hurricane update

Old August 31st 11, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Default hurricane update

We are okay. Our power only went off for a few minutes but, we lost
internet until Tuesday afternoon. My Mom's power came back on this
morning. She is on a well so she didn't have running water.

Not much damage near me. We were lucky. Along the coast they were hit
harder.

Ann
in Connecticut
Old August 31st 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ann" wrote in message
We are okay. Our power only went off for a few minutes but, we lost
internet until Tuesday afternoon. My Mom's power came back on this
morning. She is on a well so she didn't have running water.

Not much damage near me. We were lucky. Along the coast they were hit
harder.

Ann
in Connecticut

I'm glad you're okay, and that it wasn't any worse.

Joy

Old August 31st 11, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default hurricane update OT

I was lucky. We had 5 inches of rain and the wind wasn't too bad. The
power stayed on. There was no flooding locally but route 302 through
Crawford notch is closed. There were several road washouts and one
bridge was destroyed. Vermont was really hit bad. Some towns are
isolated because of roads and bridges that were destroyed. Some areas
will take months to be restored. Amber and Tiger slept through most of
it and the hummingbirds were active on the feeders.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 31st 11, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/30/2011 7:34 PM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
I was lucky. We had 5 inches of rain and the wind wasn't too bad. The
power stayed on. There was no flooding locally but route 302 through
Crawford notch is closed. There were several road washouts and one
bridge was destroyed. Vermont was really hit bad. Some towns are
isolated because of roads and bridges that were destroyed. Some areas
will take months to be restored. Amber and Tiger slept through most of
it and the hummingbirds were active on the feeders.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I'm so glad you and Ann both weathered the storm and are safe. Purrs
for those who weren't as lucky, this was a bad one. It's scary to think
that we're just now entering an era of large destructive hurricanes.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 31st 11, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

Ann wrote:

Along the coast they were hit
harder.

Ann
in Connecticut

I have a sister who lives in New Haven. She sent some pictures of
downed trees and lots of water running where it didn't exactly belong.
Still nothing as bad as what we see on the news reports from Vermont.

Here, we only got 2.5 inches of rain and winds gusting to 50 mph. We
lost power for 28 hours, but there are quite a few in the state still
waiting -- including a nephew who is only five miles away from us.

--

Wayne M. in southern Maine
Old August 31st 11, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

---MIKE--- wrote:

Vermont was really hit bad. Some towns are
isolated because of roads and bridges that were destroyed. Some areas
will take months to be restored.

That's amazing to me. Vermont is so far inland, I wouldn't expect an
ocean-based storm to maintain steam that far away from the coast. I lived
in Massaschusetts (eastern - around Boston) for many years, and I don't
remember ever hearing about Vermont being affected by hurricanes. That's
wild!

My sister lives in coastal Florida, but the storm totally bypassed her
area. That's lucky, because it probably had a lot more strength that
far south.

Amber and Tiger slept through most of
it and the hummingbirds were active on the feeders.

Sounds like it was mostly pretty calm!

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old August 31st 11, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 8/30/2011 10:12 PM, Wayne Mitchell wrote:
wrote:

Along the coast they were hit
harder.

Ann
in Connecticut

I have a sister who lives in New Haven. She sent some pictures of
downed trees and lots of water running where it didn't exactly belong.
Still nothing as bad as what we see on the news reports from Vermont.

Here, we only got 2.5 inches of rain and winds gusting to 50 mph. We
lost power for 28 hours, but there are quite a few in the state still
waiting -- including a nephew who is only five miles away from us.

I have a sister in law in East Haven and she is okay.

Anyone hear from Will in New Haven?

--
Ann

in Connecticut

hurricane conniepo Cat community 13 August 29th 11 11:58 AM
Update on Kajikit and hurricane Wilma [email protected] Cat anecdotes 11 October 27th 05 03:22 AM
Hurricane Frances Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 32 September 3rd 04 10:27 AM
Hurricane Jean Hobbs Cat anecdotes 33 August 19th 04 04:55 PM
Hurricane? Karen Cat anecdotes 6 August 18th 04 02:25 AM