Ping Bookie

Old August 12th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh >\o\

Default Ping Bookie

Hello!
When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to
think what you must feel like, LOl?!! His very name brings up childhood
memories of Peter Rabbit trying to scarper away from Mr MC Gregor with his
precious hoe in hand & one very fat groaning bunny, who was too fat to fit
under the rake.... It indicates that in his younger days, we was a bit of a
chancer. however, I doubt that he was ever a Cad though.....( He doesn't look
like he ever had it in him.)

I keep wondering what the girls will think of him, & whether he will try
pinching radiator beds @ the first given opportunity? Did he approve of you
when you went to meet him, & is he a leader, or a follower/swallower? Does he
have any problems @ all ( the pure gentlemen type of course!!?- gout ect- too
much port & so on), & what is his character like, most of all? I can't wait
to meet him you know!!

Sheelagh "o"

--
Sheelagh "o"

Old August 13th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh \"o\"" u33188@uwe wrote:
[...]

i haven't been able to pick him up yet! have been away for the last 3
days so been unabel to go roudn and collect him; friday spent whoel
day going to manchester and back (took 4 hours to drive home, utter
nightmare, noone north of birmingham seems to be able to drive
properly) and got home late and too shatered so crashed out, saturday
at a regatta whole day and today had awful hangover.

i want to be able to spend some time with him when he first arrives to
help him settle in and to head off any major slanging matches between
him and jessie. It just didn't feel right bringing him home on
thursday night and then me buggering off and leaving the poor fellow
to his own devices straight away, maybe i am just worrying though.
Hopefully pick him up in next day or so, have to get some usual stuff
like extra litter tray etc beore I do though. i did think about
getting another radiator hammock just for him, but then I think we
will also have to build a ramp or something so he can actually get
into it; he is not the most spritely of fellows and really rather
plumptious, jumping is not really in his skills set i suspect.

I can;t wait to get him home and comb his fur and get him comfy and
clean him up and show him the garden and stuff, he looked sooooooooooo
sad and sorry for himself when we left the fosterers house. He is a
real sweetie and just a big teddybear who just wants someone to love
him and sit with him, it woudl take someone with a VERY hard heart to
not feel sorry for the poor little sausage.

he doesn't have any medical issues , apart from being incredibly fat,
so i will ahve to exercise him a fair bit, might have to resort to
dragging him around the cul-de-sac on a lead and harness some
evenings. The things he needs most right now is a big dollop of TLC

bookie

Old August 14th 07, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

[...]

he's here! and currently hiding behind an armchair in the front room,
having been hissed at a lot last night by 2 female kitties both half
his size or less. he is such a poof.

gave him a good brush and comb last night when he got here and got
out so much loose hair. i did have a love glove but it is old and
perished and the stipples have starting falling out so will ahve to
get another one, i think he will like on of those.
will also have toget a feliway diffuser soon to put off world war 3
starting
bookie

Old August 14th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh via CatKB.com

bookie wrote:
On 12 Aug, 18:53, "sheelagh \"o\"" u33188@uwe wrote:
Hello!
When can we expect Mr MC Gregor to come home? If I am this excited, I hate to

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]

he's here! and currently hiding behind an armchair in the front room,
having been hissed at a lot last night by 2 female kitties both half
his size or less. he is such a poof.

gave him a good brush and comb last night when he got here and got
out so much loose hair. i did have a love glove but it is old and
perished and the stipples have starting falling out so will ahve to
get another one, i think he will like on of those.
will also have toget a feliway diffuser soon to put off world war 3
starting
bookie

Oh Bless him!!
Poor fellow, @ least he has the intelligence to stay right out of the girl's
way. I bet he enjoyed a good old rub off when you got him home too? I had to
laugh @ the remark regarding getting him getting into the radiator bed. Poor
old codger, hey?
I'm delighted that you have got him @ home long last. I have a feeling this
is going to be a good partnership, & I also hope that it's for many years too.

Head Rubs & leg weaves to him,
Sheelagh "o"

--
Sheelagh "o"

Old August 14th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

On 14 Aug, 14:07, "sheelagh via CatKB.com" u33188@uwe wrote:
bookie wrote:
[...]

I forgot to add that we will require photographs of him too. No doubt
stretching from one side of the bed to the other, in an attempt to
keep it all warm for you of course! Mind you, what Jessie & Terri have
to say about the subject matter is a different thing altogether. Might
I suggest a nice comfortable corner in the bedroom, lined with a
fleece under-blanket, for his comfort, just in case the girls don't
think this is such a brilliant idea?

Poor Portly fellow. Yes, reins are a very good idea if you are
considering his girth. It's for his own good, even though he won't
believe you. Mind you, after you have dragged him around the cul-de-
sac, he might get used to the idea of walking off his steak & kidney
pudding(one can hope, after all?)

I would have a private word in his ear, & tell him that if he feels
slightly out numbered, he can always sleep on the big bouncy bed
across the landing, & advise him that he can rest all over it, in fact
stretch all over it) to his hearts content. It won't take too long
until your house mate gets the message & buys him one of the wonderful
snuggley igloo type house/beds full of fleece & just right for his
tender little (well, large..), backside? Just a thought! I know that
he has his own little convenience to spend a penny, so why not a nice
Igloo or even one of those four poster type beds. I'm certain he would
be delighted with it- all enclosed with no females to nag him!! I'm
sure that the Feliway diffuser will be of great help here as well.

Can't wait for the next instalment,

Sheelagh "o"
PS: Head rubs to all 3 of them )

Old August 17th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh via CatKB.com

bookie wrote:
[...]

I was wondering how life at 2 mistresses & Master's is going?
Have we got harmony yet, or is it still very early days?
Sheealgh "o"

--
Sheelagh "o"

Old August 17th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 17 Aug, 14:25, "sheelagh via CatKB.com" u33188@uwe wrote:
bookie wrote:
[...]

mr mcgregor has only just started to venture out form behind the
armchair inthe front room, occasionally gonig into the back room to be
hissed at by terri who has decided that it si her domain, then crawl
back behind a chair again.

this evening I found him at one end of the long back room sitting
under the dining table, with terri at the other end, just sat in the
litter tray, both of them staring at each other. I knew what she was
up to, she was so obviously 'guarding it' to prevent him form using it
(naughty little madam) in a kind of psychological bullying tactic, so
i picked her up out of it and dumped her in a her bed in the front
room so she could watch big brother with us and let Mr McG use the
tray, which he promptly did as soon as she was hauled out of it. What
a cheeky little girl eh? I never thought she had it in her to hiss at
anythign or bully another cat as she has been so submissive to jessie,
but she has hissed at Mr McG and guarded the litter tray, such a
different character.

it is obvious that the pecking order in now; jessie at the top, terri
in the middle, and Mr McG at the bottom (poor boy). i have got in a
feliway diffuser inthe backroom so hopefully that will have an effect
in a week or 2.

Terri and Mr McG are asleep inthe front room now, him on a big squishy
cushion on the floor, her in her round doughnut bed on an armchair.
Jessie is still staying upstairs in her 'penthouse'. though i doubt
they will ever all start snuggling up together, it woudl be nice if
they all got on a bit better to some extent, and hopefully the
diffuser will help matters.
I wil try to get some pictures soon, be warned though; he is a big
boy, built for comfort and not for speed.

emily

Old August 21st 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda[_3_]

Awww, I'm glad he's sleeping on a comfy cushion instead of being in a
little cage at the shelter. That's wonderful that you like to take in
the old kitties who have less of a chance.

Hope they all get to be good friends.

Rhonda

Old August 21st 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

bookie wrote:
Terri and Mr McG are asleep inthe front room now, him on a big squishy
cushion on the floor, her in her round doughnut bed on an armchair.
Jessie is still staying upstairs in her 'penthouse'. though i doubt
they will ever all start snuggling up together, it woudl be nice if
they all got on a bit better to some extent, and hopefully the
diffuser will help matters.
I wil try to get some pictures soon, be warned though; he is a big
boy, built for comfort and not for speed.

emily- Hide quoted text -

he is huge so thankfully we have some old sofa cushions for him, nice
big squishy feather ones my mum kept from an old sofa they threw out,
the cats love them unsurprisingly.

the story of him is not great ; he had a fairly lovely first 15 years
with his mum who was a cat fosterer and then when she died he was
taken in by cats prtection with his chum who was a bit younger and so
got homed quicker. He was eventually homed by some woman who a few
months later moved her old mother in with her cos the old bat was
unable to look after herself in her own house (or something), anyway
the old bat decided that she didn't like having the cat in the house
so poor mr mcgregor was made to live outside in the garden for a few
months (thank god it was after it got warmer) until the woman who had
adopted him finally realised that this coudl not continue and rang
Cats Protection to tell them that she didn't want him anymore (novelty
had worn off basically).

he went back into a pen in one of the fosterers back gardens for a few
months again and I didn;t knwo about this until they put his picture
in the local paper and I rang her up to ask what was happening with
him. I think we (current fosterer and myself) are both kind of annoyed
with fact that he went to this other woman instead of me in the first
place as I did ring up about him when he first went the CP for
adoption but this other woman took him first. The people at the CP
know that I had a previous cat from them (jasper) who was old and
stuff so i had hoped that that might have swayed them to let me have
him in preference the first time round but mabe they thought he woudl
be better off in a home without other cats as i already had jessie at
that time.

still it sorted itself out inthe end and mr mcg is coming along quite
nicely, his fur is cleaning up, his dandruff has already gone in just
a week, i cleaned his ears out today (they were disgusting!) clipped
his back claws, and he has generally had lots of fuss from everyone
here (well humans anyway) and hopefully he is starting to feel
comfortable.

he is such a sausage, he would not hurt a fly, he is just a big fatso
who just wants someone to love him and somewhere cosy and warm to
sleep. I really can't understand why people did not want him or why
this other woman lost interest or why her horrid old ma insisted the
poor sausage be thrown outside, how bloody cruel is that? would she
like it if she were made to live outside inthe cold and wet?

as soon as I can do it i will put up some photos of him since he has
come out from behind the armchair and is investigating the downstairs
right now (he is so brave). it just breaks my heart when I see his sad
face, i just want to hug him lots

bookie

Old August 21st 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

bookie wrote:
[...]

bookie- Hide quoted text -

Stupid old bat...
Makes you wonder whether (some) humans deserve cats company @ times,
doesn't it?
Anyway, great to hear the background, infuriating to hear they made
such a cock up in the first place, but delighted that all's well that
ends well in this case.

I'm delighted the old boy has decided that it is time to investigate
his new pad, & isn't too intimidated by the ladies to claim his patch.
Bless him, he does have a rather wide girth, but the again, that's
part of what makes him who he is. @ his age in life, one doesn't need
to worry about the minor things in life. I'm certain he is just
delighted to be out of a cage, out of the rain & nice and comfy on
your lap having strokes, combs and cuddles... we can worry about
loosing a few pounds when things are more settled. Has he shown any
inkling as to whether he would prefer an outside trip, or is he an
inside man?

He looks like a real treasure, bless him )
Sheelagh"o"