Poopster and the Mechanic

Old March 31st 05, 12:22 AM
Enfilade

Default Poopster and the Mechanic

The continuation of "Smokey is a poopster."

One time my parents were cat sitting and I was on military service.
When DP got back from his trip, he went to pick up Nox and Smokey.
About three hours after leaving my parents' place, his car broke down.

He got towed to a Canadian Tire repair shop and tried to call me. I
was on a forward base with no phone, so he had to call the main base
and they had to locate my unit, then locate me, then get the message
to me. Then I had to go get a leave pass, and my boss was gone.
Fortunately, the security chief on duty that day was Captain Wayne
Hancock, aka Smokey's godfather who'd tamed him the year before. He
was happy to write me a pass to go rescue Smokey (and DP and Nox).

Unfortunately, Smokey couldn't hold it...and crapped his carrier while
in the mechanic's.

Here is DP trying to wash off Smokey in the sink of the bathroom of a
mechanic's shop while Smokey is crying piteously because he's likely
to be left OUTSIDE in this strange scary place for being a bad boy
even though he couldn't help it, he couldn't hold it anymore, DP is
trying not to get poop on himself, and Nox is in her box rolling her
eyes at other customers.

So I get there--it's a good two hour drive from the base--and take
them all home. We go back for his car the next weekend. (We have
since gotten rid of his car, after the move) But poor pokey. Another
bath for pokey. Fortunately Smokey's learning that a bath means he
still lives with us, so he's pretty good in the tub. It's dealing
with a soaking wet cat clinging to you for the rest of the day that's
hard.

--Fil
Old March 31st 05, 04:17 AM
Marina

Enfilade wrote:

So I get there--it's a good two hour drive from the base--and take
them all home. We go back for his car the next weekend. (We have
since gotten rid of his car, after the move) But poor pokey. Another
bath for pokey. Fortunately Smokey's learning that a bath means he
still lives with us, so he's pretty good in the tub. It's dealing
with a soaking wet cat clinging to you for the rest of the day that's
hard.

Aww, poor Smokey-poke! I hope he's realised by now that he is staying
with you permanently.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old March 31st 05, 05:12 AM
Susan M

Awwwwwwww.... he must see a carrier and, well, ... CRAP!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

om...

Old March 31st 05, 01:18 PM
jmcquown

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
Awwwwwwww.... he must see a carrier and, well, ... CRAP!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

ROFL that's too funny!

Jill

om...

Old March 31st 05, 07:50 PM
Christina Websell

Poor Smokey-poke. Sometimes one should be allowed to forget and live
something down. He must be allowed to live down that fact that he pooed
twice in his carrier through no fault of his own.
Like me. My brothers will never let me forget that once I had a tree
growing in my car. Years ago. Yes, really.
My present car is a perfectly respectable Citroen, reasonably immaculate,
but they still make fun of it :-(
SOMETIMES WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LIVE THINGS DOWN!!
Including Smokey. No cat poops in the carrier unless desperate,so it was
*not* his fault.
Neither was my tree. A horse chestnut as it happens.

Tweed

om...