Horrible Tasteless TV Show

Old January 29th 05, 04:25 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:43:56 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Victor Martinez wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
different shoes. As far as I'm concerned, most women's shoes were
designed as torture devices, not means of locomotion. And I think
it's unfortunate that a

That's one thing I will never understand. Do straight men really find
those high-heels attractive?

The straight men I know go nuts over high heels. However, I don't totter
around in 6 inch F*Me pumps. 3 inch heel, max. One thing my LLL loved
years ago (and does since we reunited) is the fact that I tend to wear heels
with jeans. And of course, when wearing a short dress they make your legs
look better. But if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking I put on a pair
of flats with a good arch support; I have really high arches which is
probably why the heels don't bother me.

You have Barbie Doll feet!

Theresa
Old January 29th 05, 04:49 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
different shoes. As far as I'm concerned, most women's shoes were
designed as torture devices, not means of locomotion. And I think
it's unfortunate that a

That's one thing I will never understand. Do straight men really
find those high-heels attractive?

The straight men I know go nuts over high heels. However, I don't
totter around in 6 inch F*Me pumps. 3 inch heel, max. One thing my
LLL loved years ago (and does since we reunited) is the fact that I
tend to wear heels with jeans. And of course, when wearing a short
dress they make your legs look better. But if I'm going to be doing
a lot of walking I put on a pair of flats with a good arch support;
I have really high arches which is probably why the heels don't
bother me.

You have Barbie Doll feet!

ROFL Actually, I do! And only a size 5, too However, I don't have 58
inch (exaggerating a bit) breasts.

Theresa

Old January 29th 05, 05:36 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-29, Victor Martinez penned:

Well, some are uncomfortable, particularly if you only wear them twice a
year... ;-)

I've owned both guy's shoes and women's shoes. I'll take the men's shoes any
day!

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 29th 05, 05:52 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-29, Kreisleriana penned:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:43:56 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

The straight men I know go nuts over high heels. However, I don't totter
around in 6 inch F*Me pumps. 3 inch heel, max. One thing my LLL loved
years ago (and does since we reunited) is the fact that I tend to wear heels
with jeans. And of course, when wearing a short dress they make your legs
look better. But if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking I put on a pair
of flats with a good arch support; I have really high arches which is
probably why the heels don't bother me.

You have Barbie Doll feet!

I have a friend with a nightmare high heel story. She wore high heels all
through high school and while working for a few years, then decided to go to
college. She bought herself some Keds (flat shoes) in anticipation of having
to walk all over campus. That worked fine for a day or two.

After only a few days, she woke up one morning, got out of bed, and her legs
spasmed so badly that she collapsed. She dragged herself across the floor to
the phone and called her mom, who drove her to the hospital. Over the course
of the day, they had to slowly bring her feet up from their barbie doll
position, a slight adjustment every two hours. Then they put both legs in
casts, and she had to use a wheelchair for something like a month while her
legs stretched.

In my own personal case, I have very wide feet, to the point where I have to
have wide men's hockey skates pushed out, I have always had trouble wearing
ski boots even with expensive customization and fitting, etc. Those stupid
pointy-toed things aren't coming near my feet.

Old January 29th 05, 05:53 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-29, jmcquown penned:

ROFL Actually, I do! And only a size 5, too However, I don't have 58
inch (exaggerating a bit) breasts.

I always wonder how you small-footed people can walk =P My feet are something
like women's size 11, although I typically wear men's trail shoes for the
width (and because there's more selection in my size in men's).

Old January 29th 05, 05:56 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-29, jmcquown penned:
Marina wrote:

High-heeled shoes make the whole posture change: it pushes out both the
bosom and the behind, which I suppose is considered sexy. Of course,
high-heeled shoes are also debilitating and immobilising, supposedly making
women helpless and passive, which men stereotypically want. ;o)

I'm not so sure - I can run pretty darned fast in heels! And if you ever
saw the movie "Single White Female", you can also put an eye out with one

Sure, but if I'm not wearing heels, I have the balance to KO someone with a
foot to the head. Literally. Much preferred =)

Old January 29th 05, 07:29 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-29, Karen Chuplis penned:

I will say that Ryka sneakers, made ONLY for women are THE best shoes I've
ever worn. Go for the ultra light model. Pricey yes but well worth the
money. I've gotten every woman in the office to buy a pair and we all agree
on it. THey are the best.

I'll try 'em if I see 'em, but my feet are long and wide, so men's shoes tend
to fit best.

Old January 29th 05, 08:09 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:41:39 +0200, Marina
wrote:

High-heeled shoes make the whole posture change: it pushes out both the
bosom and the behind, which I suppose is considered sexy. Of course,
high-heeled shoes are also debilitating and immobilising, supposedly
making women helpless and passive, which men stereotypically want. ;o) I
haven't worn high heels since I was twenty-something.

Otherwise too, I'm like Monique. I want comfortable clothes! I hate
anything tight, and since I can't be bothered about colour-coordination,
my clothes are mostly black. I know I've taken the easy way out, but I
just don't find clothes very interesting. I'd much rather do something
else than shop.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

I haven't worn high-heeled shoes since I was a kid, and that was for
Halloween - lol!

I'm the barefoot princess. I *hate* wearing any shoes if I don't have
to. When I do, they're sensible, you bet! Not gonna put my feet in
misery for any reason, thank you very much.

I'm not a sweatsuit type, but I do like elastic-waisted long skirts
and loose shirts/sweaters. Easy, comfortable, quick. Fashion be
damned! Never have followed fashion, never will.

Ginger-lyn
The Eccentric Crazy Cat Lady

Old January 29th 05, 09:06 PM
jmcquown

On 2005-01-29, jmcquown penned:

ROFL Actually, I do! And only a size 5, too However, I don't
have 58 inch (exaggerating a bit) breasts.

I always wonder how you small-footed people can walk =P My feet are
something like women's size 11, although I typically wear men's trail
shoes for the width (and because there's more selection in my size in
men's).

It's difficult to find small shoes, too. I've had to buy "boys" tennis
shoes from time to time. I imagine you have the same issue with women's
larger size shoes, hence the buying mens shoes.

Oh for the days of cobblers where they measured and fit and made them.
(sigh)

Jill