Harley and Smokey

Old April 1st 05, 05:08 PM
CATherine

Default Harley and Smokey

Harley is a small Siamese mix. She has the most unusual eyes i have
ever seen. They are opal. Whitish, with sparkles of different colors.
She lives with Smoky, a big grey boycat. Their prime slave is a sweet
man who drives a scooter during the day; saving the electric
wheelchair for maneuvering into the bathroom for his bath. Harley
likes to ride both the scooter and the w/c.

Harley had two litters of kittens (all found good homes) before the
family got enough money to neuter both cats. The kittens learned early
about the scooter and also loved to take rides in it. They spent thier
afternnon sleeping time with the man on the sofa, tucked around his
legs. Harley got the prime spot by his shoulders.

Harley loves shoulders. She always greets me and begs to get on my
shoulders. Mostly because she wants to groom my hair. I learned not to
wear hairspray when I went to see her. I tried to keep her from
grooming; but she would nip me until I let her. After a certain amount
of grooming, she would be satisfied and then I could get to my
business there.

Harley is very friendly to all visitors; but Smokey is just the
opposite. He spends a lot of time outside. They live in a quiet mobile
home park with a million speed bumps and an open field nearby.
Sometimes, when i am there, Smokey comes to the door to be let in.
When he sees me, he runs down the steps to the front yard. So I will
leave the door cracked open and stand well back while the man calls.
Then Smokey will slither in while looking for the stranger he can
smell.

One day it was nasty and cold when I first opened the door. He was so
desparate to get in to the warm, he leaped over my feet and zoomed
down the hall. Pretty soon I could see him peeking around the corner
at me. I remained very still and quiet. So he finally slithered over
to the food dish. He ate with his eyes on me the whole time. I didn't
dare move. Over the months since then, he has learned not to be so
scared of me. I make no overtures to him. It is his choice. Maybe some
day he will come close to me. I hope. He sees how Harley is with me.

Harley was a good mother. But she is healthier and a bit fatter and
happier now that she is neutered. She also gets all the attention she
wants. She rules the house with a sable paw. She reminds me so much of
the cat on Chickweed Lane.

--
CATherine
Old April 1st 05, 05:14 PM
KittyLady

Wow Cat,
You have a personal hairdresser that does not cost a dime, Is she free
for appointments?

Old April 1st 05, 07:43 PM
Katz

Sounds like a nice family.

Katz

Old April 2nd 05, 02:14 AM
CATherine

On 1 Apr 2005 08:14:38 -0800, "KittyLady"
wrote:

Wow Cat,
You have a personal hairdresser that does not cost a dime, Is she free
for appointments?

She certainly is and walk-ins are welcome!

--
CATherine
Old April 2nd 05, 04:10 AM
Marina

CATherine wrote:
Harley is a small Siamese mix.

Harley sounds lovely. We'll be purring that Smokey gets comfortable
enough with you to accept some pettins.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!