Animal rescue efforts

Old September 6th 05, 08:19 PM
Sylvia M.

Default Animal rescue efforts

I received this today, and felt I should pass it on to our group.

Sylvia

Subject: Fw: Animal rescue efforts in New Orleans need our
support...here
is some info on how to help

Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:17:34 -0700

Everyone,

The Animals and Pets in New Orleans and other areas hit by the
hurricane
are very much in need of immediate help. News stories are
reporting that
pets cannot be transported with their humans as evacuations in
New Orleans
proceed. People are needing to literally leave their animals
behind in
order to be evacuated.

There are many heartbreaking animal and pet related stories
accumulating.
I have read a few human/animal separation and loss stories today
and do not
need to read anymore to clearly see that there are events
occurring down in
New Orleans that I hope I and my beloved animal companions never
have to
experience first hand.

So, animal lovers, please donate $$ to the Humane Society this
week as it
is greatly needed for emergency rescue efforts.

The Humane Society is one of the major animal rescue agencies
working
towards assisting the thousands of abandoned and injured animals
affected
by the Hurricane. They also work towards reuniting
abandoned/rescued
animals with their families and finding rescued animals a new
home in non
disaster hit areas.

1. Here is the link to the main Humane Society website that will
take
donations as little as $10.

https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005

2. Here is some info that I copied from their website on how to
call and
donate $$$:

Contributions to The Humane Society of the United States are
tax-deductible. If you have any questions about donating to us
online,
please send us an e-mail or call our Member Services team
toll-free at
1-888-259-5431.

3. Here is the HSUS main website link that has links to stories,
blogs and
videos showing the rescue efforts currently underway.

http://www.hsus.org/

Yes, there are many things we believe are important to put our
money
towards in our own lives right now and perhaps other Disaster
relief
organizations that are also worthy of sending money to help out.

Please consider this as one of the Hurricane relief resources you
donate to
this week.

Peace,

Michele

p.s. Really, Y'all are all animal lovers. I know you are.
Wouldn't you want
somebody to assist uniting you and your beloved animal companion
if you
were in their situation? You will save lives. You can potentially
remedy at
least one person’s deep, deep sadness that comes with losing a
beloved
animal. So, just click the link and offer some money. You won't
even miss
that 10 bucks but it can help out a very needed rescue effort.

"Are you willing to give up that which you will not commit to?"