I got to visit Caboodle Ranch

Old July 27th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I got to visit Caboodle Ranch

Dan M wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:33:26 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

How long were you there?

Joyce

Just for the afternoon. I had to catch a plane back in the early evening.

You drove a day and a half just to stay for the afternoon? Wow. What
did you donate? (Or should the question be *who* did you donate?)

Do they accept help from volunteers who just come for a limited time,
the way they do at Best Friends in Utah?

Joyce

--
Taxes: Money you complain about giving the government, to pay for
services whose absence you would complain about.
Old July 27th 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:37:05 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

You drove a day and a half just to stay for the afternoon? Wow. What did
you donate? (Or should the question be *who* did you donate?)

Do they accept help from volunteers who just come for a limited time,
the way they do at Best Friends in Utah?

Joyce

They do! Visitors need to coordinate with the ranch, but they welcome
helpers and visitors.

Nancy and I had a van that we didn't need any more (the 2 of us had 3
vehicles) so we donated the van to them. The only way to get it to them
was to drive it down. Their previous vehicle was a F150 with close to
half a million miles on it. Anyone who regularly carries kitties to vet
appointments needs more reliable transportation than that. Their old
pickup also didn't have air conditioning. Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat with A/C?

Old July 27th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:54:20 +0000, Dan M wrote:

Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat with A/C?

Whoops - that was supposed to read "Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat withOUT A/C?"

Old July 27th 10, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Yes, I read both stories, thank you for sharing Dan I would LOVE to go
there,
It's a a wonderful amazing, loving place. for the kitties and their hoomin.
Love and bless your heart Dan
Kyla

"Granby"
We got a good story for rpcc out of it though so it was double good fun.
You guys should check it out, Dan writes a description of the place that
will make you want to leave to visit tomorrow.
"Dan M"
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:16:11 +0100, Adrian wrote:

I envy you your visit. It's a very long way from where you live isn't
it?

Yeah, it was a long drive. Left after work Friday, arrived Sunday early
afternoon.

Old July 27th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

"Dan M"
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:54:20 +0000, Dan M wrote:

Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat with A/C?

Whoops - that was supposed to read "Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat withOUT A/C?"

Oh bless your heart for donating the van to them. And no, I cannot imagine
such a thing..
our car has A/C. as does the house.
Love to you Nancy and the furkids
Kyla

Old July 28th 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Dan M wrote:
When I opened some bags of Temptations kitty treats I was quickly
surrounded by purring, meowing, ankle-rubbing kitties. It was quite a
treat!

Craig's daily routine includes administering antibiotics to those cats
who need them, administering fluids to those who need them, etc. I admire
the man for his dedication to cats, but can't imagine having that deep a
dedication to them.

I know that in the future I'm going to make donating to Caboodle Ranch a
priority.

OMG, you actually *went* there!? It's not mythical??

It sounds like a wonderful visit, and a wonderful place. The only
thing needed to make it perfect would be 500 slaves, one for each cat.

It's so great that you can be our boots on the ground reporting on a
little paradise we've all heard about.
Old July 28th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Dan M wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:20:39 -0500, Granby wrote:
We got a good story for rpcc out of it though so it was double good fun.
You guys should check it out, Dan writes a description of the place that
will make you want to leave to visit tomorrow.

I know that I'm going to do my best to plan some vacations down that way
so I can volunteer some time to them. And one of the orange kitties there
is a polydactyl, and just *loves* tummy rubs, so I'm going to have visit
to keep his tummy-rub needs satisfied

Did you see Powderpuff or Cracker? Maybe not with so many, but I get
a kick out of all of them in the videos.
Old July 28th 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dan M wrote:

They do! Visitors need to coordinate with the ranch, but they welcome
helpers and visitors.

Well, I've been trying to arrange a trip to Best Friends for years, but
I really need help with trying to find someone to drive with and someone
(possibly a different person) to share a room with. I was hoping that
someone at Best Friends would be willing to help arrange that since they
know who is coming when, but they were most unhelpful. Instead, they
pointed me to their web forums, which are so badly constructed that they
are pretty much unusable. Maybe C&C would be more helpful that way. Although
the situation would be different since I would *not* be driving to Florida.
I would probably combine it with a trip to visit my sister. I forget where
they are located, but I seem to remember it wasn't all that close to where
sis lives. So I guess I *would* be driving there.

Nancy and I had a van that we didn't need any more (the 2 of us had 3
vehicles) so we donated the van to them. The only way to get it to them
was to drive it down. Their previous vehicle was a F150 with close to
half a million miles on it. Anyone who regularly carries kitties to vet
appointments needs more reliable transportation than that. Their old
pickup also didn't have air conditioning. Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat with A/C?

Yes, I can, and it sounds deadly - literally!

Joyce

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet
Old July 28th 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dan M wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:54:20 +0000, Dan M wrote:

Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat with A/C?

Whoops - that was supposed to read "Can you imagine driving
*anywhere* in the Florida heat withOUT A/C?"

Ha - I didn't even notice the error. It was totally clear what you
meant to ask!

Old July 28th 10, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Did you see Powderpuff or Cracker? Maybe not with so many, but I get
a kick out of all of them in the videos.

Yes, I got to meet Cracker. Very cute kitties!