And this is my problem?

Old March 30th 05, 06:55 AM
Jo Firey

Default And this is my problem?

Charlie came home from the grandson's little league game a bit ago. I
wasn't feeling well and was lying down. But he still found it necessary to
come and ask me if I'd let one of the cats out while he was gone. Yes Molly
had escaped. As she does most evenings given a shred of a chance. But then
that should have been obvious from his following complaint. Complete with
vivid nauseating description about the mouse on the back step, right in
front of the door, and how unpleasant stepping on it was. And how would I
go dispose of it?

Told him I've had the experience - barefoot. And to go take care of
disposal himself. Or let it wait till morning. Sheesh. I know he can't
handle things like that and spiders and bugs and dead birds and etc are my
job. But no I'm getting out of bed in the middle of the night!

Not really complaining about the role reversal as long as he does laundry.

Jo

Old March 30th 05, 07:23 AM
Mathew Kagis

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

LOL.... EEEK!!!! A 2oz ball of fur & flesh!!!! Make it go away warrior
princess!!!!

--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old March 30th 05, 02:16 PM
bonbon

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:55:30 -0800, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

[...]

YIKES!!!! I made the mistake of having DH try a hand at laundry a
couple weeks ago. Well.......now I've got a couple pairs of my
favorite jeans that I'll probably never get into again.

You might want to re-think the laundry thing Jo.

Oh, and CatNipped - if you're reading this, can I have your size 8's?

-bonbon
Old March 30th 05, 06:17 PM
Jo Firey

wrote:

[...]

I rethought the laundry thing as well as other household chores many years
ago. I decided if anyone else is willing to take a shot - God Bless. I'll
hunt for things put away new places. Sometimes its an improvement. I'll
buy my jeans big enough to let them shrink. I'll keep my mouth shut if the
work isn't up to my standards as long as it isn't causing actual damage.

And its been a lifesaver due to my poor health. Charlie knows not to wash
my sweaters, to separate light and dark usually. To use color catchers to
avoid disasters. and to check pockets.

He made a small mistake shortly after we were married. Pointed out that I
hung up his shirts facing the wrong way. Uh. Also he doesn't care for the
way I fold T-shirts. That is most easily resolved.

Jo

Old March 31st 05, 04:53 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jo Firey wrote:

He made a small mistake shortly after we were married. Pointed out that I
hung up his shirts facing the wrong way. Uh. Also he doesn't care for the
way I fold T-shirts. That is most easily resolved.

My ex evidently pulled that "the shirt I want to wear isn't
ironed" complaint on his mom once too often - she showed him
the iron and ironing board, and gave hime a quick "how to"
course! (After which, he ironed his own.) I saw no reason
to alter the arrangement, when he married me.