Horrible Tasteless TV Show

Old January 29th 05, 03:19 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Marina had some very interesting things to
say about Horrible Tasteless TV Show:

One episode of CSI drastically boosted the temperature in
alt.support.diabetes a while back. Hang on while I battle Google's
"upgrade" to find the thread.
Mrreh! Can't find it.

I think I know which one you mean. It claimed that the invesigators
found out a dead guy had had diabetes, because he had a needle prick *on
his thigh bone*!!!! ROFL! A person would literally have to be skin and
bones in order for the needle to penetrate that far. There was other
stuff too, but I seem to have blocked it out. P

Nope, in this one the killer was diabetic, and they got the symptoms
of what was happening [think he was running way too high] completely
wrong.

Old January 29th 05, 05:35 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Monique Y. Mudama" had some very interesting
things to say about Horrible Tasteless TV Show:

I dunno. The whole thing seemed lame to me. Maybe it's because I dress for
comfort, not style. I clean up well, but for the most part, I don't care to
be bothered with looks, not if it's going to take away from the number of
times I can hit "snooze" on the alarm. Believe me, I don't dress the way I do
because I don't know any better; it's because I can't be bothered to take the
time.

You sound like me. :-)

The part that really bothered, me, I think, was the constant pressure to wear
different shoes. As far as I'm concerned, most women's shoes were designed as
torture devices, not means of locomotion. And I think it's unfortunate that a
woman must wear these torture devices to be considered well-dressed, and it's
particularly unfortunate that these people, these people whose job it is to
know clothes, couldn't find a comfortable, healthy shoe for this lady.

We're twins. :-)

Old January 29th 05, 07:27 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-29, Seanette Blaylock penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" had some very interesting things
[...]

*grin*

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 29th 05, 12:41 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
snip
I have a story about us encountering a rude driver while on our
trips. In one case he actually pulled off the freeway to a gas
station to look up a phone number and report a guy who was driving a
company truck and being a total jerk. John was so angry he was
shaking. He was polite but firm when he was transferred to the
manager and explained the situation.

The idiot was on our tail (John drives a 22 foot box van with his
paintings and as DanM can tell you, you can't just stop on a dime in
a big truck). The guy was practically kissing our a** when we were
already doing 75 MPH in a 65 zone. So John, getting upset, moved to
the next right lane to let him pass. The man whipped around us
(driving a garbage truck, no less) and then cut us off. Then dude
moved over to the far right lane. Then dude dropped back behind us
again, flashed his lights, then pulled up alongside MY side of the
truck (I think this is what *really* ticked John off) and flipped me
the bird.

The man John spoke with on the phone was calling the dispatcher to
find out which drivers running routes in that particular locale (John
gave them highway sign and exit sign information) to have the
dispatcher call him back to base. I hope that a**hole lost his job.
His behavior was completely uncalled for.

Once John got that out of his system, we continued on our drive and
had a good time

Jill

A similar thing happened to me once, and the driver did lose his job. I
was told by his boss they normally sack people if they get three
complaints, this driver had been given another chance. Mine was the
fourth complaint and he was sacked straight away.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 29th 05, 02:04 PM
Victor Martinez

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
different shoes. As far as I'm concerned, most women's shoes were designed as
torture devices, not means of locomotion. And I think it's unfortunate that a

That's one thing I will never understand. Do straight men really find
those high-heels attractive? Sensible shoes... sensible shoes!

little. You take things so *seriously*." But really. Guy's dress shoes
aren't uncomfortable, and they don't have the potential to damage your feet.

Well, some are uncomfortable, particularly if you only wear them twice a
year... ;-)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 29th 05, 02:41 PM
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

different shoes. As far as I'm concerned, most women's shoes were
designed as
torture devices, not means of locomotion. And I think it's
unfortunate that a

That's one thing I will never understand. Do straight men really find
those high-heels attractive? Sensible shoes... sensible shoes!

High-heeled shoes make the whole posture change: it pushes out both the
bosom and the behind, which I suppose is considered sexy. Of course,
high-heeled shoes are also debilitating and immobilising, supposedly
making women helpless and passive, which men stereotypically want. ;o) I
haven't worn high heels since I was twenty-something.

Otherwise too, I'm like Monique. I want comfortable clothes! I hate
anything tight, and since I can't be bothered about colour-coordination,
my clothes are mostly black. I know I've taken the easy way out, but I
just don't find clothes very interesting. I'd much rather do something
else than shop.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 29th 05, 03:24 PM
jmcquown

Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
snip
[...]

I'm glad! John and I will never know the outcome. We were on the road
somewhere between Illinois and Texas - I think we were in Missouri when this
happened but I can't recall - we were on the road (with stops only to sleep
and eat) for 4 days. Could have been anywhere

Jill

Old January 29th 05, 03:32 PM
jmcquown

Howard Berkowitz wrote:
In article t,
Tanada wrote:

Howard Berkowitz wrote:

thing when "Star Trek" babbles about diverting the flux capacitor to
the deflector array, in a future where they have apparently lost the
technologies of seat belts

But then they wouldn't have gotten to pretend the ship was tilting! LOL

, terminals that don't explode, circuit
breakers in general, etc.

In "Medical Investigation", not only were they wrong on substantive
detail, the acting isn't very good. There always seemed to be a
guarantee that the team chief would call for an instant airlift of a
drug that was inappropriate to treat the condition. Oddly, the
clinical presentations were consistent with the diseases -- I usually
could diagnose within 10 or 15 minutes, while the cast would fumble
around for the next half hour.

What do you think of this new medical show (if you have seen it) 'House'?
The team spends an hour discussing and trying different treatments on
weirdly obscure (sorry, can't happen) diseases and conditions. Dr. House
finally makes an appearance and the patient and his/her family have no idea
who this dude is. Not only that, he's constantly popping pain pills for his
leg (he uses a cane). And, the times I've been in the hospital I didn't
have 4-5 attending physicians. It's ridiculous.

Jill

Old January 29th 05, 03:43 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
different shoes. As far as I'm concerned, most women's shoes were
designed as torture devices, not means of locomotion. And I think
it's unfortunate that a

That's one thing I will never understand. Do straight men really find
those high-heels attractive?

The straight men I know go nuts over high heels. However, I don't totter
around in 6 inch F*Me pumps. 3 inch heel, max. One thing my LLL loved
years ago (and does since we reunited) is the fact that I tend to wear heels
with jeans. And of course, when wearing a short dress they make your legs
look better. But if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking I put on a pair
of flats with a good arch support; I have really high arches which is
probably why the heels don't bother me.

Jill

Old January 29th 05, 03:45 PM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

different shoes. As far as I'm concerned, most women's shoes were
designed as
torture devices, not means of locomotion. And I think it's
unfortunate that a

That's one thing I will never understand. Do straight men really find
those high-heels attractive? Sensible shoes... sensible shoes!

High-heeled shoes make the whole posture change: it pushes out both
the bosom and the behind, which I suppose is considered sexy. Of
course, high-heeled shoes are also debilitating and immobilising,
supposedly making women helpless and passive, which men
stereotypically want. ;o)

I'm not so sure - I can run pretty darned fast in heels! And if you ever
saw the movie "Single White Female", you can also put an eye out with one

Jill