Amber is becoming a pain

Old September 11th 04, 11:44 PM
---MIKE---

Default Amber is becoming a pain

Amber is going to be ten next week. She has just recently started a new
"habit". It started about three weeks ago. She comes into my room and
jumps up on my bed about 4:30 AM. She then proceeds to slowly go up the
left side, across my pillow, down the right side and across my legs and
keeps repeating this while purring madly. I am an early riser but NOT
that early. If I close the door she will just scratch on it to get in.
She wants to be petted but I would prefer to wait until 5:30 or 6:00. I
don't want to lock her in another room for the night. Any suggestions?

---MIKE---

Old September 12th 04, 12:19 AM
sculley

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber is going to be ten next week. She has just recently started a new
"habit". It started about three weeks ago. She comes into my room and
jumps up on my bed about 4:30 AM. She then proceeds to slowly go up the
left side, across my pillow, down the right side and across my legs and
keeps repeating this while purring madly. I am an early riser but NOT
that early. If I close the door she will just scratch on it to get in.
She wants to be petted but I would prefer to wait until 5:30 or 6:00. I
don't want to lock her in another room for the night. Any suggestions?

---MIKE---

That's all? My cat started that at a very young age. And if I lay on my back
he sleeps on my chest and breathes in my face. I just roll over and pull the
pillow over my head and ignore him. You got lucky with your cat just
starting it .Good luck ,once started it doesn't stop......

Old September 12th 04, 12:31 AM

Amber is going to be ten next week. She
has just recently started a new "habit".
It started about three weeks ago. She
comes into my room and jumps up on my
bed about 4:30 AM. She then proceeds to
slowly go up the left side, across my
pillow, down the right side and across
my legs and keeps repeating this while
purring madly. I am an early riser but
NOT that early. If I close the door she
will just scratch on it to get in. She
wants to be petted but I would prefer to
wait until 5:30 or 6:00. I don't want to
lock her in another room for the night.
Any suggestions?

When's the last time you had Amber to the vet for an exam and full blood
workup (including a test for thyroid)? 10 years old is the age where
cats can start to develop hyperthyroid, which can manifest as unusual
night activity. The suddenness of this change in behavior would also
lead me to suspect there may be a medical issue going on. If this were
my cat I would take her to the vet and rule out a medical cause before
assuming this is just a behavior issue.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old September 12th 04, 01:57 AM
rose ricciuto

Just give her a pet and cuddle her in against your body - at least that
works for me and my Obe.

Old September 12th 04, 01:57 AM
rose ricciuto

Old September 12th 04, 07:13 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:44:24 -0400, ---MIKE--- wrote:

Amber is going to be ten next week. She has just recently started a new
"habit". It started about three weeks ago. She comes into my room and
jumps up on my bed about 4:30 AM. She then proceeds to slowly go up the
left side, across my pillow, down the right side and across my legs and
keeps repeating this while purring madly. I am an early riser but NOT
that early. If I close the door she will just scratch on it to get in.
She wants to be petted but I would prefer to wait until 5:30 or 6:00. I
don't want to lock her in another room for the night. Any suggestions?

---MIKE---

gather her in your arms and hold her against your heart (this is
snuggling)then you both can sleep peacefully. Other than that, get up and
feed her. MLB

Old September 12th 04, 09:43 PM

MLB wrote:
gather her in your arms and hold her
against your heart (this is snuggling)then
you both can sleep peacefully. Other than
that, get up and feed her.

BAD idea. Many cat owners make this mistake. In essence getting up and
feeding the cat, with the mistaken notion that it will stop the cat from
bothering you, actually teaches the cat that if it bothers you it will
be rewarded with food. The vicious circle follows.