologist, requiring a difficult timing and
three different buses. I was late, of course. I asked the
receptionist if there was a phone I could use, because my cat was
undergoing surgery and I needed to know if he was okay. "Yeah," she
snarled. "There's a pay phone down in the lobby." Thanks *so* much.
So I told her I would be back, took the elevator back down 11 floors
(which took forever), and asked the woman at the information desk
about a phone, explaining what was going on. She was kind enough to
let me use their courtesy phone rather than the pay phone.

He was just waking up when I called, but had done fine. He had to
have five teeth removed, poor guy.

I saw the nurse for the pulmonologist, and basically broke down. All
these things that have been going on, all this stress -- it's just too
much. And there are things I haven't even posted about here as well.
She was very kind and gave me some resources, and even a hug. The
pulmonologist, Dr. Allen, joked that he would *not* argue with me
right now about quitting smoking, given all the stress. "We'll save
that argument for another time," he said. My lungs are doing okay, or
as okay as they can be with emphysema/asthma/chronic
bronchitis/COPD/whatever they want to call it.

Trying to get back to the vet clinic in time to pick up Brando after
this was a logistical nightmare, and I found I couldn't really connect
with Richard (who has to carry the Big Guy, as he's a bit too heavy
for me), so I went straight to the clinic and called DH from there.
He made it just as I was checking out.

The bill just about gave me a heart attack. I am going to have to
write them a series of post-dated checks. It was over $200, and
that's just for all the dental work stuff, not counting the pre-dental
bloodwork and all that, which has been paid.

Brando was growling when they brought him out. Hehe. Had to giggle a
little, remembering my former feral growling frequently when I first
got him. He was *not* a happy camper, although they said he had been
very good.

We got him home, and picked up some KFC on the way. Gave a little to
Brando as a treat for his ordeal, but the poor guy's gums were still
so tender, he had trouble eating it. Didn't want to eat his lunch or
dinner either :-( I'm hoping he feels better today, and hasn't
associated food with pain too much to want to eat.

I have to give him liquid antibiotics for the next six days. He is
not a happy camper about that, but I got the first dose in him today.
I woke up when DH left earlier, and he told me Brando was hiding from
him. Poor cat was afraid Richard would toss him in a carrier again
and have horrible things done to him at that horrible place! lol.

Anyway, he is/will be fine, and I thank all of you for your purrs and
caring.

Ginger-lyn
relieved

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old June 3rd 05, 09:25 PM
Irulan

Glad to hear that Brando did ok at the vet's. More purrs and prayers for him
and for you.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 3rd 05, 09:42 PM
O J

Ginger-lyn wrote:

--------------------snip---------------------
Anyway, he is/will be fine, and I thank all of you for your purrs and
caring.

Aww! Poor little guy! I sure wouldn't like four teeth pulled in one
day. Purrs for Brando and for you too.

--
Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old June 3rd 05, 11:11 PM
polonca12000

Lots and lots of healing purrs for Brando and best wishes for you,
Ginger-lyn,
--
Polonca & Soncek

wrote in message
[...]

I saw the nurse for the pulmonologist, and basically broke down. snip