Kittens Day Two

Old August 7th 05, 08:35 AM
guynoir

Default Kittens Day Two

Today the kittens learned how to eat, how to drink water and how to
poop. They haven't quite gotten the hang of walking on water yet, but
they're working on it. One of the kittens, after stuffing himself with
cat food, started making scratching motions, so I tossed him in the
litter box. After a great production digging several holes until he got
it just right, he left his deposit and promptly stepped in it. The
other two kittens followed. With each one, the mother cat checked up on
what they were doing, scratching around in the litter box.

It's fascinating watching the mother cat interact with the kittens. She
has a particular trilling purr and the kittens all start meowing
(squeaking) and come running to her. She likes to lay down and watch
the kittens play.

The interesting thing about the purr, it's exactly the same purr that
Shadow the feral used to make whenever he saw my cat Pip. Of course Pip
was disgusted by Shadow's homosexual advances and won't have anything to
do with him, but Shadow keeps following him around years later.
--
John Kimmel

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."

Theodore Roosevelt
Old August 7th 05, 08:43 AM
-L.

guynoir wrote:
Today the kittens learned how to eat, how to drink water and how to
poop. They haven't quite gotten the hang of walking on water yet, but
they're working on it. One of the kittens, after stuffing himself with
cat food, started making scratching motions, so I tossed him in the
litter box. After a great production digging several holes until he got
it just right, he left his deposit and promptly stepped in it. The
other two kittens followed. With each one, the mother cat checked up on
what they were doing, scratching around in the litter box.

It's fascinating watching the mother cat interact with the kittens. She
has a particular trilling purr and the kittens all start meowing
(squeaking) and come running to her.

Nothing cuter than that trill.

When I was hiking the foothills of Pike's Peak one day about 10 years
ago, I heard a mountain lion make that trill to her cubs and then the
cubs answered back. Then *everything* in the area went silent. We got
the heck out of there, pronto. The next day we found fresh tracks and
the cat's feet were larger than my outstretched hand. We were lucky we
got out of there in one piece.

-L.

Old August 7th 05, 07:02 PM
Candace

guynoir wrote:

It's fascinating watching the mother cat interact with the kittens. She
has a particular trilling purr and the kittens all start meowing
(squeaking) and come running to her. She likes to lay down and watch
the kittens play.

Too cute! In 1986, I found a mom cat and her 4 kitties at my then apt.
complex. I took them in. They were probably about 4 weeks old at the
time. It was the first time I had been around a mom cat and kittens.
It was a lot of fun. I wound up keeping the mom cat, Emily, and one of
her sons, Cory, who lived to be 14 and 18 respectively (Cory died a
little over a year ago). The others all got homes, too.

I wonder if you'll be tempted to keep any of this little family?

Candace

Old August 9th 05, 07:40 AM
guynoir

The last time I let a kitten go, she was crying as I carried her out to
the car, and as the car drove off. I'm still traumatized a year later.
I'm going to try and get the mother's new owner to take the whole
batch, and then get rid of the kittens herself. I hate kittens, they're
expensive, high maintenance, they force me to neglect my other cats, and
they make me cry.

Candace wrote:

guynoir wrote:

It's fascinating watching the mother cat interact with the kittens. She
has a particular trilling purr and the kittens all start meowing
(squeaking) and come running to her. She likes to lay down and watch
the kittens play.

Too cute! In 1986, I found a mom cat and her 4 kitties at my then apt.
complex. I took them in. They were probably about 4 weeks old at the
time. It was the first time I had been around a mom cat and kittens.
It was a lot of fun. I wound up keeping the mom cat, Emily, and one of
her sons, Cory, who lived to be 14 and 18 respectively (Cory died a
little over a year ago). The others all got homes, too.

I wonder if you'll be tempted to keep any of this little family?

Candace

--
John Kimmel

Naturally, these humorous remarks are all entirely my own opinion, based
solely
on rumor, supposition, innuendo and damned lies, and should be
interpreted in a
spirit of fun. My memory is faulty, also.