Om mani padmeow!

Old June 3rd 05, 03:38 PM
Singh

Default Om mani padmeow!

I started taking yoga classes in an attempt to relieve stress and secure
spiritual guidance, as well as to learn to focus; meditating is hard for a
person with ADHD, I think, and I have the attention span of a gnat! So I was
given a series of physical exercises, and a set of meditations and mantras
to repeat.

Now, I expected Roxie to get into this. She has always been quiet and
meditative. But yesterday morning, who do I find at my lotus-positioned
feet, eyes half-closed and purring away? STOSH!

The last one I expected, my little juvenile delinquent who likes hard
physical play, whom I call Ritalin-challenged! He was even in something of a
lotus position himself, with his front paws curled under him and crossing.
Louie's not surprised. There is a Sikh scripture which says that the richest
emperor decked out in gems and riding mighty elephants, who go about
forgetting God, are not equal to an ant who in its mind never forgets God.
So it is taught that the animals actually have it over us; in learning to be
rational, humans have lost the ability to remember the Divine and that it is
our duty (dharma) in this lifetime to realize and remember God/dess. Louie
just says that his purring was Naam Simran, a kind of mantra-meditation
where the name of God is repeated; and in cats, it's pronounced Purr.

No wonder everyone says that purring works wonders.

Blessed be,
Baha

--

Three thousand years ago,
cats were deified in ancient Egypt.

Old June 3rd 05, 03:45 PM
Mognusticat

Great post - great tag line. Love it.

Hope the yoga goes well.

Mind if I borrow your tag line at some point for cat's mogular diary?

Mognusticat.

http://mogular.blogspot.com (Cat's Mogular Diary)

Old June 3rd 05, 05:30 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:38:23 -0400, "Singh"
yodeled:

[...]

Stinky just does it to show me he can do it better.

Theresa
Old June 3rd 05, 11:04 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for you to feel much calmer and less stressed,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Singh" wrote in message
I started taking yoga classes in an attempt to relieve stress and secure
spiritual guidance, as well as to learn to focus; meditating is hard for a
person with ADHD, I think, and I have the attention span of a gnat! So I

was
given a series of physical exercises, and a set of meditations and mantras
to repeat.

Now, I expected Roxie to get into this. She has always been quiet and
meditative. But yesterday morning, who do I find at my lotus-positioned
feet, eyes half-closed and purring away? STOSH!

snip

Old June 4th 05, 03:11 AM
Singh

You are welcome to the Kitty Mantra. After all, who says you have to be
human to become a Bodhisattva?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 4th 05, 03:13 AM
Singh

That's the problem. I KNOW Stosh can do it better. Not only do I have the
attention span of a gnat, but the flexibility of a railroad tie!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 4th 05, 04:11 AM
Enfilade

I am also doing regular meditation now and I find it almost impossible
to empty my constantly-whirring stimulant-craving mind. Smokey,
however, can focus for hours on such mantras as:

woooOoooowwww rrrooooOooooofff

mmmmmmmmfoooooood

and

cooooooouchsoooooft