HRFL takes exception to the dross on TV

Old June 1st 05, 11:41 PM
SuzQ

Purrs for your cablebox.
==================================

Our TV junkie cats are currently watching the third season of B-5 with
Rob,
and love the Star Gate series.

Pam S. who is owned by a bunch of Sci-Fi loving felines
======================================
Is B5 out on on DVD?
Suz&Spicey

Old June 2nd 05, 01:10 AM
Yowie

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
link.net...

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:3834c88558a337637040377136b0b11d.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
HRFL Tiger peed on the TV cable box and blew it up last week, so I have
been arguing with NTL to sort it out since. Eventually after much
ranting down the phone, the engineer came out and replaced it, but not
before HRFL sprayed the engineer and the new cable box. Sigh

I think Tiger is trying to tell me something about my TV viewing habits.
I know that Stargate SG1 is not everyones cup of tea, but really!

Our TV junkie cats are currently watching the third season of B-5 with

Rob,
and love the Star Gate series.

I *still* haven't seen the last episode of B5. I missed the original one
because the TV station mucked around hte times so the programming ont he VCR
didn't catch it, and every time its been on since, I've been busy, have
forgotten, or was unaware it was on until too late.

Very frustrating.

I also missed the end of Angel by being stupidly pregnant and not being able
to stay awake long enough to watch anything.

As to Stargate, I didn't like it at first, but Joel is a major fan and would
insist on watching it no matter what. Once I was forced to sit through a few
episodes, I started to like it too. The fact that Daniel Jackson is a real
honey helped, of course :-)

Yowie

Old June 2nd 05, 01:11 AM
Yowie

"SuzQ" asked:

Is B5 out on on DVD?

It is here in Oz.

Yowie
Old June 2nd 05, 11:43 AM
Adrian

SuzQ wrote:
Purrs for your cablebox.
==================================

Our TV junkie cats are currently watching the third season of B-5 with
Rob,
and love the Star Gate series.

Pam S. who is owned by a bunch of Sci-Fi loving felines
======================================
Is B5 out on on DVD?
Suz&Spicey

Yes it is, all 5 seasons. I still prefer Stargate, SG-1 and Atlantis.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 4th 05, 08:46 PM
Pamela Shirk

"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Purrs for your cablebox.
==================================

Our TV junkie cats are currently watching the third season of B-5 with
Rob,
and love the Star Gate series.

Pam S. who is owned by a bunch of Sci-Fi loving felines
======================================
Is B5 out on on DVD?
Suz&Spicey

YUP!!! :-) We bought our copies at Barnes and Noble. They have a sale
going on right now for their DVDs buy 2 and the 3rd is free. Of course that
means that the cheapest one is free, but at $100/season getting four seasons
plus the movies for $300 is a bargain. I got the fifth season and a couple
of the movies through Freecycle. I also got most of Mike's "Red Dwarf"
collection taken care of and the first two seasons of my must have "All
Creatures Great and Small". My mid month goal (can you tell that we got our
income taxes back?) is to get the complete Horatio Hornblower series, which
is out now, and complete the "Creatures G & S" series. That takes care of
those times when what is on TV is lousy reality series, and bad comedy.

For you other Sci Fi fans, Star Trek, Star Trek: TNG, Star Trek Deep Space
9, and Voyager are also out, in varying amounts, on DVD, as are some of the
HBO and Showtime series like 6 Feet Under, Dead Like Me (Mike has the first
season and is hunting for the second season), Sex and the City, and The
Sopranos.

Pam S.

Old June 4th 05, 10:41 PM
Helen Miles

"Adrian" wrote in message

Yes it is, all 5 seasons. I still prefer Stargate, SG-1 and Atlantis.

I'm starting to get into Atlantis - of course, it helps that Joe
Flanagan (Major Shepherd) is SERIOUS eye candy. ;o)

As for Stargate SG1.... apart from season 6, which was total pants
because of Jonas Quinn and what the writers did with the script, I love
it. Can't wait for season 9 in Sept.

My latest addiction is Battlestar Galactica, the new series. It's by far
the best sci-fi series out there. EVER. I was originally a BSG purist
for the original series and refused to watch the new series because of
Starbuck being a girl. Then my brother said give it go, so I did, and I
AM HOOKED. Makes Stargate look cr*p in comparision!

If you haven't seen BSG, do so....it's awesome. It's the first sci-fi
series I have ever bought on DVD and I don't regret a single penny. You
*DO* have to watch the mini-series opening pilot to understand what the
hell is going on in the first season though.

Helen M

Old June 5th 05, 10:40 AM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

[...]

No, I haven't seen BSG, I didn't even realise it had been remade. Now
I'm going to have to buy it, more expense. :-)