What is FVRCP/C?

Old May 17th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default What is FVRCP/C?

I got notice from the vet it's time for Persia to get her rabies booster
(required by law here even though she's an indoor cat), intestinal worm test
and something called FVRCP/C. I have no idea what FVRCP/C is but apparently
she's gotten it in the past. I called and was told that is the "normal cat
vaccination" - does not include Feline FIV which I don't want to give her.
So what the heck is a "normal cat vaccination"? Anyone know?

Jill

Old May 17th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

I got notice from the vet it's time for Persia to get her rabies booster
(required by law here even though she's an indoor cat), intestinal worm test
and something called FVRCP/C. I have no idea what FVRCP/C is but apparently
she's gotten it in the past. I called and was told that is the "normal cat
vaccination" - does not include Feline FIV which I don't want to give her.
So what the heck is a "normal cat vaccination"? Anyone know?

It's the standard combo vaccination - rhinotracheitis, calicivirus,
panleukopenia and chlamydia - nothing to be concerned about IMHO. Mine
all get something similar as well.

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old May 17th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Debbie Wilson wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

I got notice from the vet it's time for Persia to get her rabies
booster (required by law here even though she's an indoor cat),
intestinal worm test and something called FVRCP/C. I have no idea
what FVRCP/C is but apparently she's gotten it in the past. I
called and was told that is the "normal cat vaccination" - does not
include Feline FIV which I don't want to give her. So what the heck
is a "normal cat vaccination"? Anyone know?

It's the standard combo vaccination - rhinotracheitis, calicivirus,
panleukopenia and chlamydia - nothing to be concerned about IMHO. Mine
all get something similar as well.

Deb.

Thank you! I'll be boarding her on 5/31 so I'll have them update her
shots/tests while I'm gone. She'll already be unhappy about the boarding;
might as well wait. By the time I pick her up on 6/6 she'll be so happy to
be coming home she'll have forgotten all about this!

Jill

Old May 17th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you! I'll be boarding her on 5/31 so I'll have them update her
shots/tests while I'm gone. She'll already be unhappy about the boarding;
might as well wait. By the time I pick her up on 6/6 she'll be so happy to
be coming home she'll have forgotten all about this!

Just to let you know, it protects against upper respitory infections (rhino,
calici, clymydia) and distemper (panleukopenia); those are the diseases that
someone can carry on their clothes or hands (the only diseases that can be
transmitted without direct cat-to-cat contact).

Old May 18th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Thank you! I'll be boarding her on 5/31 so I'll have them update her
shots/tests while I'm gone. She'll already be unhappy about the boarding;

One thing to notice is that I believe the combo vaccine lasts 3 years.
At least the one our vet uses does.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 18th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
Thank you! I'll be boarding her on 5/31 so I'll have them update her
shots/tests while I'm gone. She'll already be unhappy about the
boarding;

One thing to notice is that I believe the combo vaccine lasts 3 years. At
least the one our vet uses does.

Rusty's combo vaccine only lasts 1 year. His rabies vaccine now lasts 3
years,
used to be only 1 year. Rusty goes in once a year for checkup and
vaccination.
Other times he needed to see the vet for one thing or another. He already
had
3 vet visits this year and it is only May. Need to go back twice more.
I guess this is to be expected with an older cat. Sigh!

Winnie

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 19th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

DAGS

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
..

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

I got notice from the vet it's time for Persia to get her rabies

booster
(required by law here even though she's an indoor cat), intestinal

worm test
and something called FVRCP/C. I have no idea what FVRCP/C is but

apparently
she's gotten it in the past. I called and was told that is the

"normal cat
vaccination" - does not include Feline FIV which I don't want to

give her.
So what the heck is a "normal cat vaccination"? Anyone know?

It's the standard combo vaccination - rhinotracheitis, calicivirus,
panleukopenia and chlamydia - nothing to be concerned about IMHO. Mine
all get something similar as well.

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

He only bit the ones he loved, because they tasted good." S.
Greenfield