Katrina cleanup

Old September 18th 05, 03:40 PM
Miss Violette

very nicely put, Miss Violette, who thinks that sof's paw is right..." there
are some people that G*D allows to use air as an example of what NOT to be",
often said by the paw of soft
Fred Williams wrote in message
On $DATE , Cory wrote:

Her Royal Highness Cleoaptra Silvercat wrote:
gently shredded...
I an my fellow Highland kitties decided that with the extent of
the destruction in Louisiana, we really need to help out as best
we can.

gently shredded...

Cleo

Does anyone know how many kitties and doggies (sorry, furkids...
can't do the d*g thing this time... not for something this
serious) and birdies and ferrets and guinea piggies and whatnot
have been able to be
rescued?? I know that that was as much of a HUGE concern when
the levees started failing after the hurricane came through as
saving human
lives was. Also, isn't Raphael from N.O.?? Has anyone been able
get in touch with his hoomins??? This hurricane has had SUCH a
powerful effect on me. I can't watch the news anymore or read
any of
the news stories about it. I just can't. Watermonsters start
coming out to play like crazy if I do (and those of you who know
me well know that I DON'T get emotional very easily).

:-(

--- Unca Cory, purrin' fur da victims...

We're purring here tuu, Unca Cory. We heard that maybe a million
furr-friends is not being rescued and that's just beyond our
comprehenshun. We saw film of one rescue boat going down a street
and a nice friendly dog was swimmin out to them asking for help
and they just drove away leavin the dog in the middle of the
street hopelessly swimmin after them wonderin why effurryone had
suddenly turned so mean. That just tears at our hearts. What
kind of monsters-idiots-a**holes can turn their back on that?
Maybe we shiuld rescue the the four footed gentlebeings and make
the FEMA people live in N.O. for a while,... but I don't think
they'd learn anything from it.
We haf t remembfer, kitties, that it's not *all* hoomans who r
like this. Just some uv them. We haf tu tri to pick the gudgud
ones and help educate the "spiritually challenged" ones. Wonce
they understand who they reely reely are, at the centre uv there
being, then they can start tu come around, but so few uv them stop
tu look inward.
It's a bigbig loss. but we wunder ifn it wud be better to build
somewhere else cuz it cud all happen again an see levels cud rise
effen higher and it costs a lot uv tunas to keep rebildin an maybe
it's no soo smart tu build cities below see leffel at this point
in history. Wez also wonderin why hopomans put dummies in charge.
We thot they wyus supposed to be smart.
We'z wunderin ifn there is a traffic jam at da bridge, but we
think theyz handlin things bedder there and they have lots uv
gudgud stuff to eat and warm palces tu rest and most uv all lots
uv furrends to care fur them all.
Meanwhile we all du what we can where we are an puurray furtha
rest.

--
Diana & Ryan
an our hooman

Old September 18th 05, 10:47 PM
Harri Roadcat

Miss Violette wrote:
very nicely put, Miss Violette, who thinks that sof's paw is right..." there
are some people that G*D allows to use air as an example of what NOT to be",
often said by the paw of soft

Wow, datz somefing! Mineown Paw says much da same fing, furry often. An
him often says much da same fing in not so nice terms, too.

Harri Roadcat
Old September 19th 05, 01:01 AM
ClowderCat

[A deep rumble can be heard in the distance, moving closer. The rumble
gets louder and louder, until the ground itself is shaking. A huge
Caterpillar D9T rolls into sight, with Samuel Redcat at the controls. The
Cat is followed by an equally huge dump truck with Tabitha Fluffytail at
the controls. Next in line is the FluffyKitz catering truck, so heavily
loaded with food that the truck body is almost rubbing against the tires,
Miss Amelia at the wheel. Bringing up the rear is a semi driven by Harri
Roadcat pulling two flatbed trailers. The first trailer is carrying two
swift-water rescue boats and two Bobcat front loaders. The second trailer
carries thousands of gallons of bottled water, cases of non-perishable
food, and several gasoline-powered high-volume water pumps. All of the
vehicles pull up next to each other and the engines shut off at the same
time.]

I an my fellow Highland kitties decided that with the extent of the
destruction in Louisiana, we really need to help out as best we can. Our
humans are donating as much money as they can afford, but us kitties can
offer more concrete help. We're taking all this equipment straight there
via the teleporter. Any kitties who want to help out are welcome to come
along. There's plenty of room for kitties to ride along, in the truck cab
with Harri, in the catering truck with Amelia, or in the heavy equipment
with Samuel oand Tabitha.

Cleo

We'll help. Purrsident Clarence said that we can use the purrsidential
helicopter and Airfurse One to carry more food there and to get
kitties, d*gs, animals and humans out.

Chester, Clarence and Nathan

Old September 22nd 05, 12:03 PM
Miss Violette

actually sometimes so does furry but soft's paw doesn't say tootoo much bad
unless he is really mad, then look out!!!, Miss Violette