Moving on

Old June 2nd 05, 06:19 AM
Marina

Susan M wrote:

Congratulations on finding such a good flat Marina. It sounds like it will
be a good fresh start for you and the cats.

I forgot to mention that the layout is very good for sequestering cats,
too. I can shut the door between two units, one consisting of the
bedroom, bathroom and a small sauna, and the other consisting of the
living room and kitechenette. If I get Miranda a little friend in
autumn, and they tend to get too rambunctious for Frank, i can separate
them for when I go to work. Frank spends most of his time on the bed,
anyway, and with the bathroom and sauna, he shouldn't feel to
claustrofobic. The door to the garden is in the bedroom, but if I want
to let the cats in the other unit outside, I can open a window.

Thinking of new advantages with this flat all the time. )

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 2nd 05, 08:07 AM
badwilson

Marina wrote:
Susan M wrote:

[...]

The flat has it's own sauna! Wow, that's so cool, so...Finnish! ;-)
Here in Thailand a sauna would be superfluous, all I have to do to
sweat is step outside, but I could imagine having one would be a great
thing in a cold Finnish winter.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old June 2nd 05, 12:14 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
bedroom, bathroom and a small sauna, and the other consisting of the

You have a sauna!?!?!?! Awesome!

living room and kitechenette. If I get Miranda a little friend in
autumn, and they tend to get too rambunctious for Frank, i can separate

Already thinking of expanding the tribe, huh? ;-)

Thinking of new advantages with this flat all the time. )

That's a great attitude!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 3rd 05, 05:48 PM
Marina

badwilson wrote:

The flat has it's own sauna! Wow, that's so cool, so...Finnish! ;-)
Here in Thailand a sauna would be superfluous, all I have to do to
sweat is step outside, but I could imagine having one would be a great
thing in a cold Finnish winter.

They tend to build in a small sauna in many new flats these days (this
building is only a couple of years old). Too bad I can't use it, though,
because something (my blood pressure) in my system doesn't agree with
sauna baths. I haven't enjoyed a sauna bath since I was a kid. However,
I'm planning to keep the litterboxes in the sauna, so it won't be a
complete waste of space. ) It's also good to hang clothes to dry in.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 3rd 05, 07:41 PM
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:

Marina wrote:

bedroom, bathroom and a small sauna, and the other consisting of the

You have a sauna!?!?!?! Awesome!

A very small one, and electric at that (every Finn knows that *real*
saunas are heated with a wood fire .

living room and kitechenette. If I get Miranda a little friend in
autumn, and they tend to get too rambunctious for Frank, i can separate

Already thinking of expanding the tribe, huh? ;-)

Just to keep Miranda out of Frank's hair, now that Nikki is no longer
here as a buffer between them.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 4th 05, 04:20 AM
Enfilade

I missed the original thread about Nikki's passing, so here I will
offer my condolences and bright blessings.

When I was younger, I had a dog who died of multiple strokes. Her
decline and death took place over a month-long period, including a day
of semiconsciousness on a bed of hay. But this period was brief next
to the years we shared together. This is what you must focus on--the
love you had as a family, the good times you shared.

--Fil

Old June 4th 05, 05:53 AM
Marina

Enfilade wrote:

I missed the original thread about Nikki's passing, so here I will
offer my condolences and bright blessings.

When I was younger, I had a dog who died of multiple strokes. Her
decline and death took place over a month-long period, including a day
of semiconsciousness on a bed of hay. But this period was brief next
to the years we shared together. This is what you must focus on--the
love you had as a family, the good times you shared.

Thank you, Fil, and everyone else who I haven't thanked yet. I'm sorry
to have to give blanket thanks like this, but there were so many of you
who offered your condolences. You've all been so wonderful.

It was so sudden, I can't quite get my head around it yet. Sometimes I
wake up in the morning and think it was just a dream, and she'll soon
come plodding into the bedroom to see if I'm awake. I don't think I've
quite realised yet that she really is gone for good. I wish I'd been
there to see her go. Maybe I could believe it then.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.